New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 243479)

Help with Coin Switches and Credit Reel on Williams Full House

By phack5

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by phack5
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Hi all. I'm new here and new to working on pinball machines, but I have a lot of electronics/electrical experience. I've also played various pins, but haven't worked on one. An old guy nearby asked me to check over a Full House pinball he recently received from a family member. So far, it seems to mostly be working. It needs a few light bulbs and a bit of gentle cleaning, but nothing too serious. This guy wants it to work as it was originally, which means the coin mech too. I removed the mech and gave it a wipe down and adjusted it slightly, and it takes coins through nicely. The problem is that somebody has mangled up the switches where the coins hit the little wires. I assume they were manually adding credits at some point. I've straightened them out, but I don't know quite how they are supposed to look. Does anyone have a picture of what shape they should be? I would like to make sure they are lined up properly.

Also, the credit reel doesn't seem to count correctly. So here is what I have seen happen. If I put in a quarter, and there are zero credits, it counts up to 3. If I put in another quarter, it counts up to 6. If I put in another quarter, it counts up to 8 and stops there. It doesn't seem to go past 8, even though there are a lot more numbers on the reel. Also, if I put in a dime, it goes down 1 credit. And, if I put in a nickel, it goes down 2 credits. I'm totally baffled why it would do that. I'm sure there are experts on here that have the knowledge on this. Can anyone enlighten me on that? I have to admit I am really enjoying working on it. Any help is much appreciated!

1 week later
#2 1 year ago

Hi again. OK, I know I'm a noob here, so I have been doing my homework and pay my dues. I see now how the posts on the credit reel set the max plays. I also found the switches to set the number of plays on a quarter and dime. The nickels make it go down 1 credit now, and I haven't found a switch to adjust that. If anyone would like to clue me on how to set that, that would be great. So, I am gaining on it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 21.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 7.00
Electronics
APB Enterprises
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 199.99
$ 29.99
$ 259.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 47.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations
$ 28.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 6.50
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 35.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
COINTAKER.COM
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 27.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts
$ 42.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 229.99
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside