Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

soccermatch.JPG
20140418_195707.jpg
00-90 Unit.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Hi Everyone.

I recently acquired a 66 Wms Full House. It is coming along nicely but I can't figure out how the 1 pt. bell is supposed to work. It is on the bottom of the match step unit but I don't see anything to stike the bell. Attached is a pic of the unit. Any input or pics of how it should be set up would be helpful.

Thanks in advance for your help.

John P.

00-90 Unit.jpg00-90 Unit.jpg
#2 9 years ago

Here is a picture from my Apollo. Looks like you are missing the dinger.

20140418_195707.jpg20140418_195707.jpg

#3 9 years ago

Some of the match unit machinery has been replaced with parts from an older game. The bell clapper is that loose thick washer on a peg thing. The bell would be mounted on a different bracket that allows the clapper to ding it. Here's the match unit in a '64 Soccer:

soccermatch.JPGsoccermatch.JPG

#4 9 years ago

Thanks for the pic and the reply Firepower. If you look at the lower lever mine looks quite different than yours. Maybe someone swapped it out in the past. I found the bell clapper at PBR but it doesn't look like it will fit the lever in my game.

#5 9 years ago

That clears it up BoS. Thanks for that pic. Now I guess I am on a quest for the lever.

#6 9 years ago

Lever and gear here: ebay.com link: Williams Pinball Machine Match 00 90 Unit EM Electromechanical A 22 550 Coil

Looks like you'll want the stepper spring kit from PBR along with the bell clapper and e-clip. Clapper spring 10A-183 isn't in the kit so get one of those too.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from ksnuclear:

Hi Everyone.
I recently acquired a 66 Wms Full House. It is coming along nicely but I can't figure out how the 1 pt. bell is supposed to work. It is on the bottom of the match step unit but I don't see anything to stike the bell. Attached is a pic of the unit. Any input or pics of how it should be set up would be helpful.
Thanks in advance for your help.
John P.

00-90 Unit.jpg 472 KB

The loose looking thing on the left is the clapper. From this picture, it looks to me like the bell is adjusted too far away from the clapper. Loosen the screw on top and move it all the way over toward the clapper.

I've seen instances where the coil sleeve on these is metal and the plunger won't pull in far enough to move the lever far enough for the clapper to hit the bell. You might want to replace that too.

As far as I can see, your unit is complete but just out of adjustment.

Here's a picture of the unit on Top Hand, which is the AAB version of this game.

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2581&picno=31607&zoom=1

#8 9 years ago

Thanks again all. I have the stepper parts on the way. BoS- Thanks for the part number for that spring. I am looking for it on PBR and can't find it. Is that a Wms or PBR #?

#9 9 years ago

That's a Williams number - 1969 parts catalog, page 2. PBR has millions of little bits that aren't online. That spring is one of 'em. Ask for a bell clapper and the spring that goes with and you would get the right one but having the # shows you're trying and they like that.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-60s-wms-1pt-bell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.