(Topic ID: 160126)

help whirlwind fan motor not working

By mario_1_up

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Just got a whirlwind in and the fan motor will not run. I'm waiting for a manual to come in the mail. Anyone have any suggestions or had this problem before?

#2 7 years ago

Mine didn't run at first.The original owners had clipped the fan wires so I just hooked them back up.

#3 7 years ago

I've heard of one instance where there were cold solder joints on the fuse for the fan. If you check out the following video at about 5:15, they talk about this specific problem:

I don't know if this is your problem, but I figured I'd share that.

#4 7 years ago

I would get the game to the point where the fan should be running, then check voltage at the fan. If you have voltage, the fan motor is bad.

Try to spin the fan blade. If something is bent it could be stopping it from turning.

#5 7 years ago

I looked at the triac everything looks good, did a fan test but no voltage at the fan.

#6 7 years ago

Fixed it. I took a second look while I was following the ac voltage and like you suggested crater the fuse holder had a cold solder. Fixed that then it blew a fuse. I pulled the fuse and seen it was fast blow replaced it with the right fuse and everything is up and running. Thanks everyone for the help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-whirlwind-fan-motor-not-working?hl=crater and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.