View topic image gallery

bstp-7.jpg
bstp-6.jpg
bstp-5.jpg
bstp-4.jpg
bstp-3.jpg
bstp-2-152.jpg
bstp-1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dbpbandit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I'm trying to clean up and figure out some botched wiring on a Bally Star Trek. Can someone please send me a few good pics of how the connections to the power supply board are supposed to look like? Mainly the connectors and which wires go to which pins. Someone really messed this thing up.

Thanks.

#3 9 years ago

Thanks, this is a much better copy than what I was working from.

#4 9 years ago

OK, I still need some help with this guys. I do not have a lot of experience with these power supply boards and I'm having a hard time figuring it out, even with the schematics. (see picks) For some reason this is really intimidating me.

bstp-1.jpgbstp-1.jpg

bstp-2-152.jpgbstp-2-152.jpg

bstp-3.jpgbstp-3.jpg

bstp-4.jpgbstp-4.jpg

bstp-5.jpgbstp-5.jpg

bstp-6.jpgbstp-6.jpg

bstp-7.jpgbstp-7.jpg

Someone has really hacked this and I have no idea how to get it back to how it's supposed to be. Several wires have been cut from the connectors and hard wired to the board and others have been connected to other wires.

I have a replacement aftermarket board and also a rebuild kit, I'm not sure what would be the best, replace it and fix the connectors and wiring? Or rebuild it and try to figure out the wiring?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

#10 9 years ago

Thanks for the advice and encouragement guys.

I can rework the board, that's not the problem. I guess the real thing that has me concerned is that I just don't know what was done prior to me getting it and trying to fix someones mess always gets to me.

Thanks for the link Vid, that's a lot of really useful information and I'm going to give it another go. Since I have all of the parts, I'm going to re-work the board first and see how it goes. If I mess it up I'll use the replacement one instead. Once I get all of the wiring sorted out that is.

Thanks again for all the help, this forum rocks.

2 weeks later
#11 9 years ago

UPDATE:

I finally got this wiring figured out and the new board installed. Bench tested it and all voltages are good. Thanks a lot guys!

The game is not booting up but at least I know it's not an issue with the power now. I need to get the board looked at, LED comes on and stays on. Sometimes when you power it up the relay on the regulator comes on and you can activate the flippers but not every time.

I have to do this same procedure on a Stern Galaxy, should be exactly the same, correct?

Thanks again for the help.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dbpbandit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-bally-st-please?tu=dbpbandit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.