Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2684 (resized).JPG
IMG_0183 (resized).JPG
IMG_0181 (resized).JPG
IMG_0184 (resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

Hi all,

I just a bought a 412 in 1 vertical multicade board for my jamma arcade cabinet but am having a problem.....

The monitor works great with an older multicade board.... not exactly sure what the board is as it only plays the 3 donkey kong games... thoughts ?

3rd picture is the older board working in the machine'
2nd picture is the 412 in 1 board, looking strange as it boots
1st picture is the 412 in 1 board after it has booted.

Any suggestions.... I was thinking that if one jamma board works on the machine all should... but maybe they are different.... do I need to hook up the Vsync Hsync differently ?

Thanks for any help.

Jim

IMG_0184 (resized).JPGIMG_0184 (resized).JPG

IMG_0181 (resized).JPGIMG_0181 (resized).JPG

IMG_0183 (resized).JPGIMG_0183 (resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago

pictures showed up in reverse order, sorry about that...

#3 7 years ago

It's fate for someone hacking a Xevious cab for a multi!

#4 7 years ago

Is there a dipswitch for CGA verses VGA? Looks like you might be feeding VGA to your CGA monitor.

#5 7 years ago

Dipswitch 1 should be OFF for Jamma connection, if you're using VGA connection dipswitch 2 changes native resolution from 640x480(ON) to 1024x768(OFF)

#6 7 years ago

I have confirmed board is feeding CGA not VGA....

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

It's fate for someone hacking a Xevious cab for a multi!

lol

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Is there a dipswitch for CGA verses VGA? Looks like you might be feeding VGA to your CGA monitor.

this should be your answer

#9 7 years ago

I know. I know... on the Xevious machine.... all I can say is I tried to fix it... rebuilt the power supply... read everything i could, reached out on other forums... could not get it to work.... I would have MUCH preferred it just ran the original hardware.... when it comes time to sell it, all the original parts are still there.... and if someone has the skills, maybe the can get it working. In the mean time, would be nice if it could play xevious, even if it is via a multicade...

I will double check CGA and VGA... but I dont think that is it.

#10 7 years ago

Adjust your the holds on your monitor. Check the manual for dip switch settings on the board for multiple resolution options and also double check, that boat may allow you to change resolution settings on the board as well. Another thing to check is the sync going to the monitor. It may require both syncs together or separately connected.

#11 7 years ago

Thx in homearcades....

Its interesting.

I checked the dips via the manual, they seem to be ok.
I checked looked at the manual fo the monitor... I seemed to have the inputs wired up ok including the syncs... BUT

I put the 412 in 1 in a different jamma machine just for kicks... and it does not have the issue in the other jamma cabinet (screen was upside down, but that is just a setting issue).... so clearly something is wrong or different in the first cabinet.... (even if it plays a 60 in 1 board just fine).

The 412 in 1 must need something its not getting with that harness. Only difference I can see is that the jamma harness where the board is not working has less wires on it... i.e. no grounds on pin 27 & 28.... if I figure this out I will post so everyone has the learning....

Jim

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Adjust your the holds on your monitor. Check the manual for dip switch settings on the board for multiple resolution options and also double check, that boat may allow you to change resolution settings on the board as well. Another thing to check is the sync going to the monitor. It may require both syncs together or separately connected.

It's the holds on your monitor. Adjust and you will be able to see it. So you know you will also have to place on free play and have credits in order to be able to select games... =)

#13 7 years ago

Jim were you able to locate the remote monitor adjustment board? Mess with your vertical and horizontal syncs there first. If it is an older monitor they may be directly on the chassis.

#14 7 years ago

Definitely looks like a sync issue.

#15 7 years ago

Happy to look at the syncs when I get home...

but if the 60 in 1 board works perfectly fine... why would the other board have a sync issue ?
The other thing I should mention is that the picture is not "rolling" in anyway.... I thought the adjustments dealt with rolling issues.... no ?

I am clearly an arcade monitor rookie.

#16 7 years ago

Both boards do not necessarily work on the exact same frequencies. Its going to be the smallest of tweaks to a vert or horizontal control pot.

#17 7 years ago

Try playing with the V-hold pot first.

This is not digital technology, the boards can have different synch signals (+HV, -HV, composite) and sync frequencies. The monitor itself has it's own range. You need to adjust it so they match each other. Some board/monitor combinations may not work at all (but that's rare).

#18 7 years ago

I had a similar problem on a 412 board a few months ago. Replaced the old pots on monitor chassis with the remote pot board and everything was good. I think the board was $30 or so? Maybe $50? In any case, it fixed it.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

It's the holds on your monitor. Adjust and you will be able to see it. So you know you will also have to place on free play and have credits in order to be able to select games... =)

Had the same exact problem. 60-1 worked perfect and the 421 was out of sync. Just config your vertical and horizontal syncs and it will come in...

#20 7 years ago

Ran into a similar issue going from 19-1 to 138-1. It's your sync adjustment.

#21 7 years ago

I should have mentioned mine had compromised pots in it. One of them broke in two during an adjustment requiring replacement. Instead of replacing I bought the below board. This works for a G07, not sure which monitor you have.

https://www.twistywristarcade.com/monitor-components/1076-go7-remote-pot-kit.html

#22 7 years ago

Ok

So the monitor inthe machine is the following:

http://slot-tech.com/amusements/monitor_schematic_diagrams/matsushita/TM202G.pdf
Might just be the original monitor. All made in Japan.

So I have adjusted the syncs... but not dice.... Horizontal sync did not appear to do all that much... screen would get a bit skinnier.... The veritcal sync had an impact, but it just made it roll... vs being stagnant. At least the two pots work

Jim

#23 7 years ago

Hi,

Thanks for everyone input above... love all the tech help.

So to recap....

60 in 1 works in the machine just fine

412 gives the picture that looks like it has a v sync issue.

I have adjusted both the V and H sync's and neither fixed the issue. The monitor is a matsushita TM202G. (link to schematic above). Both adjustments were on the chasis in case anyone needs to know in the future.

I just got done grounding all pins that were not grounded... that did not solve.

I am stumped.
Let me try small tweak again to the pots... maybe I was too heavy handed....

Jim

Picture of my jamma harness.... I grounded pin 14 because I thought that might be the issue... but nope... (monitor is being grounded from the bundle on the right. I also grounded the empty pins on the left... and that did not solve anything. FYI, the board attached is not the 412 in 1.... I just put that back on to see if I got the H and V sync adjustments back to where they worked.

IMG_2684 (resized).JPGIMG_2684 (resized).JPG

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-arcade-monitor-and-the-412-in-1-multicade?hl=kronlar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.