Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Cobra
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Ok. So tonight the VUK under the buildings stopped working. When I lift the PF I can see the ball sitting in the metal hoop that holds it. When the coil fires the plunger does not go far enough to hit the ball, it just falls short. This started all of a sudden. Was working fine up to this point.

I tried bending the hoop down a bit to lower the ball, but then it was not making it up and out. Just up but not far enough to exit.

Any ideas?

#2 6 years ago

Anyone?

#3 6 years ago

Check alignment of the mechanism to insure it is firing straight up and not leaning one way and hitting the sidewall. Also check to insure the ball is setting in the cup properly.
Rebuild. Coil sleeve, stopper, shaft and pivot arm, return spring. make sure you have good solder contacts on lugs.(if needed reflow)

#4 6 years ago

Yes, remove that mech (not that hard to do) and inspect if all is working freely.
Is it complete not broken ? inspect the cup which pushes the ball up.

#5 6 years ago

Can you post a pic of the mechanism? There is a cup that pushes it up? It looks like the tip of the plunger that goes through the coil hits it.

#6 6 years ago

When it fires I can see it working with the pf up. It is just not making contact with the Ball.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Can you post a pic of the mechanism? There is a cup that pushes it up? It looks like the tip of the plunger that goes through the coil hits it.

Can't open the machine at this moment, perhaps some other BSD owner can provide a picture of this VUK.

#8 6 years ago

The plunger itself should not be pushing the ball up. It should have a cup similar to the one here. It is the white plastic piece but its sitting up side down.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/565-0029-01

I don't know if that is the exact replacement for your game. You will have to check part numbers.

#9 6 years ago

Thanks. I will check in the pin, maybe it fell off.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Sale Pending!
Sunset, SC

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside