2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by bigguybbr
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigguybbr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 2 years ago
    Quoted from tombags:

Hello, I am working on a Stern Dracula and the boards were toast so I replace all 4 of them with Alltek boards. After replacing the boards the lights, solenoids, displays all worked. After sitting for a short time, the displays, lights still work however the solenoids stopped working with the exception of the knocker, coin lockout. I measured the voltages and they are all there, I checked the fuses out of circuit with a meter and they all fine. I have a spare Alltek MPU and put it in and still no solenoids or flippers. The new driver board does not show any errors. The switches are scoring correctly just the solenoids, flippers are not working. Any idea where I should look? Thanks in advance for any help.

Did you check the playfield fuse, or just the fuses at the power board?

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from tombags:

Yes I checked the playfield fuses and the board fuses. When the coil is engaged it makes a noise but doesn't pull in.

You didn’t by chance change out the rectifier board? The replacement ones pin outs are off by one. A couple of times I have been off by a pin and was trying to drive the flippers with the wrong voltage.

I had a similar problem when I did my Trident restore and swapped the rectifier board and redid the connectors.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trident-2020-restoration-/page/2#post-6421555

#5 2 years ago

Were you able to figure it out? I'm curious what the solution was.

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from tombags:

Problem solve, and bigguybbr was correct, the rectifier board is one pin off. I measured the voltage at the pins of J1 on the Alltek board and matched them up with the wires according to the schematics and all the coils and lights function correctly. Thanks to bigguybbr for the help. Now on to the next probem, no sound from the SB-100.

Glad you were able to learn from my mistake

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigguybbr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-a-stern-dracula-problem?tu=bigguybbr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.