Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Acupuncture
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

unnamed (2) (resized).jpg
unnamed (1) (resized).jpg
unnamed (resized).jpg

#1 9 months ago

Hi Everyone,

I just received my Star Wars LE pinball machine, and the ball keeps getting stuck in a particular lane. I'm fairly new to pinball ownership, so my apologies for not using appropriate terms. The problem seems to be that the ring doesn't go down all the way. Is there a way to adjust this? I provided a pic below of the location of the problem. Thanks in advance!

unnamed (resized).jpg

#2 9 months ago

THe problem would be easier to see if you would turn off the pinball lights and use house lights. My guess is that inlane switch blade is set too tight underneath the play field and needs to be loosened up a little bit. Try pushing down on all three of those switch wires and see if the "bad" one is harder to push down when compared to the others.

#3 9 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

THe problem would be easier to see if you would turn off the pinball lights and use house lights. My guess is that inlane switch blade is set too tight underneath the play field and needs to be loosened up a little bit. Try pushing down on all three of those switch wires and see if the "bad" one is harder to push down when compared to the others.

Thanks for the reply. It definitely feels harder to push down than the others. I turned it upside and pulled a little on the switch blade. What's the best way to loosen the blade?

unnamed (1) (resized).jpg

unnamed (2) (resized).jpg

#4 9 months ago
Quoted from Acupuncture:

Thanks for the reply. It definitely feels harder to push down than the others. I turned it upside and pulled a little on the switch blade. What's the best way to loosen the blade?

I a not knowledgable about your pin or how your blades are constructed. I cannot advise you on how to loosen the blade. On my type of machine, I just kind of pull on the blade to et it where I want it. And I have an adjuster tool I got from here:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&mode=search&search_in=all&search_str=switch+adjuster

So, you are new to pinball ownership. Get out the check book. Keep the credit cards handy

#5 9 months ago

It also looks as if the ball is getting wedged between the rubber and the blue plastic lane guide.
If it is, try spinning that rubber 90 degrees or change it out for a smaller diameter one.

Or loosen the screws and see if you have a bit of play to adjust the blue plastic guide on the left over a bit.

#6 9 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I a not knowledgable about your pin or how your blades are constructed. I cannot advise you on how to loosen the blade. On my type of machine, I just kind of pull on the blade to et it where I want it. And I have an adjuster tool I got from here:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&mode=search&search_in=all&search_str=switch+adjuster
So, you are new to pinball ownership. Get out the check book. Keep the credit cards handy

Unfortunately that link doesn't work, but I did tug on the blade a bit underneath, and so far it seems like the ball isn't getting stuck. Thanks for the advice, and we'll see how far this gets us!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 11.99
$ 5,699.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.95
$ 124.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 24.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 12.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rocklin, CA
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chester , PA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 68.00
$ 24.25
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple
$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
$ 106.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside