Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Eskaybee
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210122_172512 (resized).jpg
    20210121_161911 (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

Help!... I have a modded HUO TMNT pro. Mirror blades, plastic protectors throughout, robot, turned van, ramp lighting, speaker lighting and more. Considering trading it for a deadpool premium with cash. Thoughts?

20210121_161911 (resized).jpg20210121_161911 (resized).jpg

#2 3 years ago

Keep TMNT and add DP pro. They complement each other well.

If that's not realistic then wanting to move TMNT might be telling you your answer.

#3 3 years ago

Do u think DP pro is not too much fall off from the premium?

#4 3 years ago

I feel like DP pro is a better compliment to stranger things . Having 2/3 games where the left orbit is a ramp would annoy me.

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from smokinhos:

Do u think DP pro is not too much fall off from the premium?

Haven't played the premium, but the pro is a freaking blast. If you've never played premium I don't think you'll miss out.

Quoted from nicoy3k:

I feel like DP pro is a better compliment to stranger things . Having 2/3 games where the left orbit is a ramp would annoy me.

Rented ST and had it alongside DP for a bit, and it was a good complement shots-wise. Energy/call outs were a bit lacking by comparison. Have TMNT Pre next to DP now and honestly can't get enough of TMNT. High energy, great shots, balance of difficulty and depth. Tons of fun and I may even like it better than DP (time will be the real judge there).

#6 3 years ago

We have a Sth premium and GOTG pro. Modded all of them. I plan to snag an AIQ premium in the future and recently played a premium DP and really enjoyed it. I like the TMNT but the STh is the go to know.. thought maybe DP would get more love than TMNT.
    20210122_172512 (resized).jpg20210122_172512 (resized).jpg

#7 3 years ago

Deadpool by a mile. At least that's my opinion and you know what they say about opinions.....

TMNT has some nice shots, but the scoring is freakin' terrible.

#8 3 years ago

I grew to dislike DP very quickly. Grab a AIQ premium instead. The shots on DP get boring besides the trick ricochet off the snickt target and the code is repetitive. AIQ premium has a ton of great shots and the subway is sweet plus the code is complex and getting better with each update.

#9 3 years ago

Both are fun games, if it were me I'd stick with tmnt. Scoring issues will probably get fixed in a later software fix.

#10 3 years ago

Close call, but I'd keep the TMNT. More variety, ways to play, smoother layout. DP is also fantastic though...can't go wrong with that trade if you are sick of your TMNT.

#11 3 years ago

deadpool by a thousand miles

#12 3 years ago

I have owned both. For me personally, this is such a no-brainer that it is comical! I would take DP 100 times out of 100, for sure!

#13 3 years ago

Keep TMNT. Deadpool gets old fast and the layout is pedestrian. TMNT is one of the best pros Stern has ever done, I like it more than the premium.

#14 3 years ago

Shameless plug. Have a brand new tmnt prem up for grabs , for a few hundred more than a pro. Never been played or set up

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from Phbooms:

I grew to dislike DP very quickly. Grab a AIQ premium instead. The shots on DP get boring besides the trick ricochet off the snickt target and the code is repetitive. AIQ premium has a ton of great shots and the subway is sweet plus the code is complex and getting better with each update.

I've had DP LE for a few months and now TMNT Pro for a few months. Deadpool was great at first, but then it was really play the first 3 modes (Mystique, Juggernaut, Sabertooth) over and over. Get to the new two modes sometimes. When you're done, play them again. It was draining. They did a good job with the theme integration but there are some code things that just roadblocks. Making a 2nd level mode doesn't make it interesting. Also as stated, really the katana ramp is the only "sweet" shot. SNIKT is ok but it's more random than skill.

I'm loving TMNT pro. It's hard as hell but when you're on, it's absolutely amazing. There's no pin in the world you have to hit combos so damn quickly on.

#16 3 years ago

Excellent. Thank u everyone. AIQ in the future for sure, I'll hang onto TMNT.

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from smokinhos:

Excellent. Thank u everyone. AIQ in the future for sure, I'll hang onto TMNT.

I guess I am late to the party by a few minutes, but I think this is the right decision.

DP is has a LOT going for it and no one can "go wrong" by owning it, but I agree that it does get a bit repetitive game-wise and for me is more compelling to play on location occasionally than to add to my own lineup. (The only zonk I have against this game is that the DP on-a-spring toy seems to be a significant weak point, given that it was some degree of messed-up in each of the four machines I have played.)

TMNT is about the most full-featured Pro Stern has ever made; in fact, IMO it's very close to being on par with the Premium versions of some other titles and is probably the best "value for the money" in the current Stern lineup. (I bet they don't make THAT mistake again!) Even better is the fact that it accomplishes this without resorting to any "exotic" (finicky) mechs or meaningless razzle-dazzle party tricks.

#18 3 years ago

Not really sure how anyone can say that TNMT is more packed than DP pro.

TNMT has a spinning disc and a third flipper

DP has a 3 drop bash toy and katana ball lock

They are both full featured

Where DP separates is the fact that it has the best theme integration of maybe any stern. The music/call outs are on a different level than TNMT...

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

Where DP separates is the fact that it has the best theme integration of maybe any stern.

All the Deadpool comics I have read depict Deadpool differently than in the game, so I‘m not sure about theme integration. Which version of Deadpool comics are you thinking about?

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from branlon8:

All the Deadpool comics I have read depict Deadpool differently than in the game, so I‘m not sure about theme integration. Which version of Deadpool comics are you thinking about?

Don’t be so literal. Comics don’t have sound so to be true to the comic would mean to have no voice acting or music. I’ve never read a Deadpool comic and I never will. Doesn’t change the fact that it is a masterful asset package and presentation from stern.

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

Don’t be so literal. Comics don’t have sound so to be true to the comic would mean to have no voice acting or music. I’ve never read a Deadpool comic and I never will. Doesn’t change the fact that it is a masterful asset package and presentation from stern.

Bummer, I was hoping you‘d point me in the direction of which issues Deadpool is eating Chimichangas or battling Sauron.

#22 3 years ago

I had DP premium for 2 years and loved it. It was my first pin and now ive own 9 in a 6 pin rotation. I had TMNT LE for about 4 months and while it is fun, I ended up getting so frustrated by the game. Deadpool is an easier game with very long ball times. So if that is the direction you want to go in then go for it. The call outs, art, music, etc are all awesome on deadpool. And the katana shot and combos are just great.

#23 3 years ago

I own DP and have played TMMT. No way am I getting rid of DP but my next favorite stern is TMMT. I like TMNT better than AIQ.

I get what people say about the 3 villains and 2 quests being repetitive, but the quests are very fun and there are other things you can concentrate on achieving. Disco multi ball, mech suit, ninjas, Chimichangas, etc.

I really like the layout. Every shot is pretty satisfying, except for the sometimes clunky right orbit on the pro.

1 month later
    #24 3 years ago
    Quoted from branlon8:

Bummer, I was hoping you‘d point me in the direction of which issues Deadpool is eating Chimichangas or battling Sauron.

The chimichanga thing started in Cable & Deadpool #13:
    "Deadpool started saying chimichanga in Cable & Deadpool because he liked the way it sounded.

Daniel Way took it too far by basically making it his catch phrase during his run and a bunch of fan art followed with Deadpool loving chimichangas, burritos, tacos, etc."

In fact I have a Deadpool shirt with him yelling Tacos! It's been in the zeitgeist long before the pin.

Sauron has always been a foe to the X-men, don't think he's actually met Deadpool in comics, that is until this year: https://www.cbr.com/deadpool-sauron-dinosaur-meme-king-in-black/

#25 3 years ago

I’ve had both, DP premium is better, I’d Love to get that one again

#26 3 years ago

Deadpool is a hard game to dial in, but once you do, man it’s pinball bliss. Every shot is unique and satisfying. Ninjapocalypse, Colosus, Katana, Disco Loops, Snikt, all the shots are amazing. The variety the game gives is above and beyond as well. Most other games’ modes are the same shots or shot patterns, not Deadpool - The modes have so many layers and dimensions they never get old.

Haven’t played TMNT, so won’t comment which one to get. But Deadpool...it’s pretty amazing.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-tmnt-or-deadpool?hl=hawks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.