• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190126_082629 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
WatlingSlotMachine small (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

I'm looking for information about a Watling Twin Jack Pot slot machine that's been in my family since the early 70's. I thought I'd turn to the Pin community in hopes someone might have a list of sites that document restoration, parts suppliers, etc. Any info would be great.

WatlingSlotMachine small (resized).jpgWatlingSlotMachine small (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago

Nice Watling!

One Community is KLOV.

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

You can find parts there, as well as Ebay. Im unsure of a dedicated Watling Parts Site, but if yours is working,
Youll likely not need any HTF Parts.

As Far as restoration, Purists will appreciate the nice original condition yours is in, executing only a good cleaning on the
outside, and a clean and lube inside. Likely the better choice for "Value" retention.

A full restoration can be done, if you wish. It isnt too hard to restore the cabinet and polish/plate metal and repaint.

If you need any manuals, I likely have several that I was going to throw up on Ebay, that you might like.

#3 5 years ago

At this point id just like to get it working a little more smoothly/reliably. So a good clean/lube. I'm also planning on reworking the payout cards & reels. I'd like to repaint/polish at some point too but I also have pin projects to work on

One part I know I need is a reel catch lever. I replaced one many years ago but it's not a perfect match and doesn't work as well as the originals.

Thanks for the klov suggestion, I didn't think to look there (not sure why). I also found http://coinopcollectorforum.com which seems to have some activity for older slots.

I'm definitely interested in the manuals you're planning on selling. Please let me know what you've got. I have do have Geddes' "Owner's Pictorial Guide" for Watling slots that I picked up many years ago and it seems pretty good.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from mjthompson:

I'm definitely interested in the manuals you're planning on selling. Please let me know what you've got. I have do have Geddes' "Owner's Pictorial Guide" for Watling slots that I picked up many years ago and it seems pretty good.

Good Book. I checked thru the Pile, About 10 are General Slot History/Picture Books. Others are guides for other Manufacturers.

The One I find now related to Watling, is the Watling Operators Companion.....Slot Machine of YesterYear.

All Watling Pics, Info, and some schematics.Hardcover version
$22 inc shipping....Excellent, Like New.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5 5 years ago

Sold. I'll PM you.

#6 5 years ago

I would leave the paint, reels and payout card (yours looks to be in pretty good shape) in there original condition. That usually only decreases the value of the slot machine.

#7 5 years ago

This site has a UK bias, but lots of friendly people there....

http://www.pennymachines.co.uk/Forum/index.php

#8 5 years ago

I'm not sure whether I'm going to repaint the slot but either way I'm planning on waiting before jumping into an unreversible change. I am going to make/buy new award cards but I'm hoping to overlay them so the "change" is reversible.

I'll checkout the UK site, thanks!

#9 5 years ago

I own the same machine, it's 5 cents also and it's working.

20190126_082629 (resized).jpg20190126_082629 (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-1930-s-watling-twin-jack-pot-slot-machine- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.