2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20211204_100114 (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

Please forgive me if I posted in the wrong sub forum.

I have a Williams Travel Time (EM, 1972) with fresh rubber and a mild restoration. This isn't EM specific.

I'm having an issue where a ball will bounce off a pop bumper, hit one rubber band, hit the pop bumper again, and begin an endless bouncing cycle. The only way to stop it is to activate the tilt switch.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I need to tweak the rubber ever so slightly to create a different bounce. Oddly enough it is only one pop bumper. The ball is bouncing between the right pop bumper and the band just below it.

20211204_100114 (resized).jpg20211204_100114 (resized).jpg
#2 2 years ago
Quoted from Homeslice666:

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Playfield level left to right ?

Try a smaller or larger rubber ring.

LTG : )

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from Homeslice666:

Please forgive me if I posted in the wrong sub forum.
I have a Williams Travel Time (EM, 1972) with fresh rubber and a mild restoration. This isn't EM specific.
I'm having an issue where a ball will bounce off a pop bumper, hit one rubber band, hit the pop bumper again, and begin an endless bouncing cycle. The only way to stop it is to activate the tilt switch.
Any ideas on how to fix this? I need to tweak the rubber ever so slightly to create a different bounce. Oddly enough it is only one pop bumper. The ball is bouncing between the right pop bumper and the band just below it.
[quoted image]

The only time I’ve seen that is the infamous Af-Tor video where it burned out the pop bumper coil.
I’m wondering the same as Lloyd, maybe the game isn’t level, or maybe it’s pitched too flat?

#4 2 years ago

Is it hitting the 1-1/2" band to the right of the out hole?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-ball-getting-trapped-by-pop-bumper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.