3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by WMSpin
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 18 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0066 (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8613.JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    dricore (resized).jpg
    DeleteMe2 (resized).JPG
    2014-09-15 05.25.54 (resized).jpg
    2014-09-15 05.24.55 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3221 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3216 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3222 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3223 (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0853 (resized).JPG
    415046 (resized).jpg

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 3 years ago

Here ya go. Light it up! LOL. Just kidding. Seriously, some of my flooring in my new game room basement will be real football astro-turf from a previous NFL stadium. I got a piece that is 10'x13'. The pins will not go on it though ... just for my football hall of nostalgia going to the game room area. Should be cool. Keeping an eye on this thread for ideas. Kind of like the black light short pile carpet for the pin area.

DeleteMe2 (resized).JPG

#52 3 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

So, adhesive is preferred? Will the self stick dots allow the tiles to shift? I found blacklight squares that claim to have padding already on them, so you would have a cushier feel. Ever use those?

Pressure sensitive adhesive is the best method. Dragging machines around with only the dots may cause them to buckle. I forget exactly what the backing was on those specific tiles and if PSA would work with it. Never used the ones with attached cushion.

#53 3 years ago

Thanks for the info, now if only they had blacklight tiles!

#54 3 years ago

Op, is your basement prone to flooding?

We just "finished" our basement, but our basement used to flood frequently. We have a sump pump in the corner, and the basement floor has a gutter than runs around the perimeter.

Before I moved all the pinball machines down there, we installed this stuff called "DRIcore" before laying down any flooring. It's a little expensive, but it effectively raises the floor up about a half an inch, and it has plastic feet so the water can run under the floor into the sump. Since then, we haven't had a single water issue, even through both hurricane Irene and Sandy.

dricore (resized).jpg

After we laid down that raised subfloor, we went for simple and cheap, and put down indoor/outdoor carpet. It's not the nicest thing in the world, but it's easy to clean when someone spills their beer or the cats drag their litter out of the litter boxes.

#55 3 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Op, is your basement prone to flooding?
    We just "finished" our basement, but our basement used to flood frequently. We have a sump pump in the corner, and the basement floor has a gutter than runs around the perimeter.
    Before I moved all the pinball machines down there, we installed this stuff called "DRIcore" before laying down any flooring. It's a little expensive, but it effectively raises the floor up about a half an inch, and it has plastic feet so the water can run under the floor into the sump. Since then, we haven't had a single water issue, even through both hurricane Irene and Sandy.

After we laid down that raised subfloor, we went for simple and cheap, and put down indoor/outdoor carpet. It's not the nicest thing in the world, but it's easy to clean when someone spills their beer or the cats drag their litter out of the litter boxes.

We're extremely pleased with DriCore too. It really makes standing for a long time much easier and keeps the basement warmer in the winter.

#56 3 years ago

Have a look at LVP... luxury vinyl plank. It's easy to install, no nails or glue, pretty cheap, and looks great.

image (resized).jpeg

#57 3 years ago

My basement is epoxy coated with a large section of Flor brand tiles. They dont move an inch and are replaceable.

IMG_8613.JPG

#58 3 years ago
    Quoted from radium:

Have a look at LVP... luxury vinyl plank. It's easy to install, no nails or glue, pretty cheap, and looks great.

Anyone have the LVP installed in their game room? How does it hold up to the feet of each pin? Do they mark the vinyl?

#59 3 years ago
    Quoted from Schwaggs:

I have a large saltwater fish tank in one wall of my game room so carpet was out as water spills are a fact of life with big aquariums.
    I chose to acid stain the concrete and seal it with Eagle Supreme Seal. Cost a total of $150 for a 650sf room, looks awesome and is bullet proof. The Supreme Seal gives the concrete a nice finish. More shine can be had with more coats (I did 3). Sliding metal game feet across it does not scratch it. If it were to scratch, I can brush/roll on more of the supreme seal and it dissolves itself and the scratch will disappear.
    The drawback was that the Supreme Seal is solvent based and takes quite a while before the solvent odor dissipates. You must ventilate the room for quite a while (3 weeks in my case) so don't finish it in the heat of the summer or cold of the winter.

Pics of tank?

#60 3 years ago

Anyone have click lock vinyl in a basement with pinball machines here? I'm also re doing our basement and we want to go with vinyl but I don't know anyone with it in a basement with pinball machines. I would love to see some pictures of how it stands up.

#61 3 years ago

+1

As for the flooring, I'm going through this right now with my basement project. I'm doing a variety of flooring, but have settled on tile for the bathroom & bar, short nap carpet for the game room and a laminate for the pool table / fish tank area.

I was initially opposed to laminate having memories of the cheap stuff you find in your grandmother's house. It turns out that the laminate these days pretty much looks like engineered hardwood. I saw it in the store thinking it was engineered hardwood. It seems to be very durable. I bought a box and threw it on the floor temporarily during construction to see how it would stand up to abuse. I've drug nail guns across it, tossed paint cans on it, dropped a hammer on it, etc. No scratches or damage that I can see.

The last thing I wanted to do was put it down and find out it isn't durable. Not sure how it would stand up to a death save though.

1 week later
    #62 3 years ago

Thanks for all the ideas - After looking at different products and price points, I think we are going to go with LVP - It's going to be a large space and the LVP is waterproof and offers a wide variety in colors/styles. Will post some before and after pics when it's done.

Thanks Again,

Mike V.

#63 3 years ago

Polyaspartic epoxy in Carribean blue.

image (resized).jpeg

1 month later
    #64 2 years ago

I'm going to go with tile in the bar and pool table area and low pile carpet (maybe black light carpet) in my pin area.

Good luck with all the flooring projects and post pics in a thread somewhere.

3 months later
    #65 2 years ago

Just a quick update - We went the LVP (Luxury Vinyl Plank) route and I'm happy with the end result. Now I will have to keep an eye on the wear or hopefully lack of it. Just moved the first 2 in on Wednesday - Should have the rest of them in by the end of next - Will update with more pics!!

Mike V.

IMG_0066 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 9.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 249.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Plastics
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 142.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 109.95
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Pinball Pro
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 59.99
    Hardware
    Chroma Pinball
    $ 6.00
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 495.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 1,000.00
    $ 229.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 129.25
    $ 16.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 12.95
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 221.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside