• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160404_171025_(resized).jpg
20160404_171110_(resized).jpg
#1 8 years ago

Hi. Got a HS2 this past weekend and a previous owner at some point had installed a shaker motor in it. I am having trouble finding any information on how to wire it up since the only wire of the 4 coming out of the motor board that is still wired up is the black to a ground harness....the other wires are purple blue and red and not attached to anything. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction! Looks like a pinbits shaker motor.

20160404_171110_(resized).jpg20160404_171110_(resized).jpg
20160404_171025_(resized).jpg20160404_171025_(resized).jpg

#2 8 years ago

I admittedly know nothing about this pinbits board, but that connector on the top right doesn't look right, as in it looks like your have it backwards currently. Red is USUALLY hot, so +20v and Drv should be Red, gnd should be Blue (or black or green), N/C should have No connection. I think that connector is reversed. The black to your ground harness is just a jumper to your outlet ground most likely.

Next, the purple and light blue are definitely the lower voltage/amperage connections, your data line. If they were power lines for the motor, they'd be thicker. So the blue and purple wires are probably a logic line for +5v that would go to a relay maybe... I dunno enough about this. Any other parts in there? Do you have a picture of the shaker motor? I don't have enough info here to help out with certainty. More pictures would help.

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

but that connector on the top right doesn't look right,

That's because its a 5 pin connector on a 4 pin header.

#4 8 years ago

I found the instructional on the pinbits website. Looks like whoever installed it followed them correctly for a williams machine (clipping 4th pin since only 3 are used on WPC)
The instructional says to wire to the 20v flasher on backglass panel. Here's the link:

http://www.iobium.com/shaker_motor_project.htm

I am hoping to find someone who has done this since I tried several times and still can't get it to work.

#5 8 years ago

If it was disconnected when you bought it, there is a reason. Either the motor or something on the board is blown. It doesn't matter how you reconnect it most likely. The PIC IC is probably fine, since it is isolated with those opto isolators, but maybe that IRL540N driver on there is toast. It would be an easy fix as long as the PIC isn't fried. If it is, you'd have to get a hold of another with the code burnt on it.

Do you have a multimeter handy so that you can test out some voltages in places? You'll at least be able to tell if the voltage output to the motor is working and rule it out.

1 week later
#6 8 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

If it was disconnected when you bought it, there is a reason.

I wish it was more common to see notes on a machine when things are disconnected... Was this unplugged because it was cooking boards or because the person just didn't like it? I just went through this with the sub in my HS2. It was taken out of the series deliberately.... After hours of trying to figure out why, I rewired it back in and it seems to be working fine... So who knows.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from jdb9294:

I wish it was more common to see notes on a machine when things are disconnected...

That's 1/2 the fun.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 72.50
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Boards
PinSound

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-willing-up-shaker-in-hs2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.