• Latest reply 2 years ago by MiVeck
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2017-09-21 at 7.18.09 AM (resized).png
#1 6 years ago

I recently bought a slugfest and it included an original card dispenser that was never used. I updated the game settings to activate the dispenser however it doesn't do anything or make any noise. I pulled the dispenser draw out and see on the small board that the led is lit however when I press the service switch, nothing happens. The rubber roller wheel didn't move so I removed the motor and then it moved good...when I put it back in, it wouldn't move. I'm thinking the motor is shot but wanted to ask for support in troubleshooting. Thanks.

#2 6 years ago

From your description, I'd think something is binding. Motor seems to work.

Might need a good cleaning and new grease or oil on appropriate places.

LTG : )

#3 6 years ago

Thanks LTG...do you know what kind of oil is used in these motors?

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from MiVeck:

do you know what kind of oil is used in these motors?

3 in 1, anything.

#5 6 years ago

I put in a new motor and gearbox with lubricant and still nothing. Again, the led on the board is lit but nothing happens. All wiring connections are made. Any other suggestions?

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from MiVeck:

Any other suggestions?

I'd put a meter on the motor and see if you have power. If not, then something on the board.

#7 6 years ago

Thanks. I am getting no reading so I removed the pcb in the dispenser. Do you know what I should test?

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from MiVeck:

Do you know what I should test?

I'm sorry, no.

#9 6 years ago

Manual is here and has schematics for the board:
arcarc.xmission.com/Pinball/PDF%20Pinball%20Manuals%20and%20Schematics/Slugfest_Operations_Manual.pdf

Screen Shot 2017-09-21 at 7.18.09 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-09-21 at 7.18.09 AM (resized).png

#10 6 years ago

Thanks so much!

#11 6 years ago

Ok, after much work, the card dispenser is still not operational. I've replaced the motor, gearbox and driver board and also tried to test the circuits. Any further guidance or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

8 months later
#12 5 years ago
Quoted from MiVeck:

Ok, after much work, the card dispenser is still not operational. I've replaced the motor, gearbox and driver board and also tried to test the circuits. Any further guidance or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Did you ever get this working?

3 years later
#13 2 years ago

Yes, finally got it working. Apparently, I was missing the necessary transistor on the driver board. Replaced that and it instantly worked.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wantagh, NY
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-williams-slugfest-card-dispenser-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.