You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

353922BB-F4C2-4000-A2A9-CA061937C922 (resized).jpeg
635ACC91-D7B9-4C02-8A17-C4CA8B4C17A7 (resized).jpeg
BAB D relay switch (resized).JPG

#1 1 year ago

Just set up my Bank-A-Ball that I haven’t played for 5+ years. The game resets, reels included, the balls drop, credit drops by 1 but no play. Flippers and playfield are dead. Backbox and playfield are lit, no tilt.
Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks, Rick.

#2 1 year ago

I have a Flipper Pool, not Bank-a-Ball, but I think it's probably similar. I'd check your Jones plugs - re-seat them all. And there's a 10 A fuse that goes to the 25V part of the game (all the stuff on the playfield except lights). On Flipper Pool, that fuse is between the RED-YEL and RED-WH wires.

#3 1 year ago

Reply sent in private message.

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from paulace:

I have a Flipper Pool, not Bank-a-Ball, but I think it's probably similar. I'd check your Jones plugs - re-seat them all. And there's a 10 A fuse that goes to the 25V part of the game (all the stuff on the playfield except lights). On Flipper Pool, that fuse is between the RED-YEL and RED-WH wires.

It’s the 5 ball drop that has me confused. Only other game I have that operates like that is Bowling Queen.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Just set up my Bank-A-Ball that I haven’t played for 5+ years. The game resets, reels included, the balls drop, credit drops by 1 but no play. Flippers and playfield are dead. Backbox and playfield are lit, no tilt.
Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks, Rick.

I'm going off the schematic for Cross Town so this may be off base, but the ball release coil is engaged via a make/break on the reset relay, then dropped when the N relay, 1 point, is first scored. Are those two relays doing what they're supposed to do?

It makes no sense that the flippers are dead. All that is in the circuit are the flipper switches which are on the underside of the playfield. I suspect jones plug issues here too.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from paulace:

If the ball release coil is engaging it can't be the fuse because the ball release coil is not line voltage.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

If the ball release coil is engaging it can't be the fuse because the ball release coil is not line voltage.

Yeah, I see that now - Ball Release coil is in the 25V section.

#8 1 year ago

Clean and check the switch adjustments in both the Start and Tilt Relays. Make/Break in the Start Relay..

#9 1 year ago

Thanks for the advice, I’ll check it out later today. I will say, the gate stays open once the balls drop and shuts when power is turned off

#10 1 year ago

Sorry, I was looking at a Flipper Pool schematic, which I assumed was similar. Found a B-A-B schematic, and it's different enough. Looks like you have a D (Reset) Relay that is a latched relay that could be a problem.

Your Ball Release coil is supposed to stay energized until you score 10 pts (the M relay fires). Then the Ball Release coil is supposed to relax. Is this highlighted m/b D switch working correctly? That D switch should be in the opposite state from that shown in the schematic. If it's in the state shown here, the Ball Release coil would stay energized, like yours is, and most of the 25V would be dead.
BAB D relay switch (resized).JPGBAB D relay switch (resized).JPG

Does your D relay on the Control Bank trip when the score reels reset to zero?

#11 1 year ago

Sometimes a bad flipper coil on single player Gottliebs is the culprit. Had your same problem happen twice on Flip-A-Card over the years. Check your wires for bad connections. On later models they are in series with the slingshot switches in the playfield circuit. Also check and clean switches under your trough. They should release power to the playfield once the balls roll through. Once something is scored on the playfield, the armature that releases the balls should come down. Not sure, but there could also be a runway switch that needs to be engaged when you shoot the ball. Kenny.

#12 1 year ago

Found something, not obvious where to re-solder it. It’s right there at the “D” relay. Guessing top right terminal but can’t find my mini alligator cables.

353922BB-F4C2-4000-A2A9-CA061937C922 (resized).jpeg353922BB-F4C2-4000-A2A9-CA061937C922 (resized).jpeg635ACC91-D7B9-4C02-8A17-C4CA8B4C17A7 (resized).jpeg635ACC91-D7B9-4C02-8A17-C4CA8B4C17A7 (resized).jpeg
#13 1 year ago

Look for a make/break switch on the D relay that has a YEL-BLK wire on the center tab....should have an OR+BL wire on the second tab - that RED+WH wire should go to the third tab. Sometimes there are jumpers that don't match the schematic colors. But there's only one m/b switch on the D relay, so it should be pretty easy to spot.

It's that switch that's highlighted in post #10.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Various Other Swag
UpKick Pinball
Various other swag
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
Unisex
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-bank-a-ball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.