IMG_3740 (resized).jpeg
Hopkins 25 May (resized).jpg
76F39BFA-7D9A-47D6-98C5-A110EB410D18 (resized).jpeg
EBC1EEC9-905F-41AB-85D7-22DE134E516C (resized).png
7B177453-2DCE-479D-9C8A-96B885FA37B1 (resized).png
32AE8250-BFC5-433C-8330-5E4FCB8B9D0E (resized).jpeg
E990DD7D-FAFA-4341-A3ED-99134FAA68A7 (resized).jpeg
A1575986-AD78-4B59-952F-F3FC85B8D25A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballlew.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1561 8 years ago

At this time, we are unable to process your request. Please return to Project Pinball Charity Group and try another option.

Tried to purchase but received this message..anyone else?

#1564 8 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

I saw the same error from the sweepstakes link above, but if you click the "hobbit & wizard of oz pinball machine stickers" (top header of the website) it led me to a successful page to check out. Bought another ticket myself for JJP!

Thanks purchased mine

4 weeks later
#1628 8 years ago

im in

#1633 8 years ago

lol I am sure he meant 281 left

2 weeks later
#1673 8 years ago

Reply sent through PM instead

1 week later
#1682 8 years ago

In for two Pro and one Premium entry! Can I encourage you for another Hobbit/Woz raffle? I am waiting to purchase another ticket

#1688 8 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

Come on guys, enter the premium contest.. I have 3 entries in that one and I got some Ghosts to bust!

I appreciate your three donations towards my new pin. Can't wait for my name to be drawn

#1701 8 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Why are the tickets going so slow? The last few raffles I was in went relatively fast.

Not everyone can afford to be in every raffle I would say so the earlier ones usually sale faster.

#1706 8 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

When was the last time a pin was won here?? By who???

Here is a list of winners from their website...not sure if they are on Pinside or not. I know at least one is on Pinside as a couple pages back on this thread he said he won.

Past Sweepstakes Winner’s List
Congratulations to our Winners!

Ghosterbusters- Premium Edition #1 Sweepstakes Winner:

Ronald Hallett

WOZ/ Hobbit #3 Sweepstakes Winner:

Pam Albert

Pro Model Sweepstakes Winner:

George Sinchuk

Game of Thrones- Limited Edition Sweepstakes Winner:

Name: Joseph Oravec

KISS PREMIUM Sweepstakes Winner:

Name: Jason Clark

WOZ/ Hobbit #2 Sweepstakes Winner:

Name: Jeph Stahl

KISSPRO#1 Sweepstakes Winner:

Name: David Constancio

WOZ/ Hobbit Sweepstakes #1 Winner:

Name: Daniel Sade

Sweepstakes #8:

Name: Ron Williams

Sweepstakes #7:

Name: Jimmy Leingang

Sweepstakes #6:

Name: Jarred Lauder

Sweepstakes #5:

Name: P. OGrady

The Walking Dead LE:

Jason Werdrick

Sweepstakes #4:

Name: Shivonna Randazzo

Sweepstakes #3:

Name: Bryan Emmett

Sweepstakes #2:

Name: Robert Toughill

Sweepstakes #1:

Name: Jonathan Stromme

ALL WINNERS have be notified and have received their prizes.

#1709 8 years ago

The total sales seems off on the site...just letting you know maybe they didn't transfer or the site isnt updated on the transferred tickets?

1 week later
#1729 7 years ago

Those fees sound way expensive...hope this isn't the case otherwise I say go back to Paypal are they not 3%?

1 month later
#1791 7 years ago

I do like that all the papers are the same size but I wish they picked from something different then a square box. I like the idea of them being shuffled like how the "other guy" does it. All in all I am just glad that they do this charity for the children to benefit though and knowing my contributions helps a little towards brightening their days.

1 month later
#1853 7 years ago
Quoted from Project_Pinball:

Greetings everyone. We have had someone back out of the Summer Pro Sweepstakes, leaving 9 entries left! Now is the time to get in to win a BRAND NEW Ghostbusters or Game of Thrones! Enter now!
https://go.rallyup.com/projectpinball-summerpro/Updates

tried to enter but wont allow over 100% it looks like unless they sold out already.

1 week later
#1860 7 years ago
Quoted from Mole:

The Pro Summer Sweepstakes drawing will be announced Friday September 2nd at 8:00 pm est. A video will be posted here at that time.
We are always trying to improve our sweepstakes process for the most reliable and straight forward process. We have improvements so we are going to be hosting the Pro Summer Sweepstakes a little differently this time! We made changes to the ticket drawing process. The names of all of our 200 entries are aligned with a corresponding number on a list. Our raffle box will have cards that are numbered 1-200. A number card will be pulled out and we will reference the names list to find our winner.
Donors that have an entry or entries can email us at [email protected] for verification of your number(s).
Thank you all for your help to make this another huge success for our charity and the children and the hospital we reach out to!

Seems like if you have to add a step to determine the winner that this would make the process not as straight forward as it was when simply just seeing the name being pulled from the drawing box.

#1862 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

I prefer regular identically sized and shaped drawing bits vs. the paper way I've seen before. This seems like a step in the right direction to me.

I think they are still using paper just numbered from 1-200 that will correspond to a list of 200 names, maybe I am mistaken and misread it. If they are using something different then yes it might be better, The old way still had identically sized and shaped pieces of paper.

#1867 7 years ago

I in no way meant to imply that anything with this charity is not on the up and up including this new policy. I believe it to be a transparent charity and support them 100% I was simply pointing out that from a supporter I do not see how this new policy of adding a extra step makes it any more straight forward then the previous method.

#1872 7 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

For those who didn't watch the video, numbered chips will be used for the drawings going forward... no doubt it's a better solution than paper or cards. Dan does a good job answering many of the questions in his videos, so if you have doubts take some time to watch them. Congrats to Scott!

They are numberd cards made out of paper just like they were before but they used to have our names on them.

#1874 7 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Yes... and the chips will be ready for the next drawing.

ah didn't catch that

1 week later
#1878 7 years ago

Retail price of a Batman Premium is $8,599 - Or you could get it for $75 in our newest raffle.
Enter today! https://go.rallyup.com/batman-66premium

$8,599 crazy...with profit like this Stern should donate a machine to all the hospitals on their own dime.

#1880 7 years ago

These tickets are priced good and I will buy at least one as I have bought every draw since I discovered this charity. My comment was directed at the MSRP...this game might be special but I don't think Stern should stick it to the people that helped them get to a 30 year anniversary.

2 weeks later
#1884 7 years ago

We're at 45% sold! The faster this sells the more pinball we can bring to children in need!
https://go.rallyup.com/batman-66premium
Also, if you missed out on getting a ticket for the Stern 30th Anniversary party - Project Pinball is auctioning off two tickets! All proceeds will go back to the charity and right now we are only at 20$ for two tickets (90$ value)!
ebay.com link »

The auction says Local pick up only..probably get more bids if you include shipping or wording in description if they are able to pick up at the event

#1885 7 years ago

I am in bump! 90% sold.

3 weeks later
#1902 7 years ago

Here are direct links to both of Project Pinballs current raffles:

https://go.rallyup.com/projectpinball-fallpro

https://go.rallyup.com/projectpinball-batman66

#1905 7 years ago

Just a heads up I can't find any link to the fall pro sweeps on your website www.Projectpinball.com

#1908 7 years ago

oops yeah well I meant http://projectpinball.org No link to fall pro sweeps there either

3 weeks later
#1917 7 years ago

Excitement is in the air for us over at Project Pinball Charity!! Soon we will be hitting the road and going on our 2016 Northeastern Tour. We will be stopping at five different children’s hospitals, in five different states and dedicating a pinball machine to each!
Our first stop is Neptune, New Jersey, where we'll be running with raptors and other dinosaurs of Jurassic Park. Dorothy and the munchkins of Oz will have a new home at the second stop of the tour in Stony Brook, New York. In New Haven, Connecticut The USS Enterprise will be headed to Beam Us Up, Scotty! Afterward we head a bit west to Columbus, Ohio to dedicate a new VPCabs virtual LCD screened pinball machine. Lastly we’ll cruise over in the Batmobile and drop off the Dark Knight in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
From the bottom of our hearts we’d like to say that we truly appreciate every single person who was involved in any way of making this amazing tour take place. We couldn’t have been able to make it all happen without your love, generosity and support. We hope all the machines that are being placed in their new homes during this tour make the lives of numerous children across our nation happier.
We hope you join us on this exhilarating journey by staying updated with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter! If you see us on the road be sure to hashtag! And please share this post to raise awareness and support! #NETOUR2016

Very cool!

2 weeks later
#1932 7 years ago

Here are direct links to both of Project Pinballs current raffles bump:

The fall pro raffle seems to have been forgotten:
https://go.rallyup.com/projectpinball-fallpro

And of course the BM66:
https://go.rallyup.com/projectpinball-batman66

#1935 7 years ago

Bought 2 tickets of each raffle bump

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
2 weeks later
#1942 7 years ago

figured what the heck I will buy one more ticket earlier and glad I did as this sold out!

1 month later
#1980 7 years ago

Bought my tickets for the premium drawing bump

2 months later
#2049 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

My heart goes out to you.

+1

1 week later
#2060 6 years ago

Woo hoo off to PAGG and I have the opportunity to possibly come home to a soon to be delivered brand new game!

#2064 6 years ago

Here's the direct links for the lazy (like me):

Aerosmith & Batman 66 Premium Sweepstakes:
https://projectpinball.rallyup.com/projectpinball-aerosmithbatman66

Pro:
https://projectpinball.rallyup.com/pro2017-sweepstakes

#2068 6 years ago

1 more ticket for me, bump! 97% sold now! Hurry if you want in.

#2073 6 years ago

About a year ago it oversold but allowed me to purchase the tickets. They rolled my extra entries into the next drawing.

1 week later
#2111 6 years ago

I haven't seen anything in my email yet.

#2129 6 years ago

I would expect it would be live tomorrow?

#2140 6 years ago

Yeah, I think what happened was worded way wrong. Calling this a computer glitch sure makes it sound like it is not a valid random draw by the computer. A glitch is inherently associated with a mistake. "The program picked the winner unknown to us" ?????? I thought we still told the computers what we want them to do for us. I don't know what the right solution to this is but it seems I would prefer the "live transparent drawing like we do" and honor all the people who entered And thought that it would be drawn live.

#2142 6 years ago
Quoted from gecko157:

How does a computer glitch pick a winner on what was supposed to be a live physical drawing from a box?

If you go on rally up, you can set up the draw to be done by their computer. I am just guessing but I think that they must have accidentally checked or forgot to check the box to disable it. Just a guess.

IMG_0714 (resized).PNGIMG_0714 (resized).PNG

#2151 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeWellSpent:

I hate to say it, but this was my first and will likely be my last donation. I was looking forward to a live drawing. To be told a winner was picked already sure doesn't leave me warm and fuzzy...

I don't think any of us feel warm and fuzzy about how this draw went.

I have been a supporter for quite awhile and this is the second draw I believe that was not live. There have been several changes to how they go about the drawing, I just wish they would go back to the old way of drawing names out of the box live. This was the most transparent way of going about it. That is why I like how Joe from Pinballedu shows the names going in the box live and drawing the name live in the same live stream. This is how it should be done here as well. Didn't like the change of putting numbered papers in the box and having to before the draw email to figure out what number you are. They would not send a complete list of all the names associated with the numbers when I asked previously for some security reason. This draw I received a email showing everyone's email address?

I love what this Charity has done though and I am a big proponent of kids in general.

#2159 6 years ago
Quoted from Mole:

As I stated earlier, this option was not changed or selected by Project Pinball Charity. It was algorithm glitch that overrode our original intentions as stated by Rally-up themselves.
"Hi Daniel,
Attached is the certification that our random number generation software is certified to be truly random, and involves no human intervention whatsoever. Our process is certified to comply with legal requirements that a neutral third party be used to conduct the drawing.
We're researching the issue with the drawing method being changed from a manual external drawing to use our certified random process, and will provide further details on that when we have more information.
Thanks,
Heather
Rallyup.com"
Thank you for everyone patience and support.
Daniel Spolar
Senior Director/ Founder
Project Pinball Charity
239-287-5497

Why honor Rally ups algorithm glitch? If project pinball didn't select to have the drawing this way, Why not just ignore it and do the drawing live?

#2171 6 years ago
Quoted from Mole:

Because a winner's name was automatically picked and notified by email before Project Pinball Charity knew there was a problem with the system. It would not be fair to the person selected to be notified already and then told it was a mistake. It was the right and only thing to do.
We required Rallyup to validate that their system used a random generate with 3rd party testing to make sure there was not a bias selection process being used. The Rallyup random generator does not allow for human interference, as the noted by validation letter shows.

I didn't realize the winner was automatically notified. That is a tough decision then. I think rally up should purchase another machine to be placed into a hospital for their mistake.

#2175 6 years ago
Quoted from Britt-in-VA:

Yeah, I really don't understand what the fuss is all about. In fact, I think it's pretty lame considering the amount of good this charity does.

I think the fuss was about the situation wasn't clearly presented. Daniel cleared it up for me though and I respect and agree with the decision that they/he made. Nothing wrong with asking for clarity especially when an unusual situation like this arises.

#2187 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Maybe we can accelerate the next drawing. Star Wars anyone?

Quoted from Jinroh:

Well, I've got my fingers cross for this weekend's raffle, but a Star Wars drawing would be a fantastic idea. That would rake in quite a pretty penny for the for the kids.

You guys are good!

#2203 6 years ago

Bought mine bump. I am in both drawings.

#2208 6 years ago
Quoted from Tlamb:

OMG! I won! This is the first time I have ever won something like this in my life!!

Congratulations!

#2209 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Congrats!!!
I apparently decided to save up my luck for star wars lol

Same here!

#2214 6 years ago

I just want to publicly apologize to Daniel, I am not real happy with some of the comments and questions I posed earlier and wish I could delete them. I personally love this charity and how it is ran. Who am I to "Monday night quarterback" a charity I love. It is not like I have the talent to do what Daniel does and gives to help children and their families in need. I think Daniel and everyone associated with Project Pinball does an excellent job and I can't imagine the countless hours he spends operating such a great charity. I forgot for a bit what this drawing is all about and let my Ego get the best of me and posted before thinking. For that I wish to apologize, Sorry.

1 month later
#2290 6 years ago

Bought tickets for all of these bump!

1 week later
#2319 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Than im ready to win!
Count sold still says 196, not sure whats up?

Sometimes they sale tickets offline at events I believe so that could be the 4 tickets not accounted for on Rally Up...just a guess.

3 months later
#2432 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Please give my win to fellow cat avatar Pinsider ZeldaOoT. He/she seemed to want one and I am in a pay-it-forward kind of mood. Thanks

Your awesome!

1 month later
#2442 6 years ago

I bought the last ticket, glad I made it!

#2444 6 years ago
Quoted from SilveredBalls:

What a great contest. Wish I had known.

Still entries available for the premium and TNA raffles...another pro raffle will be live shortly.

3 months later
#2538 6 years ago

I was curious how many Pinballs have been placed in Children’s hospitals and was going to ask but I found this on their website. Great Charity doing wonders and putting smiles exponentially on families faces. Just wanted to share the picture.

D7DBC753-BEB4-4220-9AB5-512B4AB4BE0E (resized).pngD7DBC753-BEB4-4220-9AB5-512B4AB4BE0E (resized).png

1 month later
#2563 5 years ago

Been over a week since the thread has been bumped....

So I am wearing my Project Pinball shirt today and my youngest asks about it. So I explain what it is all about and she thought it was really cool as did my oldest. My oldest did say they should put a video arcade machine too. Made me think that would be pretty cool also to have a multicade cabinet as well with some of the classics like Donkey Kong, Mrs. Pacman, Frogger, Galaga, as well as all the others. Don’t know if this has ever been considered or if it is sac religious to some but thought I would mention it anyways.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,495 (Firm)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballlew.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-the-children-and-win-a-new-stern?tu=Pinballlew and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.