Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by chinosts
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20130519_185159.jpg

#1 10 years ago

Hello pinsiders,

I ran across a warehouse somewhere in the US with a fairly large quantity of pinballs. I am in the negotiating process right now so I cannot disclose any details. I need help with anyone who has rented a u-haul truck to who knows the best loading method and how many I can fit into the largest size which is 26.5 feet long and 7.8 feet wide. It seems to me that standing them on end is the best and safest way to transport. Any guesses on how many will fit ?

Thanks in advance,
    Rob

#2 10 years ago

You'll get a better rate on a truck from Penske. Call them with a fake business name.

#3 10 years ago

Here I thought you were going to let us buy games for $50 a piece.

#4 10 years ago

Your taking a huge load?

#5 10 years ago

I'd definitely go the Enterprise or Penske route. I rented one for $50 a day. They come with lift gates and Uhaul has that tiny little ramp.

#6 10 years ago

Penske for sure. Ask for a lift gate.

#7 10 years ago

Dont mess around Bring in the big old Semi and load it to the rim. Stack them like a big rubicks cube.

#8 10 years ago

How many pins are you buying

#9 10 years ago

Thanks for the help everyone if the deal goes through I will post pictures (show and tell). Penske sounds like the way to go. 50 plus or minus complete games.

Rob

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from Barron:

Penske for sure. Ask for a lift gate.

Yes, definitely go with Penske.

If you went with U-haul, your loaded truck would be broken down on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere and waiting 10 hours for a tow truck.

#11 10 years ago

Hey Rob, Dillon and I helped load this truck for the EBPL guys at PAGG this year. I'm counting 25 or so and I'm not sure the size of the truck but I'd guess its close to the size you described. good luck and keep me in mind when you part with some of them.

IMG_20130519_185159.jpgIMG_20130519_185159.jpg

#12 10 years ago

Where was this warehouse???

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

Yes, definitely go with Penske.
    If you went with U-haul, your loaded truck would be broken down on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere and waiting 10 hours for a tow truck.

Agreed Penske trucks are much much better maintained. Some of the U-hauls out there should not be on the road.

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Some of the U-hauls out there should not be on the road.

Some of the U-Hauls floating around are the land equivalent of a commercial jet with a million + miles , but little very little or no maintenance.

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Where was this warehouse???

He's not gonna tell you when he's still negotiating lol

#16 10 years ago

The mother load!!!!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-buying-a-huge-load-of-games and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.