• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20171015_201032 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Hi everyone,

I've got a Haunted House that has the typical ball drop wear on the lower playfield and upper playfield. I'm looking to finally do a quality repaint of those areas, and really could use some specific advice on those parts.

I've already leveled the divots in the wood, and have been putting together all of my needed colors for this work. I'll be doing a little airbrush, some refillable paint pen, and brush work to accomplish this. I have two main issues right now. One, I'm not a great paint matcher. I can get there if I have a base color to start with. I already have the background green, ghost white/blue and obviously black figured out on the lpf, using some color ideas I found on rec.games.pinball as starting points. I'm having a real problem for whatever reason on the bright orangish red lettering color, and the upper playfield railing dark blue/green. Anyone else match those colors and remember what you used?

The other question I have is about those background "pebbles" on the lpf. The lines on those are very thin, and even though I bought some really tiny brushes and have practiced, I can't consistently match that line weight. If you could just draw them on with a marker/pencil type of thing it would be easy, but painting them is very difficult. Any tips?

Thanks

20171015_201032 (resized).jpg20171015_201032 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-wgottlieb-haunted-house-playfield-workpaint-touchups and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.