Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 7.09.57 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 8.06.34 AM (resized).png
IMG_4341 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider msarac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 3 years ago

Try turning the nozzle temp up 5-10 degrees for the first layers, then back it down for the rest of the print. That would be done in the slicer.

I sometimes have issues with adhesion where it was working fine before, so I'll pull the glass and clean it with hot soapy water to remove any oils or other contaminates. Then level the bed with the paper under the nozzle to get it close, followed by a bed leveling test print to really dial in the first layer. I've found that even with the glass bed there are areas that don't stick as well, even when the paper tells me it's all level.

If your print continues to fail when it's dead center on the buildplate try shifting it more towards a corner.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

but you have to kind of test out each brand to see what the best temp is

Definitely this. Even within the same brand you'll find variances in preferred temperature. I use Hatchbox and found that their yellow and white prints much better at lower temps than the darker colors, using the same gcode, profile, and printer.

I look forward to the day when these things are as easy to use as a microwave, but for now there's a lot of trial and error to make the magic happen!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider msarac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-w-ender-3d-printer-glass-bed-installation?tu=msarac and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.