Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SchematicSO.png
WilliamsReel.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drscottsmith.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 8 years ago

+1 on Cody's reply - I think the EOS switch on the reel releases the 100/1000 point relay (whichever one is trying to roll over), which triggers the chime coil, however. I say that because if that gets stuck, then no switch that scores that amount of points on the PF will work while the EOS switch on the score reel is closed.

Your player unit sounds suspect with the Player 2 issue. When you press the credit button to add more players, the credit unit should decrease and that little red number at the bottom of the backglass should advance through 1, 2, 3 and 4. Then a switch on that unit opens to keep you from being able to add another (5th) player.

So then the game starts, and the player unit takes over. It is what moves through player to player as you work through a game. It works in conjunction with the ball count unit. Player unit is in the backbox and the ball count is on the motor board.

I would check all of the operations on the player unit for starters. Try manually advancing and resetting the player stepper unit in the backbox. It needs to be very clean and snappy, as there are a lot of contacts on that wheel that can bog its operation down if they get dirty. The clock spring on that player unit also needs to be adjusted just right in terms of tension to get a good reset and proper advancing.

Does the ball count unit work as it should in a one player game (e.g. moves through all 3/5 balls and then 'Game Over')? Sounds like it is ok at this point.

-scott

#5 8 years ago

BC -

I just realized I said players 1-4 in that post above...Duh - that's Space Mission! Sorry about that.

-scott

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drscottsmith.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-w-de-bugging-space-odyssey-multiple-problems?tu=drscottsmith and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.