Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by WMSpin
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0066 (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8613.JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    dricore (resized).jpg
    DeleteMe2 (resized).JPG
    2014-09-15 05.25.54 (resized).jpg
    2014-09-15 05.24.55 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3221 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3216 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3222 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3223 (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0853 (resized).JPG
    415046 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wmspin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

We about to close on a house with a large unfinished basement. Before we move we are going to finish the basement space and I was curious what a good floor choice would be for the pins. I really don't want to put footies on the legs if don't have to. Leaning toward low pile indoor/outdoor carpet but I know there are a lot of options available.

Thanks.

Mike V.

#4 7 years ago

When you say laminate, so you mean the Pergo pieces that go together or a vinyl roll?

#7 7 years ago

The basement area will consist of a large game room, spare bedroom, office, bar, and workout room. I'd like to go with one flooring choice for all the rooms. The laminate is certainly softer/warmer on the feet and more forgiving when a glass hits it.

#14 7 years ago

I didn't think of the carpet square option - Are they peel and stick or do you have to put down glue? Also, the house has a tankless water heater and 4 sump pumps so water shouldn't be a problem. All the serviceable equipment (Water Heater, Air handler, Holding tank, water conditioner are in the basement storage room which will remain concrete.

1 week later
    #62 7 years ago

Thanks for all the ideas - After looking at different products and price points, I think we are going to go with LVP - It's going to be a large space and the LVP is waterproof and offers a wide variety in colors/styles. Will post some before and after pics when it's done.

Thanks Again,

Mike V.

4 months later
    #65 7 years ago

Just a quick update - We went the LVP (Luxury Vinyl Plank) route and I'm happy with the end result. Now I will have to keep an eye on the wear or hopefully lack of it. Just moved the first 2 in on Wednesday - Should have the rest of them in by the end of next - Will update with more pics!!

Mike V.

IMG_0066 (resized).JPGIMG_0066 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wmspin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-basement-flooring-choice?tu=wmspin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.