4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

87D542E4-6775-48A7-939B-13E9474E3008 (resized).jpeg
#1 4 years ago

Good evening! I’ve got a 75 Chicago coin top ten that’s developed two problems.

1) when the ball hits the middle pop button it kills the power to the game and and I have to hit start again to restart a new game. So as soon as middle pop is hit it’s game over. I just changed the coil underneath and it didn’t resolve the issue.

2) the game is really having a difficult time going through the reset sequence at the beginning. It used to get stuck on what I thought was the counter reel and i would hear a continuous clicking sound . I’ve since replaced two contacts in the counter reels but now I see it’s this thats making the sound and seems to be the location where there’s an issue.

Any thoughts? What should I try next!

Thanks so much!

87D542E4-6775-48A7-939B-13E9474E3008 (resized).jpeg87D542E4-6775-48A7-939B-13E9474E3008 (resized).jpeg
#2 4 years ago

As to problem 1 is there a slam switch located on the bottom of the playfield near this bumper? It's possible that the vibration from the bumper firing is causing a slam switch to open.

Problem 2. I can't see the label but your photo is probably of the reset relay. This will continue to fire until every score reel is back to zero and all score reel switches are open. If just one of the score reels has a switch that is closed, this reset relay will continue running... forever.

You'll need to clean and adjust every score reel. One thing you could try to narrow it down. Turn off power. Advance each score reel to 1. So you scores all read 11110 (assuming last digit is a dummy number). Turn on machine and reset. Watch the reset carefully. Any numbers that are sluggish or go by zero without stopping the first time, will be your must likely suspects.

#3 4 years ago

I really appreciate this thoughtful response!

All of this helped think of what to try next!!

Quoted from edednedy:

As to problem 1 is there a slam switch located on the bottom of the playfield near this bumper? It's possible that the vibration from the bumper firing is causing a slam switch to open.
Problem 2. I can't see the label but your photo is probably of the reset relay. This will continue to fire until every score reel is back to zero and all score reel switches are open. If just one of the score reels has a switch that is closed, this reset relay will continue running... forever.
You'll need to clean and adjust every score reel. One thing you could try to narrow it down. Turn off power. Advance each score reel to 1. So you scores all read 11110 (assuming last digit is a dummy number). Turn on machine and reset. Watch the reset carefully. Any numbers that are sluggish or go by zero without stopping the first time, will be your must likely suspects.

#4 4 years ago

Do you have a high-quality schematic scan you can post? $2 for a PDF at Staples if you don't (assuming you have the printed one)

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-chicago-coin-top-ten and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.