image (resized).jpg
IMG_1177 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).JPG
IMG_1173 (resized).JPG
IMG_3199 (resized).JPG
IMG_3200 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

Hi, my 1980 Williams Firepower has an "enemy" target with the after market bracket that mounts from the front instead of the back. The issue is that those holes are completely damaged and I don't necessitate the proper tools to fix the holes. Could anyone tell me of where I could find the original bracket?(mounts from the back) Anyone make them or have an old bracket off a Firepower I could have? The orignal bracket holes are perfect. Thanks!

#3 6 years ago

Is there a version that goes backwards instead of forwards? Thanks!

#4 6 years ago

Yes it will. You have to remove the little capacitor and put a diode in. It has screws holding the stack together so it can go from the front or rear. You have to put your meter on the contacts and make sure you wires it right. The original switch has 3 leads and the replacement has 2. Everything lines up perfect.

#5 6 years ago

The original targets on the right side all attach from the back and all the rest attach from the front. You might can see it here.

IMG_3200 (resized).JPGIMG_3200 (resized).JPG

IMG_3199 (resized).JPGIMG_3199 (resized).JPG

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

The original targets on the right side all attach from the back and all the rest attach from the front. You might can see it here.

Thanks! So could I just reuse the old diode if it functions fine?

#7 6 years ago

Travish just for future reference, where do the wires go on the new switch with two lugs?

#8 6 years ago

The other lug is really just to give the diode a secure mounting spot so it doesn't flex and break. You could actually drill the rivet on the original and put the 3rd "tab" on the new target. You will get it once you look at it.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

The other lug is really just to give the diode a secure mounting spot so it doesn't flex and break. You could actually drill the rivet on the original and put the 3rd "tab" on the new target. You will get it once you look at it.

Gotcha. Do you think I could just take the bracket from the new target and stick it on the original target already in there? Might be easier than desoldering and soldering everything.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-DOOD:

Gotcha. Do you think I could just take the bracket from the new target and stick it on the original target already in there? Might be easier than desoldering and soldering everything.

Yes.

LTG : )

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes.

Easy, thanks!

#12 6 years ago

So where do the wires go on the new Gottlieb switch? Only two lugs here

IMG_1173 (resized).JPGIMG_1173 (resized).JPG
IMG_1171 (resized).JPGIMG_1171 (resized).JPG

#13 6 years ago

Is it possible just to use the two lugs on the new target?

#14 6 years ago

I got rid of the capacitor on the new target to prepare haha

#16 6 years ago

Very helpful, thanks. Is it possible to let one side of the diode free without touching anything? Does it have to be supported? I don't currently have a new diode to stetch to the playfield

#17 6 years ago

Better yet, is there anyway I could disassemble the old stack and stick the new bracket on? The old switch isn't held together by two screws so I'm a little confused on how or if I can dissasemble it.

#18 6 years ago

Better yet, is there anyway I could disassemble the old stack and stick the new bracket on? The old switch isn't held together by two screws so I'm a little confused on how or if I can dissasemble it.

Either way. Yes it could just hang or drill the rivet and use the small small screws. If you disassemble the original stack take the one tab from the original and put it in the new switch stack. The new switch is better than the original.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

Either way. Yes it could just hang or drill the rivet and use the small small screws. If you disassemble the original stack take the one tab from the original and put it in the new switch stack. The new switch is better than the original.

I'll use the new one then! So just drilling through that rivet will dissemble the stack?

#20 6 years ago

Like drilling through the open side of the rivet?

#21 6 years ago

Drill bit slightly larger than the peened over side and then pry it apart. Don't drill the whole length of the rivet, just the "head" off.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

Drill bit slightly larger than the peened over side and then pry it apart. Don't drill the whole length of the rivet, just the "head" off.

This side?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#23 6 years ago

Sorry haha I'm new to target rebuilds

#24 6 years ago

No other side. Just take off the edge and it should come apart.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

No other side. Just take off the edge and it should come apart.

Gotcha, gotcha. I'll try it! Thanks!

#26 6 years ago

How's this looking?

IMG_1177 (resized).JPGIMG_1177 (resized).JPG

#27 6 years ago

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#28 6 years ago

How's this looking?

Good. now get the wires back in the right spots. White wires to black end of diode. Yellow jumper wire to middle lug.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Good. now get the wires back in the right spots. White wires to black end of diode. Yellow jumper wire to middle lug.

WOO, thanks guys

#30 6 years ago

It works! Thanks, dudes!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
Tools
Pincoder Store

1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Branford, CT
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-where-can-i-find-a-firepower-target-assemble and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.