(Topic ID: 207670)

Help to identify component on a pcb micro?

By Wisker

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Wisker
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P_20180117_173746 (resized).jpg
    #1 6 years ago

Could someone with board repair experience tell me what the micro component is in the pic theres 2 and the third broke off when i was installing board, its not in a pin. Only marking on them is L6 or 97?

P_20180117_173746 (resized).jpgP_20180117_173746 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

Looks like a SOT-23 Transistor.
    My guess is something like this: http://www.s-manuals.com/pdf/datasheet/2/s/2sc1623_galaxy.pdf

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from Adams:

Looks like a SOT-23 Transistor.
    My guess is something like this: http://www.s-manuals.com/pdf/datasheet/2/s/2sc1623_galaxy.pdf

What would be a way to verify? Or check to see if it is the same?

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wisker:

What would be a way to verify? Or check to see if it is the same?

Do you have the manual for the pin? Hopefully the manual includes a schematic which will specify exactly what part that is.

It might also give an answer on the missing component on the right side of this pic, just above where the solder mask says "LED", next to that JST connector. Looks like a spot for 2 resistors but only 1 is populated. not sure if the other was also knocked off or if it was never populated in the first place.

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from Adams:

Do you have the manual for the pin? Hopefully the manual includes a schematic which will specify exactly what part that is.
    It might also give an answer on the missing component on the right side of this pic, just above where the solder mask says "LED", next to that JST connector. Looks like a spot for 2 resistors but only 1 is populated. not sure if the other was also knocked off or if it was never populated in the first place.

No manual its in a arcade, 600$ for a new board worked fine till i knocked off the l6 little chip moving the cabinet. L 6 isnt allot to go on, no manual its a 12k machine from china.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from Adams:

Nope just this one, i watched it as it fell off, just tapped corner of the board

#7 6 years ago

OK -- Guessing here...

Series resistor with slew rate capacitor to pin 1 and not a heavy trace so this is the control line.
    Heavy traces to pins 2 and 3 -- power traces.
    Based on the connections to the inductor, two other transistors and the capacitors -- I'm betting this is a small MOSFET transistor as a tap from an on-board switching power supply.

Possibly something like a Fairchild FDY300NZ? ... maybe.

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from G-P-E:

OK -- Guessing here...
    Series resistor with slew rate capacitor to pin 1 and not a heavy trace so this is the control line.
    Heavy traces to pins 2 and 3 -- power traces.
    Based on the connections to the inductor, two other transistors and the capacitors -- I'm betting this is a small MOSFET transistor as a tap from an on-board switching power supply.
    Possibly something like a Fairchild FDY300NZ? ... maybe.

What are my options for figuring it out? I tried testing the others but got readings from all three legs

#9 6 years ago

Did it break? Solder it back on? Zip ties and jumper wires for $600.

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wisker:

What are my options for figuring it out? I tried testing the others but got readings from all three legs

Only definitive answer would be to email the original manufacturer.

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

Did it break? Solder it back on? Zip ties and jumper wires for $600.

Yea it broke off where it connects to the chip no legs to solder to

#13 6 years ago

Thats what i found too, ordered one will have it tonight to try, fingers crossed

#14 6 years ago

Yes that was the right one, fot it insralled amd game is working

Thanks all for thew help, on to my next project

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-to-identify-component-on-a-pcb-micro?hl=adams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.