50FB8F71-1B03-49A9-BB70-1C0BD989FB52 (resized).jpeg
8B009332-6C47-4A15-9B2E-B96A827AE272 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210529_115418689 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210529_120453607 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210529_115344612 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210529_115349376 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210529_115330158 (resized).jpg
DSC_1515 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JOESCHALL.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#58 2 years ago
Quoted from Dsaintos2:

Anyone know CGC tel#?

708-780-0070, then dial 5 for tech support.

1 month later
#59 2 years ago

Two things:

Anyone know the part number or where I can order the circular red targets from? Mine are breaking and I need to replace them, and by appearance I'd say they are not specific to VA.

Also, I'm thinking about flipper rebuild kits from Pinball Life and I'd actually like flipper coils with less power than the originals in hopes of reducing the likelihood of target breakage, but again I'm not sure exactly what to order. Any advice appreciated.

#61 2 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

If you’re handy, you can replace just the face:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-7218-4

So you need a flipper rebuild kit? Are the links sloppy? Could stop worn? I find it hard to believe that these could be very worn (let’s face it, VA doesn’t get 1000’s of plays).
Rather than replacing the coil, just adjust the end-of-stroke switch so that the hold circuit activated quicker. This cuts the realized power to the ball significantly.

Excellent ideas all around. I'll take all your suggestions. Thanks!

#64 2 years ago
Quoted from Shogun00:

I recommend putting some foam behind the spot target. That will reduce the amount of flexing and prevent the spot target from braking.

Will do as well. Thanks. Replaced the coil stop and sleeve on the flippers and that helped their action greatly.

#66 2 years ago

Indeed, CGC has been very helpful to me with VA as well. Impressive that they came up with an MPU. And, yes, all owners should just clip off both ends of the green battery from the MPU. It's a cinch and, as you said, the battery serves no purpose. Glad you were able to save another VA, which is an enjoyable game for the home.

3 months later
#67 1 year ago

Odd behavior suddenly occurring, so I'm seeing if anyone has insight. When a ball is kicked out of the trough, the right flipper always flips itself into the hold position for a moment, then drops. Then when balls are locked in holes and a multiball begins, the right flipper goes into the hold position and just stays there. All electronic connections to the right flipper and to the trough kickout look intact. I tried disconnecting both kickouts associated with the multiball holes and stopping the ball from kicking out all the way to the shooter lane switch, but no change--the same representative behavior occurs with the right flipper always activating briefly as soon as the ball trough kicker fires.

I'm limited in my tech skills, but I'm wondering if this behavior implicates anything in particular or what next steps should be.

2 weeks later
#68 1 year ago

In case anyone on this VA owner's thread is interested, a "working project" Vacation America is for sale in State College, PA. $1,000 OBO. Pinside ad here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-vacation-america-6

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JOESCHALL.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-a-vacation-america?tu=JOESCHALL and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.