(Topic ID: 101669)

RESOLVED: Who can re-chrome my Demo Man gun handles for me?

By PinB

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Hawk007
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN2913.JPG
gunhandle2.jpg
gunhandle1.jpg
IMG_5963.JPG
IMG_5967.JPG
IMG_5966.JPG
IMG_5965.JPG
IMG_5964.JPG
IMG_5968.JPG
DSC01016.JPG
#1 9 years ago

Edit: I eventually heard back from Mike Chestnut & all is good.

Is there anyone out there who can re-chrome my Demo Man gun handles for me?

I've tried contacting Mike Chestnut several times via e-mail with no response (must be too busy).

Can you guys recommend anyone else? If so, any pics of their work?

Thanks!

#2 9 years ago

PM sent

#3 9 years ago

Mike is AWOL till Sept. Try him after the 3rd. Also if the handles are not metal he can't do them. I know there was a thread for chroming plastic parts with suggestions. Maybe someone can supply the thread for you.-Joe

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Is there anyone out there who can re-chrome my Demo Man gun handles for me?
I've tried contacting Mike Chestnut several times via e-mail with no response (must be too busy).
Can you guys recommend anyone else? If so, any pics of their work?
Thanks!

Have you checked with a local gunsmith?

#5 9 years ago

Here in Los Angeles I use Supreme Plating for all my chroming, including my DM handles. They did them years ago and they still look perfect! Lots of Harley and custom car shops use them; reasonably priced, quick turnaround, and beautiful chrome.

#6 9 years ago

i did mine in stainless steel powdercoat and clear over top. looks sick and does not leave a metal smell on your hands like older chrome or steel etc.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Hawk007:

i did mine in stainless steel powdercoat and clear over top. looks sick and does not leave a metal smell on your hands like older chrome or steel etc.

Sound like a great idea! Mine are needing to be re-finished and not sure if mine are plastic or metal but right now the prior owner had spray painted them black...yuck..
Can you explain a little more on how you did them or better yet, post a few pics?

#8 9 years ago

ooo yea black paint would look bad......I will get pictures to post here..might take till tomorrow though. You will know if they are metal when you take them off and I am sure they are metal. Just have them sand blasted and powdercoat them up. Looks awesome. I did my t2 gun and coin door in the same colors ... stainless and clear and it looks amazing.

#9 9 years ago

Looking forward to seeing the pics...
Where did you have the stainless steel powdercoat done or did you do it yourself?

#10 9 years ago

DM handles are metal. Mike did mine. He did my T2 handle also.

#11 9 years ago

we do all of our powdercoating ourselves. Chrome is very nice but very expensive. Mike does an incredible job though! But for us powdercoat was a no brainer

#12 9 years ago

Ill bet Mike has a set ready for exchange , That is how I got mine ,no waiting .

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Ill bet Mike has a set ready for exchange , That is how I got mine ,no waiting .

For some reason when I emailed him that mine were painted black, Mike said he would only do my set. That he wouldn't exchange a chromed set for mine. Not sure why.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Not sure why.

He hates you? Or maybe he just does not have a spare set to exchange?

They get acid dipped, it does not matter if you had Crayola Crayons on them.

#15 9 years ago

How about Pinchroma?

#16 9 years ago

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I eventually got a reply from Mike Chestnut (he was on vacation) & all is good.

#17 9 years ago

Anybody care to share some prices they paid for rechroming dm handles? I need a set done and I am debating on whether or not its worth it

#18 9 years ago

150.00 with Mike, I just heard back from him myself, he has 2 sets ready now.

#19 9 years ago

balboarules, can you post a pic of yours when you get them back. I want to get mine redone as well. Considering both the powdercoat and rechrome options. It would be interesting to compare your rechrome pictures with Hawk007 pictures when he posts his powdercoat version. Thanks!

#20 9 years ago

I have not sent mine out yet, but will once I do and get them back, had a set done before and they were beautiful!

#21 9 years ago

Not a very close up, but Mike did these...

DSC01016.JPGDSC01016.JPG

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

Not a very close up, but Mike did these...

Thanks Patofnaud! Those look a better than the ones I have. I'm considering getting the rails/legs, etc... powdercoated blue (eg http://www.backalleycreations.com/bac%20main%20frame%20page.htm), but I need to get the guns redone as well and I've been meaning to start this exact thread, so any information I can get is useful.

By the way, what brand lift do you have underneath that DM?

#23 9 years ago

That is a Habor Freight 500lb lift with modified handles. There is a full thread on Pinside about them. With the usual HF 20% off coupon its just over $100.

#24 9 years ago

Here's a few pics of the handles Mike did for me (Exchange) back in the Spring:

IMG_5968.JPGIMG_5968.JPG
IMG_5963.JPGIMG_5963.JPG
IMG_5964.JPGIMG_5964.JPG
IMG_5965.JPGIMG_5965.JPG
IMG_5966.JPGIMG_5966.JPG
IMG_5967.JPGIMG_5967.JPG

#25 9 years ago

Anybody top my UGLY Demoman Gun Handles?
LOL

gunhandle1.jpggunhandle1.jpg gunhandle2.jpggunhandle2.jpg
#26 9 years ago

Here are my coated ones...DSCN2913.JPGDSCN2913.JPG
As we coat it costs me nothing. But that chrome sure looks purdy!!! WOW. What is it about shiny things...lol

#27 9 years ago

Thanks for providing all of the pics. I do like those chrome ones.

#28 9 years ago

...the chrome is way nice..makes anything else look bad. After you do those you will want to do the whole thing!

The stainless pc looks great in person. When the coin door is done I will post that as well. We did the BB hinges also and the bolts. Looks really good. And you cannot beat the price. lol

#29 9 years ago

Mike doesn't live very far from me. Been to his place several times and I can 'see' the shelf in my head where the chromed items are stored. Not only does he do beautiful work, but he is a very nice person to boot.

#30 9 years ago

Pintucky.....you lucky guy!!!!!! Getting chrome that nice is hard to do and man can he do it!!! Looks spectacular in the photos!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 37.50
4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 85.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 72.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-who-can-re-chrome-my-demo-man-gun-handles-for-me and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.