• 3,354 posts
  • 448 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Atari_Daze
  • Topic is favorited by 167 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 247 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

cyber monday (resized).jpg
Breanna and her Science Project 2019 (resized).jpg
Sold Out Raffle (resized).jpg
Elvira Campaign Chatter (2) (resized).png
DD48BD2C-F872-4910-BB49-833743721322 (resized).jpeg
22D1A2A9-477F-4EAF-B1AA-35A9901AD521 (resized).jpeg
B1B7C062-E716-4B18-80B9-90DD970663DF (resized).jpeg
GIII.gif
20190921_184902 (resized).jpg
Star Wars Home Edition in Box (resized).jpg
33DAD5A0-F47F-445B-A471-018C6B682EA8 (resized).jpeg
Slap Save Pinball Charity Campaign 2019 (resized).jpg
Pinball Poject 7 (resized).JPG
Jurassic Park Black Background (resized).jpg
Mookie with P.P Hat (resized).jpg
First Look at Pinball Machine at Wolfson (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#59 5 years ago

Just curious, if I win do I need to report the cash value of the prize as income for tax purposes?

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

4 of us here bought tickets the day this was announced. We know the Project Pinball people first hand and they are a great group doing awesome things.
Buy tickets with confidence that you are really helping kids.

This is what I was also wondering just making sure this is not a Nigerian scam.

#83 5 years ago

Quick, do game should I select?

My choices are Met pro or TWD? I have IM, ST and AcDc and have no interest in Mustang.

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

If I win....TWD all the way.
Pete

Quoted from AloneMordakai:

Definitely hope to see some Pinsiders take some of these home!
Entered for TWD.

I entered for TWD and IM (I'd keep that for trade bait).

too bad Stern is not producing any all age games like PotC, I can just imagine with Metallica and AcDc all the curse words and TWD all the killing, not a very pleasant or child friendly pin.

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Well, Mustang, Star Trek, and Iron Man are pretty much all-age.

I agree with you, also this contest is very cool, I'm 'out of room' so my wife won't allow me to buy a new game, but if I won that's another thing.

2 tickets for round #2 (IM and TWD) I already own IM but it's such a cool game, I am not sold on TWD or Met.

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

10k per machine. that should make some good money. Great idea.
Should have had it
$20 per entry for the Pro list Max 400
$50 per entry for the premium list Max 200
i would be curious to see which ones would sell out.

You missed it, they are giving away 2 pins each time, one to the winner and one to a children's hospital.

#164 5 years ago

Is this going to be an annual thing?

#172 5 years ago
Quoted from Mole:

We wanted these drawings to be super transparent and clear as possible, meaning there are a lot of people that are invested in this sweepstakes and have been introduced to the charity at the same time. We wanted to show a public offering for the drawing so everyone would feel a part of this. That everyone would feel that we were being completely honest in the manner that a winner was going to be chosen. We wanted to build and earn the trust of the community which is super important for any charity. The Pinball Expo was our best choice for this to be public offering with the audience and viewers on PAPAtv.
We will discuss this as a charity and we will update afterwards.

It'd be *nice* if you did this for MMR even at $90 a chance.

My point, some people really can't afford or don't want to pay $8000 for one, but really want one. And I think it'd garb more people to take a chance.

My problem (small problem I admit) is that I own acdc, IM and ST. Have zero interest in Mustang and have very slight interest in TWD or Met.

#210 5 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Excellent work guys. I am on on the LE drawing now as well. I only missed the 1st.

Good job.

#214 5 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

I'm in on all three Pro drawings.
Are we locked into the machine we picked when we donated? Until I play TWD I'm not sure I want to pick it.
Meaning if we are fortunate enough to win, can we change our game selection prior to the award shipping?

I asked this question on the QA section on the order site, got the email saying we are not locked into the pin we ordered but could pick another pro (that is in production).

#220 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Good morning. The third drawing is up to 77% and the LE drawing is 62%!

I am trying to decide if I should pick one chance TWD LE or enter another 1-2 chances on the pro?

#223 5 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Interesting. I am in for Metallica in raffle 2 and I entered again in again in raffle 3 for Star Trek for my wife. So now I can win 2 different pins. But maybe if I win raffle 3 and I switch it to a Metallica and tell my wife she didn't win.. ha.

Quoted from NextoPin:

That's pretty mean and shady.. I like the cut of your jib, sir.
Please post pics of the smashed Metallica when/if you win and she finds out

I'm sure our wives don't read anything we say on Pinside, thankfully.

#230 5 years ago

here is the reply I received when I asked if I had to stick with the pin I picked on entry.

"Phil,

You will have plenty of time to decide which pinball machine you would like when you win. We are just asking for the information now so we can help Stern with the information of what to expect do to their supply and demand and you can change your mind between now and then.

Thank you for your support and good luck.

Daniel Spolar

Senior Director

Project Pinball Charity"

#231 5 years ago

notice, he said 'when I win'

#244 5 years ago
Quoted from NextoPin:

The way I read it, he was talking about me!
Man it would be sweet to win a NIB, my newest pin is 25 years old and my oldest is 42 years old. I wonder if Stern would let the winner pay the difference for a premium, I really want that hammer in Metallica!

Worth a shot to ask.

I was thinking this would be a great way to get non-pinball people into the hobby as they don't want to spend $5000 but for $50 it's an easy way to get in.

I am going to tell my father in law he's always up for a gamble, plus he likes pinball. I'll tell him to get IM VE

#252 5 years ago

Daniel, can you talk about how you set up the pins, meaning do you have to train someone how to open the machine if a ball gets stuck or how you handle any breakage?

Is it difficult to get approval for the pins? I work at a hospital and know first hand how much red tape they can come up with.

You should get some candid pics or video of the kids playing these once they are on site.

Are you limited to one city or state for the children's hospitals?

#256 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'd still like to know which distributor donated the LE for the cause. Really nice of them to do so.

not sure you are reading it right, the dealer did NOT donate the pin. He is selling the pin to the charity (not donating it) if it was donated this sweepstakes could cover 3 pro pins to the cause instead of one

Quoted from Mole:

We received some awesome news! A Limited Edition- The Walking Dead Pinball Machine
We had a generous dealer, whom wishes to be kept anonymous, offered Project Pinball Charity a Stern Limited Edition- The Walking Dead Pinball Machine to use for additional sweepstakes to help our charity cause. They approached Project Pinball Charity because they love our mission statement and wanted to help in this way.

*This donation will allow us to cover the costs of the LE model pinball machine and allow us to place another PRO model pinball machine in another Children's Hospital.

*when he says 'this donation' he means my donation or your donation, not the donation from the dealer.

When he says, 'cover the cost of the LE' that means he is buying the LE to give away with part of the collections.

Still it's nice to have an LE for the sweepstakes prize.

#262 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

One more thing; I believe showing pictures or video from a hospital is very difficult based on patient confidentiality or something.

Didn't think about that.

#270 5 years ago

It's addicting as hell, I've taken 4 chances so far!!

I see the pace is slowing down as we are probably running out of money, but great cause I encourage other people who aren't necessarily into spending $5000 on a game, but I warn them with income taxes it's still going to cost them $1500 more or less. I just don't want them to be surprised at the end if they do win.

#274 5 years ago

I know I probably won't win, but we are all winners for helping out this charity.

#304 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

57% full on number 4. Come on gang, let's reach number 5 this weekend!

Just played TWD at York, it's very nice. Not sure I'd take TWD or Met pro if I win. Both look very good, I think TWD is somewhat unconventional I the shot layout which is good. It certainly is not your standard safe layout we've seen from Stern lately (outside of Mustang which is also different).

#306 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

So, in your view TWD plays more like Iron Man from a ball time perspective or you just think the layout is more unusual?

I can't really say about ball times, as I was not really sure what was doing and the bright lights directly overhead actually messed up my view at the flippers, so I lost more balls that would not usually. It was not a drainer like IM (I don't think).

I loved the look and color of the playfield, the lighting effects and the toys and especially the DMD display was more high quality than IM (but this was Cointaker's game so it was tricked out with back box lighting) and mirror blades. IMO this was a very well done effort from Stern. However, I was not a fan of the two bash toys (barn and walker). I think Barn is OK but the well walker (while nicely done and great motion when you hit it, I think would get annoying after a while).

I only got a few games on it, so I can't say with clarity if I like it or not. I was left with a void, meaning I wanted to play it more but not knowing if it was really good or not. there was an incredible line of people so I didn't want to wait 20-30 minutes to play one game.

I can say it's not anything like IM. I see IM as long shots (long loops, and long shots to the ramps). IMO the shots on TWD are not as long, the ramps (appear closer to the flipper and harder to make) plus both ramps appear to be way longer as they loop all the way across the back, that imo the ramps are more of a waiting thing instead of a speedy thing like on IM.

I view the shots on IM to be all on the top half of the PF while TWD seems to have more things closer to the flippers with more 'stuff' up top as well so it has less clean open space. It is very interesting design particularly the ball entry from the shooter lane. I'm just not sure if I love it or not but it is certainly a great looking game.

#317 5 years ago

crap, I was going to get in on #4 but missed, hope #5 fills.

I have:
2 on #2
1 on #5 (may add another one later).

#318 5 years ago

I don't know how the statistics works, but it seems to me that it's better to have 4 entries in 4 different drawings (since you could in theory win 4 games) with 4 entries in 2 drawings you have the same odds of winning but max of 2 games.

#338 5 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Lets take your dice example.
Pick 3 of the 6 numbers, 1 roll. Odds of winning: 50%
Pick 1 number each of 3 rolls. Odds of winning 41%

how do you come up with just 41% chance?

Also let's say your dice scenario you had to pay $1 per number ($3 dollars) for a chance to win $3 (this is a 50:50 charity) so you have 50% chance to win $3

The second dice scenario you pay $3 (for three chances) but you can win up to $9 so while your chance to win anything may be less you have a chance to win more.

#426 5 years ago
Quoted from Aladdin:

How we doing on #5?
Can we fill that up and move on to #6!!!!!!! as Bob the Builder would say, "YES WE CAN!!!!"
We need to talk about something new and shiny and #6 would be new and shiny

We are at 45% and it's been a week to 10 days since #5 started, I think we are running out of steam.

Btw you can check the progress by clicking on the first link and at the bottom there is a progress bar.

#434 5 years ago

I just signed up for a second on #5

#441 5 years ago

I have a feeling Metallica (or TWD) is on it's way to MD in the near future.

#458 5 years ago

sttng.jpg

#465 5 years ago

seriously?

#484 5 years ago

image-969.jpg

1 week later
#501 5 years ago

Well done

3 months later
#957 4 years ago

If I win, my wife can't really complain about me buying another pin.

#965 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Still wish they would put some money/effort in redesigning their website.

Agree. It's a big enough venture that the web site could be more clear about what and how things are working.

6 months later
#1339 4 years ago

What version of the Hobbit if I win?

If it's a standard will there be an option to upgrade to a higher model?

2 months later
#1382 4 years ago

I was going to buy one for premium, but TWD is not included?

Bought one for The Hobbit.

#1383 4 years ago
Quoted from Fliptastic:

Those stickers look awesome!

I bought one a few months ago as well but never got a sticker.

#1385 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I can't get the Stern Premium entry to work when I hit "Pay Now" anyone else having that problem? Other ones seem to work fine.

Same here.

Went with TH anyway seems like a better value as premiums are $6700 and I don't know what TH is but likely closer to $8k

3 months later
#1642 3 years ago

Just got one for premium.

#1654 3 years ago

I bought one for both pro and premium

7 months later
#1904 3 years ago

I'm in for BM66

2 years later
#3147 4 months ago

3 tickets purchased

#3151 3 months ago

I’m in on premium but just realized it’s for BK Premium. Is that the only pin or could we change it to DP or JP if won?

#3153 3 months ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

You can pick any premium that's in production.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

#3155 3 months ago
Quoted from Project_Pinball:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/83749?fbclid=IwAR3sa0QVfKWyiHWRftNNrlpykb6ti8pBbEZWK-NcfsXxekc992Or3gkLLSY
The Slap Save Pinball Podcast just started a very special fundraiser for The Project Pinball Charity over the next few weeks!
Here is how it works:
Our great supporter Jason Fowler is selling a wonderful collectors quality/near collectors quality Gorgar pinball machine and all funds raised from the sale will be going directly to Project Pinball to help fund placing a new child-friendly pinball machine in their local children’s hospital, SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital!
Check out more amazing details about this awesome fundraiser using the link below!
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/next-week-in-pinball-2/?fbclid=IwAR2X6bgXTuSxveAJrciy62h7AdO0Ok0LGW2VahYdyz4LPOHZ-toWGbY6Nl8
HUGE thank you to TWIP - This Week In Pinball and Slap Save Pinball for their awesome work and fundraising efforts for this very deserving children's hospital!
#projectpinball #forthekids #supportprojectpinball #TWIP #slapsavepinballpodcast #fundraiser #therapeuticpinball Gorgar

That pin looks great.

1 month later
#3252 66 days ago

just bought another 2 tickets one pro one premium. Even if I don't win, I feel like a win is helping a great cause.

#3255 65 days ago

Says 19-105 maybe I got the last one?

3 weeks later
#3305 41 days ago
Quoted from tilted81:

These are getting close. Just about last call on le and premium draws!

I have 2 tickets on the premium.

#3308 40 days ago

ONLY 23 entries are left to our Elvira's House of Horrors Limited Edition Pinball Machine Raffle!
Let's get this sold out so we can hold our Live Drawing this Sunday! We cannot wait to see who will be walking away with this PHENOMENAL pinball machine!
https://projectpinball.rallyup.com/elvira-limitededition-pinballmachineraffle
88% Sold! Limited to 200 entries! $85 an entry!
#projectpinball #forthekids #supportprojectpinball #therapeuticpinball

Should do a MM royal edition raffle.

1 week later
#3334 28 days ago

Due to unforeseen circumstances the Jurassic Park Premium Pinball Machine Raffle is postponed until tomorrow night at 8 PM EST! Thank you all so much for supporting and for your patience! Tomorrow night one lucky winner will be walking away an owner of a brand-new Stern Premium pinball machine!

Thanks for the heads up.

#3338 26 days ago

congrats David Johnson.

1 week later
#3342 19 days ago

If you could do one with MM remake Royal. I’d be in for a couple tickets. Not sure if this is only Stern products?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside