50FB8F71-1B03-49A9-BB70-1C0BD989FB52 (resized).jpeg
8B009332-6C47-4A15-9B2E-B96A827AE272 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210529_115418689 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210529_120453607 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210529_115344612 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210529_115349376 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210529_115330158 (resized).jpg
DSC_1515 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stangbat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 2 years ago

Don't know if this will help but this is how the DIP switches were set on the one I owned. I don't have it any more so I can't give you any more info.

DSC_1515 (resized).JPGDSC_1515 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#24 2 years ago

Congrats. It is a surprisingly fun game with a decent ruleset that suffers from terrible repetitious callouts and music.

Quoted from jwalrath:

Only question is: is there someone to soften those flippers just a tad. Whew boy they can move that ball around the lower section and fast.

The only thing you can do is put in weaker coils. I agree, the stock coils are waaaaay too strong, especially considering the close proximity of the loop and stand up targets. It is obvious that CG chose to make the coils crazy strong so that they'd hold up under conditions of lots of play with no maintenance. Measure the resistance of the coils in the game and then chose something higher. The game uses standard WMS flipper mechs and coils, so you should be able to use a lower powered (higher resistance) WMS coil that makes it play better.

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

The schematics in the game manual do not specify a coil number of any of the coils. Any chance you could post coil numbers from the coil wrappers in your machine? I've been wanting to add that information to the pinwiki page.

Ken, my game did not have any numbers on the coils. I have pics. They'll probably need to be measured with an meter to get an idea and make a guess where they fit in the WMS coil line up. As strong as they are, they are probably blue 11629.

This is KenLayton again, I took a bunch of pics when I had mine and I meant to write up and post them to Pinwiki. Obviously that never happened. If you want to PM me an email address I'll give you a link so you can download the original high res pics and post them to Pinwiki. I doubt I'll ever get around to it.

#38 2 years ago

Interesting, mine had no markings at all on the flipper coils. Just the brown wrapper. The rest of the coils had the CGC logo and type on them.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stangbat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-a-vacation-america?tu=stangbat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.