• Latest reply 3 years ago by Budman
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
IMG_1054 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider doompin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

My Father recently found a working centigrade 37 for $500. It's in pretty good shape and was working whe he purchased it. It had to be shipped from Upstate NY to Central Texas. The head was removed for transportation but for some reason he disconnected the play field too. This is my first EM so I'm nervous about flipping the connections around and frying something. Can anyone provide a picture of how the play field harness plugs in?

#8 6 years ago

Thanks for the help Gents.

#9 6 years ago

So she's reassembled. I soldered a new cord on. Powers up fine but has some issues serious issues. If I hit the coin switch something in the back boxmakes a bunch of noise like it's trying to work (I can get around fast enough to see it). If I push the start button the game over light goes off. The flippers do not work though and the only switches on the play field that work are the kick out hole, drop targets, and the advance targets on the right. I'm pretty sure that I put everything back together correctly. The 1900 mile trip was probably pretty hard on her. I checked the fuses and replace one but no luck. Thoughts?

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

you had a ball in the out hole, does the ball in play advance

Yes I did and no it did not. I guess I'll pull it apart and clean it up.

#15 6 years ago

The gear on the ball counter mechanism appears to be missing a tooth but I'm not sure if that is by design because it seems to coincide with the end of its rotation where one of the arms on it contacts a leaf switch. Everything seems to move fine but when I push the start button only the top solenoid try's (unsuccessfully) to move. The bottom does not.

IMG_1054 (resized).JPGIMG_1054 (resized).JPG

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from catwel:

I'm new to pinside and a complete novice. We have a centigrade 37 that has nee our back room not being played. I took a short video of what is happening. it may be unrealistic that anyone could help but I thought I would try. We are really bummed its not working. I have no experience with working on pinball machines so not sure what I can do. Live in Madison, WI area
» YouTube video

You and I are in the same boat. I'm pretty good with solid state machines but these old electromechanical machines are a whole different beast.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider doompin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-centigrade-37?tu=doompin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.