Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by MrWizzo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

I am hoping to give my son Danny a pin as a gift for completing his M.S.E.E. thesis. We have played Spiderman and Ironman, and he liked both but does like Spiderman more.

How does SM compare to Tron? Neither of us have played Tron, but I know the theme is right up his alley.

It seems that Spiderman has become a keeper. Has Tron? Is the software finished on both?

Not sure about XMEN. I don't think he likes the huge figures on the playfield.

Thanks for your input. It is a shame that there so few pins on location here in the DC area and in central Pa where he is.

Dan

#2 11 years ago

You can't go wrong with SM....... If you can find one?
    IMHO the perfect package, theme, flow, rules, sound, artwork. Killer game!

#3 11 years ago

SM is the best all around game PERIOD.

#4 11 years ago

Go with Spider-Man.

#5 11 years ago

If the two of you can try an AC/DC, it is a solid game that will stand the test of time as well. It is a long-term keeper especially when the new update comes out.

#6 11 years ago

If he's an EE how about an older game and a P-ROC controller?, get him started down the path of building his own!

#7 11 years ago

SM or IM, problem solved.

#8 11 years ago

I like Spiderman but LOVE my AC/DC. Actually a good pair to have....

#9 11 years ago

Don't forget about Tron! Its a great newer Stern game that is starting to get hard to find though. Fun theme, great music and lots of FAST action. And its easier to figure out , but also at the same time not too easy to finish!

#10 11 years ago

I can't get into ACDC, I tried and failed,it just doesn't do it for me.

#11 11 years ago

SM >> ACDC, Tron imo. Better shots, feels more solid quality-wise. Another rec for a (fairly) recent Stern would be World Poker Tour. Great, deep game, and you can find great deals on this title.

#12 11 years ago

Thanks for the opinions. Leaning toward Spidey, but would like to check out Tron too before doing something.

At Pinfest, Danny kept trying to get me riled up a bit by suggesting we play AC/DC. I didn't care for the band and have no interest in the pin because of the theme. I am glad though that so many are really into it and find it a good addition to their collection.

Quoted from ecurtz:

If he's an EE how about an older game and a P-ROC controller?, get him started down the path of building his own!

Good suggestion, but he is part owner of a high-tech startup and has tremendous demands on his time. Maybe down the road that type of project would be fine, but right now I hope to provide him just some entertainment in recognition of his accomplishment.

Dan

#13 11 years ago

Dumbest thing I ever did pinwise was sell my Spidey, of all the pins I have owned( I have owned a few but not a stack of them granted) it is the one I miss the most but I will get another one soon enough.

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from Wamprat:

Dumbest thing I ever did pinwise was sell my Spidey, of all the pins I have owned( I have owned a few but not a stack of them granted) it is the one I miss the most but I will get another one soon enough.

This is what I anticipate every time I consider selling my single-owner CV for the big bucks it would command these days. SPidey would be a keeper for me when I get one someday--right up there with LOTR and WPT imo.

#15 11 years ago

I spoke to Dan today, and despite the clunky toys, he thinks the XMEN playfield looks like it could be a good game. So another entry in the race.

Dan

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-choice-of-newer-stern-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.