Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Ball 5 Match and Game Over (resized).jpg
BC - Repaired (resized).jpg
0Centigrade-37-Work-01 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
#1 3 years ago

Hello All
I am experiencing an issue with my C37 where the match function will illuminate on ball five, not after ball five. This error does not happen when the game is in a three ball config.

Had occasion to talk to Steve today at PBR and he suggested the ball count unit may be the issue. I folded it down and compared it to my Atlantis in a five ball config and the switches in the back side of the unit were identical on ball five. (All closed).

Hoping that someone else may have experienced this error and can provide some direction.

Thank you

G

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from GPS:

the match function will illuminate on ball five, not after ball five

What do the Game Over light and Ball In Play (1 to 5) lights do during game play and also when this happens?

#3 3 years ago

Game over light (in 5ball config) only comes on after the end of the fifth ball. Both of these things that you mentioned work correctly. They did not previously. The game over light also came on when the match would come on on the fifth ball but that has been rectified. Other than the match numbers appearing during the fifth ball, game works as it should.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from GPS:

Other than the match numbers appearing during the fifth ball,

I would take a real good look at this sw. on the BCU again. A visual is not always enough; you can check if it is really closed by blocking with a strip of paper and seeing if that changes anything.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG

#5 3 years ago

Thank you @curriedog. Will do and will report back. I assume this is one of the switches on the back side of the bcu correct?

#6 3 years ago

Hi
I support HowardR - his questions in post-2, show the relevant part of the schematics. Greetings Rolf

0Centigrade-37-Work-01 (resized).jpg0Centigrade-37-Work-01 (resized).jpg
#7 3 years ago

Thank you rolf_martin_062 I am fortunate to have the assist if another talented pinsider EddiePi who is helping on the issue. Will pass along to him too. Thank you kindly

#8 3 years ago

Hey All. I've been helping George hands on to get this dialed in. Rolf, @rolf_martin_062, I went though that entire circuit. Cleaned up R and adjusted it. Adjusted the TX to make it snappier. Along with many other items which are all now working. We don't know what the machine was doing and/or not doing when George received it.

There are a few items on the Ball Count unit that I question. 1. The "hairy wire" at the bottom of the ball count rotator was disconnected. I reconnected it. 2. By pulling the top pin on the rotator out off of the rivots, both the ball count and match light go out. 3. When ball 5 drains, it moves to position 6, the game over lights and the match light goes out. I attached pictures of the ball count unit and the backglass at ball 5 with ball 5, the match and game over lit. I fixed the game over light and it now lights at only position 6.

For fun, I'll pulled out the FS, cleaned it up and it steps properly.

2 and 3 above are puzzling.

BC - Repaired (resized).jpgBC - Repaired (resized).jpgBall 5 Match and Game Over (resized).jpgBall 5 Match and Game Over (resized).jpg
#9 3 years ago
Quoted from EddiePi:

2. By pulling the top pin on the rotator out off of the rivots, both the ball count and match light go out. 3. When ball 5 drains, it moves to position 6, the game over lights and the match light goes out.

Is the wire to match in the wrong spot, ie-5 instead of 6?

#10 3 years ago

Thank you EddiePi for all your help here. If it would be helpful to have any pictures posted just let me know what you need and I’ll post

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-w-c-37-match-unit?hl=currieddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.