Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Norcal
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

As pinball machines are marvels in their own right, they can be finicky little MF's...! My TZ has been flawless, I was playing it bout a week ago and everything was great, powered it down with my other games. Today I went to slay some pin and when I turned on the TZ during the boot sequence it would power down, power up, and continue to reboot. After about 4 or 5 cycles of it rebooting the game remain powered up and seemed good. I was like dang that was a close one, what wonder what that was? I proceeded to press start, launched the ball and it came out of the Slot machine hole and when I hit the flipper, the game powered down and began the reboot cycle again. WTH is going on here, how does this happen, and what can I do to trouble shoot. There is not any error codes. Checked my other games and they all seem to play fine.

#2 8 years ago

BTW... Thank you for any help guys..

Be Blessed,

Ray

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from Norcal:

BTW... Thank you for any help guys..
Be Blessed,
Ray

Hi Ray,

You may want to start here. WPC resets are very common and may be caused by a number of issues.

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Game_resets

I know it is a lot to digest and I am certain others will chime in so that you are able to isolate the problem.

Gord

#4 8 years ago

Hi Ray,
I had similar issues on my No Fear. I had tried the reset daughter card from www.kahr.us. It works for a lot of people, but not me. I ended up changing the bridge rectifiers and caps on the Power Driver board.

You are local to me. You can try my daughter card and see if it fixes your issue. If your board needs repair, I recommend sending it out if you are not comfortable with the repair. I did my own, and then had to pull all the Caps to repair the traces I pulled out

It works great now, but it was a learning experience.

Feel free to PM me your contact info and we can arrange a card pick up.

#5 8 years ago

zimjoe ..... your the man ..... I can meet up with you this weekend if that works!!! PM sent

#6 8 years ago

And Thank you too Gordon...

#7 8 years ago

If it's any consolation, my TZ is doing the EXACT same thing. Was playing fine except for a weak left flipper. I rebuilt the left flipper with power off at all times. Now it is just like the OP's TZ. The split second I touch a left or right flipper button it powers off. All the other solenoids fire in test mode, but if the left or right solenoid powers at all, it resets. I have the daughter card on my counter that I just ordered with fingers crossed.

#8 8 years ago

Keep me posted mank on how things go and what u did to troubleshoot/ remedy the issue! Thanks buddy

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.50
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

10,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.95
Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-twilight-zone-reboots-during-start-up-flipper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.