Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by DaveH33
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveh33.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hi I’m hoping someone can help me. I just bought a Williams Strike Zone shuffle bowling game but when playing in multi-player mode I can’t get through an entire game without the score resetting back to a new one player game at zero.
    Can anyone help me please? I bought this mainly for my grandkids to play with me and the seller refuses to return it.

#4 6 years ago

I’ve noticed it in multi player mode but I’ll check again to see if it happens with just one player.
    When it resets, it goes back to just one player with zero on the board. I do have to press the start button to restart the game.
    It seems to reset randomly. I’m going to play it again in a bit and see if I notice anything that happens just before it resets.

#5 6 years ago

Ok it does it on single player mode too.
    Also it does it completely randomly, not specifically to any certain pin.
    Also at times it jumps to the second shot in a frame, totally skipping the first shot of the frame.
    Also at times not all ten pins come back down after a frame. I only noticed this problem a couple times but it did happen when I just tried this.
    Also wanted to very gratefully thank you for your help. Very kind of you and MUCH appreciated.

#6 6 years ago

Upon further review:
    I noticed the game resets and/or misses registering a shot most often when I’m shooting for the 4 and 8 pins. I played a whole game aiming for the pins on the right side and got through a whole game without a reset. When aiming for the 4 and 8 pins I couldn’t get past the 4th frame without it resetting.
    At times when aiming for the 4 & 8 the shot didn’t even register and I was given a third attempt in that frame. This never happened when aiming for the other pins.
    Hope that helps!
    Thanks!

#8 6 years ago

No I don’t have a manual. I’ll have to find one somewhere.

#10 6 years ago

Thank you so much!

#12 6 years ago

Ok thanks. Anything else you’d recommend? I’m waiting for the manual to arrive.

#14 6 years ago

Thanks! The guy who sold it to me is coming today to take a look at it. He’s offering to try to fix it but won’t take it back. I’ll show him these suggestions.

#15 6 years ago

Well the seller came today but he wasn’t able to figure out what was wrong. Now he has taken two of the boards home with him to replace the caps though he said none of them really looked bad. The manual will be delivered in a few days so when he does return with the boards I should be able to run the tests. I read him all of the comments above but he couldn’t determine what was wrong.

#16 6 years ago

So after trying many different things the seller got it to work fine by “disconnecting all the ground wires” in the back of the machine.
    He assured me that’s it totally safe but I’m concerned. He said the older machines ran without ground wires.
    Is there any danger here? My grandchildren will be playing this and I want to be sure it’s safe. Can anyone advise me?
    Thanks!

#18 6 years ago

Ok. Thanks so much for all your help. Greatly appreciate all your help. Thanks!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveh33.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-williams-strike-zone-keeps-resetting?tu=daveh33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.