IMG_3740 (resized).jpeg
Hopkins 25 May (resized).jpg
76F39BFA-7D9A-47D6-98C5-A110EB410D18 (resized).jpeg
EBC1EEC9-905F-41AB-85D7-22DE134E516C (resized).png
7B177453-2DCE-479D-9C8A-96B885FA37B1 (resized).png
32AE8250-BFC5-433C-8330-5E4FCB8B9D0E (resized).jpeg
E990DD7D-FAFA-4341-A3ED-99134FAA68A7 (resized).jpeg
A1575986-AD78-4B59-952F-F3FC85B8D25A (resized).jpeg
There are 4,787 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 96.
#251 9 years ago

TWD final copy.pngTWD final copy.pngThe LE- Walking Dead Sweepstakes is sold-out at this time! Thank you all for your tremendous support!

The pinsiders are the best! This has been an exciting post to watch develop. Thank you for all the kind words and generous giving. This will give another chance to help another Children’s hospital!

We will be posting the LE drawing information shortly.

We have ONLY 1 more donation entry for Sweepstakes #3, before we start #4.

You can get more information about our 501(c)3 charity on our site located at ProjectPinball.org or you can find us on Facebook at Project Pinball-Saving the Pinball Machine at the Children’s Hospital of SWFL. Come “Like” our Facebook page to show the children your support.

Daniel Spolar
// Error: Image 297811 not found //

#252 9 years ago

Daniel, can you talk about how you set up the pins, meaning do you have to train someone how to open the machine if a ball gets stuck or how you handle any breakage?

Is it difficult to get approval for the pins? I work at a hospital and know first hand how much red tape they can come up with.

You should get some candid pics or video of the kids playing these once they are on site.

Are you limited to one city or state for the children's hospitals?

#253 9 years ago

I was kind of wondering about the maintenance and such as well, lol.

#254 9 years ago

pinball machines have maintenance? idk mine are just broke all the time....makes it easy

#255 9 years ago

I'd still like to know which distributor donated the LE for the cause. Really nice of them to do so.

#256 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'd still like to know which distributor donated the LE for the cause. Really nice of them to do so.

not sure you are reading it right, the dealer did NOT donate the pin. He is selling the pin to the charity (not donating it) if it was donated this sweepstakes could cover 3 pro pins to the cause instead of one

Quoted from Mole:

We received some awesome news! A Limited Edition- The Walking Dead Pinball Machine
We had a generous dealer, whom wishes to be kept anonymous, offered Project Pinball Charity a Stern Limited Edition- The Walking Dead Pinball Machine to use for additional sweepstakes to help our charity cause. They approached Project Pinball Charity because they love our mission statement and wanted to help in this way.

*This donation will allow us to cover the costs of the LE model pinball machine and allow us to place another PRO model pinball machine in another Children's Hospital.

*when he says 'this donation' he means my donation or your donation, not the donation from the dealer.

When he says, 'cover the cost of the LE' that means he is buying the LE to give away with part of the collections.

Still it's nice to have an LE for the sweepstakes prize.

#257 9 years ago

In for a great cause!!

#258 9 years ago

Way to Go Dan!

4 pins going to Hospitals!!! I believe this will roll on Forward!

#259 9 years ago

Looks like Friday is the big day for the TWDLE drawing! Best of luck everybody - hopefully a Pinsider is the lucky winner! Really happy to be able to support a very worthy cause.

Copied from their web site ( http://www.projectpinball.org/sweepstakes-live-drawings/ )...

The Limited Edition- AMC’s The Walking Dead Pinball Machine Winner will be announced here on Friday 10, 2014 at 9:00 pm edt. The Winner’s entry will be selected by blind drawing by the Mayor Ben Nelson of Bonita Springs, Florida. http://www.cityofbonitasprings.org/government/city-council/mayor/
A single Winner’s name will be pulled from a box of all 200 entries. This ticket selected will be named the Winner of Stern’s Limited Edition- AMC’s The Walking Dead Sweepstakes.
The entire process will be filmed then posted on the http://www.projectpinball.org/sweepstakes-live-drawings
The Winner will be notified by email and given details and instructions to receive their pinball machine.
Best wishes and good luck to all,
Daniel Spolar

#260 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Are you limited to one city or state for the children's hospitals?

I don't want to speak for Dan or the Charity, but I know they want this to be all over the country and it is definitely headed to as many cities as possible. I'm pretty sure a Star Trek went into St Louis already. It is definitely not one city or state. These drawings will help to speed this process for sure.

Personally I would love to see a machine go into a hospital near me in Central Florida. I would volunteer in a heartbeat to stop by on a regular schedule to make sure it is running correctly and kept clean. One more thing; I believe showing pictures or video from a hospital is very difficult based on patient confidentiality or something.

#261 9 years ago

MN Flippers thanks for giving a couple local Florida local heroes national attention

#262 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

One more thing; I believe showing pictures or video from a hospital is very difficult based on patient confidentiality or something.

Didn't think about that.

#263 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Personally I would love to see a machine go into a hospital near me in Central Florida. I would volunteer in a heartbeat to stop by on a regular schedule to make sure it is running correctly and kept clean.

I have traded a couple of e-mails with him about getting something going here in the Seattle area. I am very interested in helping and I know that a number of the other collectors in the area are as well.

#264 9 years ago

The LUCKY WINNER of Stern's Limited Edition - The Walking Dead Pinball Machine will be announced Friday!

The Limited Edition- AMC's The Walking Dead Pinball Machine Winner will be announced here on Friday 10, 2014 at 9:00 pm edt. The Winner's entry will be selected by blind drawing by the Mayor Ben Nelson of Bonita Springs, Florida.

http://ww...w.cityofbonitasprings.org/government/city-council/mayor/
A single Winner’s name will be pulled from a box of all 200 entries.

This ticket selected will be named the Winner of Stern’s Limited Edition- AMC’s The Walking Dead Sweepstakes.

The entire process will be filmed then posted on the http://www.projectpinball.org/sweepstakes-live-drawings
The Winner will be notified by email and given details and instructions to receive their pinball machine.

#265 9 years ago

A politician and a raffle = controversy or tomorrows headline ! !

Seriously good luck to all, especially me, and congrats to the kids for getting a much deserved machine!

BTW Sweepstakes #4 is just above 25% sold so go to http://www.projectpinball.org/sweepstakes/ to enter!

#266 9 years ago

Alright, I just did sweepstakes number 4. I'm in 3 and 4. If this fills up I will hop in 5 as well.

#267 9 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

A politician and a raffle = controversy or tomorrows headline ! !
Seriously good luck to all, especially me, and congrats to the kids for getting a much deserved machine!
BTW Sweepstakes #4 is just above 25% sold so go to http://www.projectpinball.org/sweepstakes/ to enter!

the 4th is going? crap...there goes the bank account

#268 9 years ago

I am in on #3.

#269 9 years ago

I'm trying to limit myself to 1 entry per week. It's hard. must..resist..

#270 9 years ago

It's addicting as hell, I've taken 4 chances so far!!

I see the pace is slowing down as we are probably running out of money, but great cause I encourage other people who aren't necessarily into spending $5000 on a game, but I warn them with income taxes it's still going to cost them $1500 more or less. I just don't want them to be surprised at the end if they do win.

#271 9 years ago

Up to 35% on the new drawing.

#272 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

but I warn them with income taxes it's still going to cost them $1500 more or less. I just don't want them to be surprised at the end if they do win.

Crap so when I win all 4 drawings I am going to owe nearly $6,000?!

Plus when I win the Walking Dead LE, I will owe like $2,000?!

Oh well, I'll make it! I knew I could show my accountant that I could do pinball expenses on my business and make them legit!

#273 9 years ago

We had some great questions come in to us at Project Pinball Charity over the last month, some of them were asked by pinsiders here. So we put together a small video to answer them as face to face as we could.

There was no editing, this was one take video. These are the questions put together and emailed to me so I was a surprised by some of the questions which made it very enjoyable. It was a lot of fun to throw this together and we do appreciate your interest as well as all your help.

http://www.projectpinball.org/project-pinball-video-diary

#274 9 years ago

I know I probably won't win, but we are all winners for helping out this charity.

#275 9 years ago

Funny thing I'll admit, I had gift cards that I won from work sitting in my briefcase. I've been itching to spend them but couldn't figure out what the heck I wanted to spend them on, Color DMD, a new Mod, maybe some lighted flipper buttons.
As soon as I saw this charity, I immediately took those cards out of my briefcase and spent them on this charity and the chance to win a pinball.

What a great idea!!!!! Funny thing is, I'm thinking more about the Parents of sick kids playing the pins as they are passing (difficult) time by. I pray for them and hope this brings some "escape" for them so they can clear their heads and be there for their kids when they need them the most.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#276 9 years ago

I'm in. Great job, and appreciate what your doing. I've spent a lot of time at hospitals lately (Wont go into details), so i can only imagine what it is like for kids whom are in their long term......

#277 9 years ago

Yea, I'm going to see if I can get some non-pinside buddies to get in. I have money ready for round five. Let's get there!

#278 9 years ago

Great Q/A video.

#279 9 years ago

I just bought into sweepstakes #4. This is a great charity. I had a long chat with Dan this past June at Southern Fried Gameroom.

#280 9 years ago

I have an off the wall question.....I'm locked in for number 3 and I picked the ST pro. While I do want the pin and if by some miracle I win, are there any rules against me donating it to a children's hospital in my state of CT?

#281 9 years ago

Hmm, I'd think if anyone was to win the sweepstakes it would be yours to do with what you wanted. Maybe I'm mistaken but I dont see why there would be restrictions like that.

#282 9 years ago
Quoted from videorob:

I have an off the wall question.....I'm locked in for number 3 and I picked the ST pro. While I do want the pin and if by some miracle I win, are there any rules against me donating it to a children's hospital in my state of CT?

Watch the Q&A video that was posted above as it is very informative. He encourages people willing to help out locally to contact him. And yes, if you win its your game to do with what you want!

#283 9 years ago

This is the Intro Video as Project Pinball Charity walks in to City Hall to meet with the Mayor. One lucky winner will be announced tonight at 9:00pm edt

The Mayor Ben Nelson of Bonita Springs Florida to help us draw the lucky winner of the Limited Edition- The Walking Dead Pinball Machine

The Limited Edition The Walking Dead Sweepstakes Winner Announcement to be posted at 9:00 pm edt at www.projectpinball.org/sweepstakes-live-drawings

#284 9 years ago

Super excited to see the drawing and results! Thanks for all the hard work Daniel, and please pass on my appreciation to the rest of the Project Pinball team.

#285 9 years ago

In with (2) chances in #4! The gambling bug has hit full-force.

I'm in #1, #2, #3, #4, and the LE sweepstakes.

But since it's for a good cause, I'm not gonna call gambler's anonymous.

Let's fill this 4th one up by the 19th!

#286 9 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Let's fill this 4th one up by the 19th!

Heck, let's try and get the 5th one filled by then so I have another one to enter!!!!

#287 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Heck, let's try and get the 5th one filled by then so I have another one to enter!!!!

Enabler!!!

#288 9 years ago

Hey, someone needs to bump this thread so we get more entrees so we can all bet on round 5!!!

#289 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Hey, someone needs to bump this thread so we get more entrees so we can all bet on round 5!!!

I want in!

#290 9 years ago

#291 9 years ago

Thank you to all the wonderful support! AND The Limited Edition- Walking Dead Pinball Machine Winner is.....

#292 9 years ago

Congrats to the winner. Can't wait for next weekends drawings

#293 9 years ago

That will be one happy LE owner.

#294 9 years ago

Werdrick!

Neuman!

Post edited by pingull: mispelled person's name

#295 9 years ago

Werdrick! Congratulations!!

#296 9 years ago

Think the winners wife will believe he won the game or think he bought it and is making up tall tell?

#297 9 years ago

Congrats!

#298 9 years ago

Wait! That's not how my name is pronounced...or spelled!

Congrats to the winner!!!

#299 9 years ago

I'm in on Drawing #4. It is up to about 50% now.

#300 9 years ago

Man... would've been a lot happier if 20000th in the world won a free game over the #20th in the world.

Rich get richer.. ouch. At least he only got half my money and the other half-ish goes to the charity. *shakefist*

/facepalm

Lucky in tournaments and drawings, look out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 34.99
There are 4,787 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 96.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-the-children-and-win-a-new-stern/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.