Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by KenLayton
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I've got two EM's I picked up (my first of the kind) that were both non-operational - Pit Stop and Blue Chip. The Blue Chip is now working! Going to start tearing it apart for cleaning and restoration tomorrow.

Pit Stop is proving to be a bit more problematic and I'd appreciate any thoughts on the below.

1) There are three coils that are locked on when game is turned on: Lock Relay, Replay Relay, and Coin Relay.
2) G.O Relay, Reset Relay and Score Reset Relay are firing, but not locking on.
3) Reset Relay I believe is a bad coil. Metered below 2 ohms.

I am assuming that #3 is the reason the game will not reset. This seems to make sense based on the Williams start up sequence.

I'm going to order a new coil (duh), but I'm also wondering about the coin door switches.

Schematic shows 5, 10, and 25 cent switches. I only have a mech in the coin door for the 25 cent switch, which had a broken blade which I replaced from what I assume was the 10c switch. There are no mechs for either the 5c or 10c switches. My question is: Do these switches even need to be wired up for the game to reset, or only to accept and register coins/credits? Is there harm in not having any switches wired up in the coin door if I set the game to free play at the credit stepper?

#2 9 years ago

bump

5 months later
#3 8 years ago

All you need are credits posted on the credit unit so you can push the start button to start the game.

I just finished a repair/rebuild on a Pit Stop and had to file/adjust ALL of the score reel switches and all of the score motor switches to get the machine to start up properly. Afterwards, I found that I could only play a single player game. I found a bent switch blade on the "2nd Coin Relay" which was preventing a two player game from occuring.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-w-pit-stop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.