Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Joe_Blasi
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hello everyone. I'm the owner of a Pinball2000 system, I have a Revenge From Mars. The computer part is failing and I want to keep my machine running.
As I see, Nucore is not for sale now, so I managed to download a pinbox iso. But it cames with no rom files.
The software is asking me to download the roms or use a USB device, but the download is not working due page not existing. I can't find the ROMs over the internet and I don't know what I can do to make my machine work again.
Can someone send me the ROM files? Contacting me by Pinside Mail or by email to: [email protected]

Is the only way I can imagine to get my pinball work again. If someone can help, thank you very much.

#2 9 years ago

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/Williams/tech/pin2000/software.html

you can download the complete package from the above page link

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/Williams/tech/pin2000/software.html
you can download the complete package from the above page link

Those are just update files (patches). They do not contain the ROM images.

#4 9 years ago

So the PC is working but failing?

If so, try replacing the CPU fan and power supply first. It likely would be failing due to over heating or the power supply going out.

#5 9 years ago

Rob Anthony is the Pin2K master. At this point, I would try to get your original computer going. Borygard here on Pinside or [email protected].

Jaz

#6 9 years ago

Keep an eye out on ebay, too. I just bought a new motherboard and CPU for $50 plus shipping. Now my game is working.

If you still want to use pinbox, there are versions available with the roms already in there. I tried it to rule out problems outside of the computer, but I couldn't get it to auto start. The game played well once I started the program though.

Nucore claims that they are going to be releasing a new version, but I have no idea when that will be. They are very good at not giving any real information in forum posts, and don't respond to messages asking if they are going to release it again (at least they ignored me).

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from BillPinball:

o the PC is working but failing?

If so, try replacing the CPU fan and power supply first. It likely would be failing due to over heating or the power supply going out.

I replaced the power supply with a modern one. The problem is that the computer takes 10 to 15 minutes to start. Once started the gameplay its ok. If i turn it off, wait a few minutes and on again, it works ok. But if I turn it off, and wait more than 15 or 20 minutes, happens the same thing. The CPU fan is working fine, also tried changing the Lithium Battery.

Quoted from Nexyss:

If you still want to use pinbox, there are versions available with the roms already in there. I tried it to rule out problems outside of the computer, but I couldn't get it to auto start. The game played well once I started the program though.

I tried searching all torrent pages I know and there is no files. Can't find them. If I get them, I'll help you to autostart the game. Now I can't, because I can't run the program...

I can't figure out whats happening. At this point, those systems can fail anytime and we have no possible solution for them.

Thank you all for your answers!

#8 9 years ago

To me, that sounds like the electrolytic caps are going on your motherboard (not an uncommon problem with any PC motherboard).

Jaz

Quoted from maeseoki:

I replaced the power supply with a modern one. The problem is that the computer takes 10 to 15 minutes to start. Once started the gameplay its ok. If i turn it off, wait a few minutes and on again, it works ok. But if I turn it off, and wait more than 15 or 20 minutes, happens the same thing. The CPU fan is working fine, also tried changing the Lithium Battery.

I tried searching all torrent pages I know and there is no files. Can't find them. If I get them, I'll help you to autostart the game. Now I can't, because I can't run the program...
I can't figure out whats happening. At this point, those systems can fail anytime and we have no possible solution for them.
Thank you all for your answers!

#9 9 years ago

I agree with Jaz, if the fan works and you have a good power supply, and the PC works but only after a while/warm up, it is likely the caps.

Section 4.5
http://www.pinballsupernova.com/Williams%20Repair%20Guide/Pinball%202000%20Repair%20.pdf

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from BillPinball:

I agree with Jaz, if the fan works and you have a good power supply, and the PC works but only after a while/warm up, it is likely the caps.

Ok, first of all, thank you for the pdf. It's very useful. I tried what you said, so I changed all 5 "conflictive" caps, but still happening the same thing. 15 minutes wait for "warm up".
All other caps in motherboard looks just fine.

Any thoughts? Thank you

#11 9 years ago

Lets try this for testing purposes, take the PC out of the game. Open it up and take pictures of your connections so we have them for record.

Then take the prism board out of the PC.

Then plug a standard PC/LCD monitor into the RFM PC.

Turn the PC on and you should have a BIOS screen and a "DISK BOOT FAILURE" notice. Does the PC "warm up" when you have the prism card removed and plugged into a regular computer monitor?

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from maeseoki:

did you pull the battery and power and let it sit for some time? or just try bios reset?

On some pc systems I have seen odd stuff fixed by doing a full bios reset.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from BillPinball:

Turn the PC on and you should have a BIOS screen and a "DISK BOOT FAILURE" notice. Does the PC "warm up" when you have the prism card removed and plugged into a regular computer monitor?

Well, I did what you say and the PC still needs a few minutes to "warm up". So in cold start it takes about 10 minutes to start.

Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

d you pull the battery and power and let it sit for some time? or just try bios reset?

Yes, it was more than 24h without the battery. Also after removing the PRISM card and checked that the problem persists, I loaded BIOS Defaults. Still the same thing.

So this means the problem is not in the PRISM board. Pictures are coming. I'll also take pictures of the BIOS config. Can anyone tell me what options are needed? or it should work just fine with BIOS defaults?

Also tried with soundboard disconected. Same thing. Looks like a hardware issue for me. But caps are new, I can't figure out why it needs to "warm up" in order to start. CPU temp at start (when waited 10 minutes to access BIOS) is 17ºC. Room temp is about 15ºC.

#14 9 years ago

Well the really good news is that we are not talking the prism board! That would be really bad.

If you replaced the caps and the CPU Temp is not an issue, the only other items that could be at fault off the top of my head are:

1. The power supply (I know it was mentioned that you have a new one in there). How old is it and do you have a model number? ebay.com link: Athena Power AP AT30 AT 300W Replacement Power Supply PSU

2. CPU could be going? ebay.com link: CYRIX MEDIA GX 233MHZ CPU MMX ENHANCED GXm 233GP 2 9V PROCESSOR MICRO

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from BillPinball:

1. The power supply (I know it was mentioned that you have a new one in there). How old is it and do you have a model number?

It's an ATX 500w Power Supply, couple years old. But the problems started before changing it, with the original AT (in fact, i changed it because my first thought was the power supply). So is not the power supply.

Quoted from BillPinball:

2. CPU could be going?

Mmm, this is interesting but it's 45€ including shipping for Spain. There is any way for checking the CPU before buying one? I don't think its the CPU because when it starts, it works perfect, with no problems or slowdowns.

Using a comand ingame with the keyboard (can't remember the command right now) I saw some block problems on the RAM, but all checks of the memory were ok, and when I start the PC without PRISM board it checks the memory and says all OK.

#16 9 years ago

Ah yes, forgot about memory. You could sure try some new sticks to cross memory off the list? (new or different known working)

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from maeseoki:

It's an ATX 500w Power Supply, couple years old. But the problems started before changing it, with the original AT (in fact, i changed it because my first thought was the power supply). So is not the power supply.

Mmm, this is interesting but it's 45€ including shipping for Spain. There is any way for checking the CPU before buying one? I don't think its the CPU because when it starts, it works perfect, with no problems or slowdowns.
Using a comand ingame with the keyboard (can't remember the command right now) I saw some block problems on the RAM, but all checks of the memory were ok, and when I start the PC without PRISM board it checks the memory and says all OK.

How are you checking the ram?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 234.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Cento Creations

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-to-get-p2k-roms and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.