• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by jojo22
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hey guys,
I've been bring an operation thunder back to life, and so far so good, except one drop target in a bank of 5 is not working. I cleaned all switches, put the game in test mode, and even manually closing the switch won't cause the game to recognize the switch closure. I tested the diode, visually inspected the wiring, and everything appears to be good. Is there anything else I can check that I might not be thinking of? It's just this one switch, as far as I can tell every other switch in the game works fine. Also, the game play is based around missions, and there is one mission that cannot be completed without the proper functioning of all drop targets. So basically every time this part of the game comes up, you will eventually lose your ball because the game won't recognize that you've completed it. please help!

#2 9 years ago
Quoted from jojo22:

Hey guys,
I've been bring an operation thunder back to life, and so far so good, except one drop target in a bank of 5 is not working. I cleaned all switches, put the game in test mode, and even manually closing the switch won't cause the game to recognize the switch closure. I tested the diode, visually inspected the wiring, and everything appears to be good. Is there anything else I can check that I might not be thinking of? It's just this one switch, as far as I can tell every other switch in the game works fine. Also, the game play is based around missions, and there is one mission that cannot be completed without the proper functioning of all drop targets. So basically every time this part of the game comes up, you will eventually lose your ball because the game won't recognize that you've completed it. please help!

First things that come to mind,

- Have you ohmed/checked continuity of the switch with a meter or DMM?..it's the only guaranteed way to confirm the health of the switch.
- find out where the other ends of the wire for that specific switch go to and see if the wire might be broken there.

#3 9 years ago

Check to see if there's a switch matrix card in the head or cabinet. Then go into switch test and check all switches on the same ROW and COLUMN as the non-working switch. Then inspect all those switches for a broken wire like suggested above.

#4 9 years ago

Thanks guys! I'll report back when I have a chance to try those out.

#5 9 years ago

Possible problem with switch matrix diode, just try change connectors on SW matrix pcb

Greetings from Croatia

3 weeks later
#6 9 years ago

UPDATE- Problem's been fixed. The wire that runs along the bottom and connects all the switches in the bank came loose on 2 of the switches. Just had to resolder. Very simple, and easily noticeable once we had removed the drop target bank from the machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-a-non-working-drop-target-operation-thunder and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.