Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0070 (resized).JPG
IMG_0069 (resized).JPG
0127191116a.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Joydivision.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Fordiesel69:

This game is set up for a balley kiss and I want to change it to a Evel Knievel what is the best way to do this. See the photo for the jumpers and the roms that are currently installed

Just a side note on these Twobit Dash 35 boards.

If you find you have any feature lamp flickering going on with standard incadescent globes installed for feature lamps (regardless of which game you use this "Dash 35" board in) you need to check U14 is a 4049UBE & not a 4049B.

Some or all of these Twobits "Dash 35" MPU's were shipped with a 4049B at U14 when it should have been a 4049UBE. All the Bally boards were shipped with a 4049UBE (even though the manuals state 4049B at U14). A 4049B at U14 will cause very noticeable flickering on some feature lamps.

I swapped mine out to fix this problem.

Probably a good idea to get rid of that Nicad battery too before it leaks.

1 month later
#8 5 years ago
Quoted from Fordiesel69:

Joy division..... Thank you for the tip, that is how I ended up with that board. Posted the topic on rgp yrs ago and nobody knew anything about it. I swapped some resistors, I swapped some other things to no avail. U14 is incorrect. I will change it out.

No worries, yes, I found their was very little info about this. Definitely change the U14 to a 4049UBE & see, looks like yours is nice & easy as it's socketed - mine was soldered in.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Fordiesel69:

No dice. It does have the UBE chip at U14.. So that funny flicker I see in the incd feature lamps must be something else.

Ah ok, even though it'a a 4049UBE present, I would probably change it for another different brand 4049UBE to rule out U14 in case the problem is with that chip or the brand of chip. They are cheap. I would check the socket is ok too. I used a CD4049UBE.

A post on a similar problem here & other possible solutions- may be of some help.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-controlled-lamps-flicker

IMG_0069 (resized).JPGIMG_0069 (resized).JPGIMG_0070 (resized).JPGIMG_0070 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.98
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 179.00
$ 29.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Joydivision.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-bally-dash-35-roms-jumpers?tu=Joydivision and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.