IMG_3740 (resized).jpeg
Hopkins 25 May (resized).jpg
76F39BFA-7D9A-47D6-98C5-A110EB410D18 (resized).jpeg
EBC1EEC9-905F-41AB-85D7-22DE134E516C (resized).png
7B177453-2DCE-479D-9C8A-96B885FA37B1 (resized).png
32AE8250-BFC5-433C-8330-5E4FCB8B9D0E (resized).jpeg
E990DD7D-FAFA-4341-A3ED-99134FAA68A7 (resized).jpeg
A1575986-AD78-4B59-952F-F3FC85B8D25A (resized).jpeg

There are 4,785 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 96.
#2501 5 years ago

Can't wait for the Pro drawing, I really want a GotG so bad!!!!!!!

#2502 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Premium’s sold out, Pro’s at 85%. Love how these things snowball at the end!

Not sure it snowballed, as much as Jeff S. either REALLY wants to win or REALLY loves the charity (or both!). I'd wish him luck, but the odds are already in his favor and I really want to win one of these times.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2503 5 years ago

Wow, thats awesome! Way to go Jeff!

#2504 5 years ago

When will the drawling take place if the all the tickets are sold?

#2505 5 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

When will the drawling take place if the all the tickets are sold?

After they verify all the tickets they send and email and usually post here when the drawing is. Also usually posted on their FB

#2506 5 years ago

Wow 6 left on the pro. Get in while ya can!

#2507 5 years ago

Looks like the Pro is all done!!!

#2508 5 years ago

I grabbed a couple of Pro tickets before the end. Normally I'm not a Pro buyer. GOTG is one game that I don't think I would mind having the Pro.

#2509 5 years ago

If you win a pro you can always pay the difference to the distro and upgrade to a premium.

#2510 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I grabbed a couple of Pro tickets before the end. Normally I'm not a Pro buyer. GOTG is one game that I don't think I would mind having the Pro.

Good luck!

#2511 5 years ago

And now we (impatiently) wait.....

#2512 5 years ago

For the first time ever Project Pinball has sold out both raffles at the same time! This is incredible and just shows us all the supporters we have out there! Thank you all so much for making this possible! Everyone's immense support means the world to all of us here at The Project Pinball Charity!

We will be announcing when the live drawing for both raffles will be taking place as soon as we confirm all the entries!

Stay tuned for updates!

#2513 5 years ago

Hello!
I supose I must live in usa to be able to buy a ticket and have a chance on a new pinball?

#2514 5 years ago

Sunday the 15th at 8:00pm and then 8:15pm EST it is!

#2515 5 years ago
Quoted from Tjohejsan:

Hello!
I supose I must live in usa to be able to buy a ticket and have a chance on a new pinball?

Wait for the official answer but I think in the past they have been able to work out something if you agree to cover the extra shipping costs.

#2516 5 years ago

Hi,I noticed this post started 3 years ago.is this raffle an every year event.could you please explain to all of us pinside members with a brief description of this charity and raffle .Thank you.p.s I would have purchased a ticket if I knew what was going on.i figured that since post was three years old.raffle and charity drive was already over.(my bad assumption.!)again thank you if you would be so kind to explain.

#2518 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballbrian:

Hi,I noticed this post started 3 years ago.is this raffle an every year event.could you please explain to all of us pinside members with a brief description of this charity and raffle .Thank you.p.s I would have purchased a ticket if I knew what was going on.i figured that since post was three years old.raffle and charity drive was already over.(my bad assumption.!)again thank you if you would be so kind to explain.

This charity buys pins wholesale from the manufacturers, sells raffle tickets, and uses the profits to place brand new pinball machines in children's hospitals. It gives sick children motivation to get better so that they can go play the game, and provides a brief rest from the long hours that parents and other family members spend waiting in the hospital. Project Pinball also looks for volunteers to maintain the pinball machines that they place across the country in children's hospitals so that they don't become broken down non-functioning machines. Your donation aka raffle ticket purchase is a tax deductible donation.

Great charity run by some of the nicest people that you will meet.

#2519 5 years ago

Thank you bluespin.and is this an every year event.? And if so what month do raffle tickets go on sale.

#2520 5 years ago

Thank you bluespin.and is this an every year event.? And if so what month do raffle tickets go on sale.

I would check their site for updates. They raffle of games multiple times a year.

#2521 5 years ago

Thank you.as I did not take post( or scrolling advertisement) , on pinside serious ,( my apologies).for thread being 3 years old. I hope this will alert other pinsiders as well,that charity and raffles are still going on .again thank you for your time.

#2522 5 years ago

They do multiple raffles a year. Usually when one sells out they start another one shorty afterwards. Their site has updates on the hospitals they put games in and also post updates here on pinside from time to time as well as FB.

#2523 5 years ago

They pretty much keep at least one going all the time. Some raffles are for a pro and 200 tickets are available at $50 per and you can choose from all pros Stern is making. Other raffles are for a premium and 200 tickets are available at $75 per and you can chose any Prem Stern is making. Occasionally more than one raffle is active. On rare occasion, raffle is for a specific LE.

#2524 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Your donation aka raffle ticket purchase is a tax deductible donation.

I want to weigh in just to correct this. In the U.S., the IRS does NOT consider a raffle ticket tax deductible, even if the raffle is handled by a charity (they are treated as nondeductible gambling losses), if the prize you are eligible to win is worth more than the raffle's ticket price. There are tax advantages you can still take, but it involves if you report gambling winnings as well.

Here is a link to the IRS publication spelling this out (see page 6 of the PDF under "Contributions From Which You Benefit", 3rd bullet point): https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p526.pdf

Or, another site that makes it a bit simpler to understand versus reading the IRS write-up: https://finance.zacks.com/raffles-irs-donation-deduction-2796.html

I don't want anyone to get into tax trouble regarding the raffles. Note this is just about the IRS, so I'm only talking U.S. and I'm only talking Federal.

If getting a tax deduction is what someone prefers, that's okay, Project Pinball is an eligible charity and you can donate to them and claim the deduction. You just can't buy the raffle tickets and call them donations in the IRS sense.

All that said, Project Pinball Charity is a well established organization with documented progress in achieving their mission. They are quite transparent with their finances and uses of money. So feel confident either donating directly or participating via the raffle system!

1 week later
#2525 5 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Sunday the 15th at 8:00pm and then 8:15pm EST it is!

So do we have some new winners?

#2526 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

So do we have some new winners?

We do. Videos were uploaded to Youtube last night.

#2527 5 years ago

Got excited as my first name was one of the winners but not my last name. So close! Congrats to the winners!!

#2528 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Got excited as my first name was one of the winners but not my last name. So close! Congrats to the winners!!

When you buy your tickets, the number(s) on the Rallyup receipt and in the email that Rallyup sends is the same number(s) that is assigned to you in the drawing hopper.

#2529 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

We do. Videos were uploaded to Youtube last night.

Premium:

Pro:

Congrats to Scott and Randall!

#2530 5 years ago

Anyone know what the ticket numbers were? I like to torture myself and see how close my ticket was.

#2531 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Anyone know what the ticket numbers were? I like to torture myself and see how close my ticket was.

They show the numbers in the videos. In at least one he grabs two numbers and you can see the one he drops back in as well -- maybe it was yours?!?

#2532 5 years ago

Good call as I obviously didn't watch the video. I was ticket 21. Oh well, congrats to the winners. Looks like I have to get in the next one.

#2533 5 years ago

Weekly update on our Raffles!

Win a pinball machine Stern Pro Model- 18-103 is 7% sold!
Entries are $50 and there are only 200 available!
https://projectpinball.rallyup.com/winapinballmachine-18-103

Iron Maiden Premium Pinball Machine Raffle is 6% sold!
Entries are $75 and there are only 200 available!
https://projectpinball.rallyup.com/ironmaidenpremium-pinbal…

#projectpinball #forthekids #pro #premium #pinballmachine #raffles #support #donate #contribute #follow

#2534 5 years ago
Quoted from Project_Pinball:

Weekly update on our Raffles!
Iron Maiden Premium Pinball Machine Raffle is 6% sold!
Entries are $75 and there are only 200 available!
https://projectpinball.rallyup.com/ironmaidenpremium-pinbal…

Looks like your Premium raffle link is broken/incorrect.

#2535 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Looks like your Premium raffle link is broken/incorrect.

https://projectpinball.rallyup.com/ironmaidenpremium-pinball-machine-raffle

Our apologies here is the correct link for our Iron Maiden Premium Pinball Machine Raffle

#2536 5 years ago

Plan on doing an Alice Cooper raffle?

#2537 5 years ago

Weekly Raffle Updates!

Win a Pinball Machine Stern Pro Model 18-103:
(13% sold! 200 entries total! $50 per entry!)

Iron Maiden Premium Pinball Machine Raffle:
(12% sold! 200 entries total! $75 per entry!)

Every entry helps us raise money to place more and more pinball machines across the country! With your entry, you are helping our charity reach new heights and put smiles on all the children's faces!

#2538 5 years ago

I was curious how many Pinballs have been placed in Children’s hospitals and was going to ask but I found this on their website. Great Charity doing wonders and putting smiles exponentially on families faces. Just wanted to share the picture.

D7DBC753-BEB4-4220-9AB5-512B4AB4BE0E (resized).pngD7DBC753-BEB4-4220-9AB5-512B4AB4BE0E (resized).png

#2539 5 years ago

It's an incredible amount of volunteer work to service 28 hospitals in 16 states! (and counting)

#2540 5 years ago

Weekly Raffle Updates!

(18% sold! Only 200 entries total! $75 per entry!)

(20% Sold! Only 200 entries total! $50 per entry!)

Don't forget that the more you enter the better your odds are! Every contribution to our raffles helps get us one step closer to getting more pinball machines to sick children across our nation!

#projectpinball #forthekids #smiles #pinballmachine #raffle #contribute #support #donate #follow #supportourmission Pinball

#2541 5 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

It's an incredible amount of volunteer work to service 28 hospitals in 16 states! (and counting)

Our volunteers are the best out there! They help us in a tremendous way and we are forever grateful for each and every one of their hard work and dedication in helping us with all our pinball machines across the nation!

#2542 5 years ago

Coming to an event near you soon!

If you want one email us at [email protected] or send us a message on Pinside with your contact information! We would love to send anyone one so that you can show your support for Project Pinball!
#projectpinball #forthekids #isupport #stickers

EBCD3F48-0726-492C-AD6C-6CAC573D644D (resized).jpegEBCD3F48-0726-492C-AD6C-6CAC573D644D (resized).jpeg

#2543 5 years ago

Weekly Raffle Updates!

(22% sold! Only 200 entries total! $75 per entry!)

(27% Sold! Only 200 entries total! $50 per entry!)

Don't forget the more you enter the better your odds become! Every contribution to our raffles helps get us one step closer to getting more pinball machines to sick children across our nation!

#projectpinball #forthekids #smiles #pinballmachine #raffle #contribute #support #donate #follow #supportourmission

#2544 5 years ago

A Brand-New Raffle just opened that you do not want to miss!

For the first time ever, we are raffling off a 1976 Old Chicago pinball machine made by Bally!

This is a very special raffle as we are starting it right before the New York City Pinball Championship which is where this amazing machine will be next weekend!

Our goal is to sell out this raffle before May 20th so that we can broadcast live for the drawing from our office to the New York City Pinball Championship!

This raffle is only $10 per entry and there are only 100 entries available!

***The winner of our Old Chicago Pinball Machine Raffle must have the capability to pick up the machine from Hell's Kitchen, New York!***

Old Chicago Pinball Machine Raffle:
(0% sold! $10 per entry! Only 100 entries available!)
https://projectpinball.rallyup.com/old-chicago-pinballmachine-raffle

#old-chicago #bally Pinball #raffle #projectpinball #forthekids #newyorkcitypinballchampionship

Old Chicago (resized).jpgOld Chicago (resized).jpg

Old Chicago Back Glass (resized).jpgOld Chicago Back Glass (resized).jpg

Old Chicago Playfield (resized).jpgOld Chicago Playfield (resized).jpg

#2545 5 years ago

Wow! That is a nice looking classic Bally!

#2546 5 years ago

Any chance you want to raffle off that Breakshot next?

#2547 5 years ago

Our supporters continue to surprise us! You all are incredible!

UPDATE: Within 20 hours the Old Chicago Pinball Machine Raffle has reached 65% sold!

What awesome progress for such an amazing machine!

Don't miss your chance to enter this very special raffle!

$10 per entry! Only 100 entries total!
https://projectpinball.rallyup.com/old-chicago-pinballmachine-raffle

#2548 5 years ago

Just bought #98 so only 2 left

#2549 5 years ago

THANK YOU PROJECT PINBALL SUPPORTERS!

We sold out of our Old Chicago Pinball Machine Raffle in less than 24 hours! What an awesome way to end the work week! We cannot thank all of our supporters enough! You are all amazing!

The Live drawing will be broadcasted Sunday, May 20th at the New York City Pinball Championship! We will be broadcasting live from our office at the championship! G Fuel Presents NYC Pinball Championships 2018

We are overjoyed with the abundant support we have received with this raffle! Huge thank you to everyone who helped make this a possibility with your shares! Howard Levine Levi Nayman Never Beef Productions

#projectpinball #forthekids #raffle #lessthan24hours

#2550 5 years ago

Weekly Raffle Updates!

(25% sold! $75 per entry! Only 200 entries total!)

(31% sold! $50 per entry! Only 200 entries total!)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
There are 4,785 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 96.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-the-children-and-win-a-new-stern/page/51 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.