3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by MarkG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Hi All,

I'm pretty good at fixing SS and DMD pinballs, but EM's are still a bit of a mystery to me, however i'm determined to understand them!!

I bought a 1962 Gottlieb Tropic Isle. Replaced the mains wiring that was all completely perished, fired it up and adjusted a rollunder switch (relay was locking on) and pop bumper switch (also locking on) and it appeared to function OK. I say OK, meaning i triggered switches with my finger and it would score and fire pop bumpers, slingshots etc. Every time you hit the start button it would reset fine and all the score reels would zero every time, and it would release the ball from the trough.

Now not sure if this is related, or not, but the first time (after about 6-8 times of the above) i allowed the ball to drain, it then went into a continual state of hte motor turning and nothing else.

So now when i power it on, it just spins the motor. It also holds in the trough coil in (ie: to release balls) - i have cleaned the 3 stack switch at that coil and it appears to be adjusted correctly wiht no difference after cleaning.

Other details that may or may not be important - if i advance the socre reels, they (all 3 of them) always reset back to zero, so it appears to me that its missing a step/connection/switch state during the reset sequence after the score reels reset.

I don't have a schematic yet, but will hopefully be recieving one soon, but if anyone has one, feel free to share!

Thanks in advance

Rob

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-to-get-an-em-tropic-isle-running-please?tu=robm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.