(Topic ID: 137039)

Help With 1978 Gottlieb Sinbad! All guesses accepted. ;)

By PinJer

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by PinJer
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3401.jpg
IMG_3400.jpg
IMG_3306.jpg
Capture.png
IMG_3285.jpg
IMG_3283-2.jpg
IMG_3280.jpg
IMG_3287.jpg
IMG_3282.jpg
IMG_3284.jpg
IMG_3286.jpg
IMG_3273.jpg
IMG_3205.jpg
IMG_3197.jpg
There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 years ago

Ordered a new Ni-wimpf board. Took off the old one and the one chip is fried. Got the new one to make the machine work and play, but the 4 red targets in the back does not reset, the roll over targets do not register or chime and there is still a short out there some where. Love the Mark II board but I have to fix the short before this one shots. I have a tech coming over tomorrow to find and fix the short and replace the drop targets with new ones. If anyone is interested in this board let me know and I will ship it out to you.

IMG_3400.jpgIMG_3400.jpg

IMG_3401.jpgIMG_3401.jpg

#52 8 years ago

Wow, I haven't seen scorch marks around a socket like that before.

If I discover a chip that is too hot to touch, I turn the game off immediately. I guess that is what happens when it's left on too long

If you really want to, you might be able to desolder the socket (with the proper tools, of course) and replace it and the chip and have a working board again. But, if you really don't want it, I'd be willing to take a crack at it.

#53 8 years ago

Feel free to DM an offer my man. You are the most knowledgable guy on this machine, and I can not thank you again for all the information. I am done throwing money at the machine and I am praying the tech tomorrow can fix it for me so I can just play a little on the machine.

#54 8 years ago

A quick update: The tech came and after hours of picking at everything there was a couple diodes that were shot, a few switches that were shorting the boards, a blown transistor on the new rotten dog driver board, and the MPU to Driver board connector (new one from docent electronics) was shotty. He replaced the drop targets, so now we are going to replace the diodes, the transistor is going to be added to the new board, and once docent sends a new connector it should be ready to see what it all says... Hopefully this thing will finally work. I will never get rid of this thing... lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-1978-gottlieb-sinbad-all-guesses-accepted/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.