14 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-15.jpg
#1 14 years ago

Put it in my basement a few years ago, and worked fine, but now when I plug it in, nothing happens. I tried the reset button underneath but no help.

Any suggestions?

Thanks from a nOOb.

#2 14 years ago

Welcome and we will all be glad to help. It will help if you let us know your troubleshooting skill level so to speak. I assume you've check the fuses etc already as that's the first thing to start with.

Your machine ?

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?gid=1566

If so you have a very rare old EM on your hands.

#3 14 years ago

yeh I would start from the outlet and work your way back - Im not a pin tech but like computers and other electronics - half the time its something basic - outlet reset, power supply, fuses

#4 14 years ago

Thats her. Gonna have to start and work my way back into the machine. Thanks.

#5 14 years ago

Sounds like Melody went to sleep on you - a few things that may wake her
- lift the playfield (remove ball) and set it back with the power off at first rotate score motor CC with finger
-now under power do the same rotate Counter Clockwise and it should show signs of life.
- put a credit on the window push 'start'
- if score motor wont shut off try pulling in reset bar of reset bank
(you dont want the score motor running forever)
-hope this helps

image-15.jpgimage-15.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

1,150 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-a-gottlieb-melody and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.