3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Menthelm
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider menthelm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Got an issue with my Gottlieb Genesis. The #3 light by the drop targets no longer works. Worked before we cleaned and waxed the playfield. We changed every light bulb top and bottom just to make sure we had good bulbs. Wire looks soldered to the contact good and the ground is soldered good as well... Don't look like any cold solder joints. When i have all the lights on before starting a game I can make a connection with a different light bulbs wire and it comes on. So seems to me like there isn't power getting to the bulb where the wire is soldered on. Any help will be appreciated. I'm at work tonight and won't be able to do anything suggested right away.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

I see it’s a Insert light.
Check to see if the power is daisy chained from another light insert.
Sometimes that solder on the other light has broken away .

I will check that when I get home. I'll look at the wiring schematics and see where that wire goes. I believe it goea from that light to the the main control board. I looked around the schematics but didn't look real close.

#5 3 years ago

Think I might have narrowed it down to either the transistor or resistor on the control board. Checked for continuity from the bulb socket to the pin on the plug that goes into the board. Have some on order.

Now having issues with some random things going off and a coil being stuck on while it is powered on. Started a different thread for that issue.

#6 3 years ago

Issue solved. It was the transistor on the control board(A3) in position Q12. Hope this thread helps anyone else if they are having issues with one or two bulbs on a system 80. I did notice that while going through the schematics that lamp L11 is resistor R12 and transistor Q12, lamp L12 is R13 and Q13, ect. That info may help someone pinpoint which resistor or transistor they need to check if they have an issue.

Quoted from Menthelm:

Now having issues with some random things going off and a coil being stuck on while it is powered on. Started a different thread for that issue.

I fixed this issue in another thread. Was just a matter of unplugging the plug I tested on the control board and plugging it back in. Human error. Might be re-pinning at a later date just to thwart later issues.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Towson, MD

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider menthelm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-1-bulb-not-working?tu=menthelm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.