IMG_3740 (resized).jpeg
Hopkins 25 May (resized).jpg
76F39BFA-7D9A-47D6-98C5-A110EB410D18 (resized).jpeg
EBC1EEC9-905F-41AB-85D7-22DE134E516C (resized).png
7B177453-2DCE-479D-9C8A-96B885FA37B1 (resized).png
32AE8250-BFC5-433C-8330-5E4FCB8B9D0E (resized).jpeg
E990DD7D-FAFA-4341-A3ED-99134FAA68A7 (resized).jpeg
A1575986-AD78-4B59-952F-F3FC85B8D25A (resized).jpeg
There are 4,787 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 96.
#151 9 years ago

In again for #3. Can't say it enough, great cause, keep it up. I just wish I could be there to see the kid's faces light up when they deliver it.

#152 9 years ago

In on 3 as well! Come on out to support the cause folks!

#153 9 years ago

I cant believe I missed this thread.....Boy am I late for this Party!

I wish to share a few things.

This charity is beyond amazing. Pinball in a hospital, is not only a deviation from the troubles a child is facing, but am outstanding healing tool as well. Children dont play like we do, in general....many have never seen a pinball. For the most part, they dont compete for high scores. They collaborate, they laugh, they relate to other kids, when thats whos playing. With Parents, its a way to talk about things between games or balls, it levels the playfield, add Doctors and nurses, staff, and a child has such comfort, away from their bed. It becomes a destination, "I want to play pinball", a joy, when struggling,
a lasting impressionable healing tool.....Its amazing!

Second is Dan,
There are no grand words to describe the tireless, over full time work he has put in, and dedicated himself too. Having known him for years, I can best describe him as a Gentleman's, Gentleman.
The guy you want at a party, or you would drop what hes doing to be of help.
A rare person indeed, and the mountain of respect he gets in the Florida community is beyond deserved. He is loved by all, and the support of his wife and family, truly makes him a rare asset to not just the pinball community, but to kids everywhere he can touch.

My thanks for what you do, Dan, and I am so grateful to see the pinball community help this cause.

For myself, ticket bought, and our Black Friday Sale will have proceeds going to this great cause!
(....and pinside)

Thanks for letting me share, and Dan, thanks for all you have done and will continue to do!

1 million Karma Points!

Art

#154 9 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Black Friday Sale

Oh boy, you better have some massive stock on hand for that. I need full kits for Tron and Metallica...

#155 9 years ago

This is a great thing you are doing. In on #3. I'll probably sign up for more since this is going until December.

#156 9 years ago

Third drawing is up to 22% already!

#157 9 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Thanks for letting me share, and Dan, thanks for all you have done and will continue to do!

1 million Karma Points!

Art

Beautiful post Art. I just bought my first ticket.

Jim

#158 9 years ago

Third drawing up to 33%! I need to buy another ticket! I want to be in on all the drawings.

#159 9 years ago

I'm in and hoping to win my first pinball machine.

#160 9 years ago

Art,

You have a gift of words, my friend.

Thank you for the kind expressions about the charity. I try to share that aspect every time because it means so much to the kids and even to the kids inside of us all.

The great time about being a grandparent is you have a great excuse to lie on the floor and play again. Or stand in front of a pinball machine and laugh at silly things and act goofy! I can bring that emotion over to the charity to help motive myself and hopefully others.

Thank you for all your support over the years.

Thank you for the personal character reference, I will try my best to live up to your to words.

Best wishes,

Daniel

#161 9 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

This charity is beyond amazing. Pinball in a hospital, is not only a deviation from the troubles a child is facing, but am outstanding healing tool as well.
Second is Dan,
There are no grand words to describe the tireless, over full time work he has put in, and dedicated himself too.

I agree with everything Art so eloquently stated. I'll add some additional background. Dan had been into pinball for years before catching the "competitive bug" after attending a tournament, so he and David decided to share this experience with the Florida pinball community by creating the Pinball Asylum as the Florida destination for both casual and competitive pinball. But for Dan that wasn't enough, as happenstance also set him on the path to establish Project Pinball for which he has also spent countless hours refurbishing games, holding charity tournaments, and traveling the country for the Childrens Hospitals. In other words Dan has become a tireless advocate for the expansion of the pinball community across the country to both young and old, and Project Pinball is an amazing offshoot of his love for pinball.

If you plan on visiting Florida you should try to plan your trip around a Pinball Asylum event to meet Dan in person and play the amazing collection of machines with world class competitors, but really it's the people who make the events enjoyable. If traveling outside of an event you can try to contact Dan or David directly as they both love to show off their games and talk pinball.

You can read more background on both sites:
http://www.projectpinball.org/
http://www.pinballasylum.com/

#162 9 years ago

I'k going to try and buy 1 entry a week, for the price of an xbox game I can help kids and possibly win my first NIB. Win, win for everyone!

#163 9 years ago

In for the 3rd

#164 9 years ago

Is this going to be an annual thing?

#165 9 years ago

Up to 45% on the third drawing!

#166 9 years ago

Just bought three tix!
That's a no brainer!

#167 9 years ago

you know, if they would do the drawings like a week after they fill up. It would help make money for the next drawing faster. Because people that were in the previous drawing, would know if they won or not and need to buy more drawings for the next one. I think you would do better, cranking them out and finishing them up in a faster manner.

#168 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you know, if they would do the drawings like a week after they fill up. It would help make money for the next drawing faster. Because people that were in the previous drawing, would know if they won or not and need to buy more drawings for the next one. I think you would do better, cranking them out and finishing them up in a faster manner.

Agree

#169 9 years ago

In for drawing #3.

These need to fill up a bit more slowly, or I'm gonna go broke.

I just can't resist buying a chance in every drawing.

If they get to #4 by Sunday, I'll buy my son a couple chances to win a TWD for his birthday!

#170 9 years ago

Damn, I went from having a pinball addiction, to now I also have a pinball gambling addiction.

#171 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

We wanted these drawings to be super transparent and clear as possible, meaning there are a lot of people that are invested in this sweepstakes and have been introduced to the charity at the same time. We wanted to show a public offering for the drawing so everyone would feel a part of this. That everyone would feel that we were being completely honest in the manner that a winner was going to be chosen. We wanted to build and earn the trust of the community which is super important for any charity. The Pinball Expo was our best choice for this to be public offering with the audience and viewers on PAPAtv.

We will discuss this as a charity and we will update afterwards.

#172 9 years ago
Quoted from Mole:

We wanted these drawings to be super transparent and clear as possible, meaning there are a lot of people that are invested in this sweepstakes and have been introduced to the charity at the same time. We wanted to show a public offering for the drawing so everyone would feel a part of this. That everyone would feel that we were being completely honest in the manner that a winner was going to be chosen. We wanted to build and earn the trust of the community which is super important for any charity. The Pinball Expo was our best choice for this to be public offering with the audience and viewers on PAPAtv.

It'd be *nice* if you did this for MMR even at $90 a chance.

My point, some people really can't afford or don't want to pay $8000 for one, but really want one. And I think it'd garb more people to take a chance.

My problem (small problem I admit) is that I own acdc, IM and ST. Have zero interest in Mustang and have very slight interest in TWD or Met.

#173 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Is this going to be an annual thing?

We would like to offer this as an annual event. It has helped us raise awareness for our Project Pinball Charity in different communities. Even it has helped us open a few more doors of opportunity. Of course, it has helped us raises donations so we can carry on supporting the Children’s Hospitals and the kids that we care about.

With every event that Project Pinball Charity plans, we plan as annual events. That way the community knows what to expect from us and knows that we are planning for the future and have a mission.

The IFPA/ Project Pinball Charity campaign was a huge success, it would be a waste if we would let that fall away as well.

We will try to build things to became better and better with each offering. Just like Pinball Expo or PAPA headquarters has grown over the years to become more and more successful and we all can look forward to their annual offerings.

#174 9 years ago
Quoted from Mole:

We are going to stay with the original rules and agreements. The drawing dates are going to be on October 19th at 2:00pm cdt and broadcast live on PAPAtv. Tune-in for the Expo finals and we will be announcing the winners live for everyone to view.

Daniel Spolar

#175 9 years ago

New Announcement:

We received some awesome news! A Limited Edition- The Walking Dead Pinball Machine

We had a generous dealer, whom wishes to be kept anonymous, offered Project Pinball Charity a Stern Limited Edition- The Walking Dead Pinball Machine to use for additional sweepstakes to help our charity cause. They approached Project Pinball Charity because they love our mission statement and wanted to help in this way.

From our understanding the Limited Edition- The Walking Dead pinball machines are spoken for at this time, so this seems like a really fantastic offer for the community and our charity.

The donation will be $75 for a chance to win this LE The Walking Dead Pinball Machine. There will be a 200 entry limit. The sweepstakes will be open tonight at 8:00pm edt Saturday, October 4th, 2014 on a separate page here: http://www.projectpinball.org/LE-sweepstakes

NOTE: This sweepstakes offering will hold a drawing for the winner of this prize as soon as this sweepstakes sells out completely. The date, time and place for drawing will be announced only after all the sweepstakes entries are completely sold out and accounted for.
This sweepstakes will be held separate from any of the other Project Pinball Charity sweepstakes that are offered at this time.

This donation will allow us to cover the costs of the LE model pinball machine and allow us to place another PRO model pinball machine in another Children's Hospital.

WalkingLE copy.pngWalkingLE copy.png

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#176 9 years ago

I'll be hovering over my keyboard!

#177 9 years ago

I'm in on that!!!!!!

#178 9 years ago

Hrm, we're running league tonight lol... at 7pm central. Coincidence?

#179 9 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I'll be hovering over my keyboard!

Same!

#181 9 years ago
Quoted from Mole:

We had a generous dealer, whom wishes to be kept anonymous, offered Project Pinball Charity a Stern Limited Edition- The Walking Dead Pinball Machine to use for additional sweepstakes to help our charity cause.

It's too bad they want to remain anonymous, they should be known for a generous offering like that!

#182 9 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

It's too bad they want to remain anonymous, they should be known for a generous offering like that!

They probably had a waiting list but thought that this was a better cause.

#183 9 years ago
Quoted from Mole:

The donation will be $75 for a chance to win this LE The Walking Dead Pinball Machine. There will be a 200 entry limit. The sweepstakes will be open tonight at 8:00pm edt Saturday, October 4th, 2014 on a separate page here: http://www.projectpinball.org/LE-sweepstakes

I will be in on this one for sure!!

#184 9 years ago

So many of us are looking to get in on this that I think the 200 entries will sell out quickly!

#185 9 years ago

15 min to go, I think this will sell out quickly!

#186 9 years ago

So are the first 3 drawings on Oct. 19th, or are the dates for 2nd and 3rd firm in Nov, Dec?

#187 9 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

So are the first 3 drawings on Oct. 19th, or are the dates for 2nd and 3rd firm in Nov, Dec?

Any drawing that is sold out by Expo will drawn Oct 19th. Thus far it will be at least three drawn at Expo on Oct 19th. After Expo any sold out before Free Play Florida will be drawn on the Nov date and then the same for December.

#188 9 years ago

Those who want the LE Sweepstake make sure you choose the "LE Sweepstakes". Remember there is still a Pro sweepstakes running so choose the correct one!

#189 9 years ago

I'm in!!!! Let's go Pinsiders!!!!!!

#190 9 years ago

I'm in for the LE! Great charity, thanks to the dealer who is allowing this to happen.

#191 9 years ago

Splurged on 2 entries for the LE.

#192 9 years ago

I can't believe the 3rd and 4th entries are still open. Come on, Pinside... fill 'em up!!

#193 9 years ago
Quoted from WonkoTSane:

Splurged on 2 entries for the LE.

Same here!

#195 9 years ago

I'm in on the LE drawing

#196 9 years ago

The LE drawing is up to 20%.

#197 9 years ago

I'm in on the Pro drawing, which is at 58%.

How can you you lose when you're helping kids?!

#198 9 years ago

I'm in for two on the LE drawing and one for pro drawing #3. Helping kids is fun!!!

#199 9 years ago
Quoted from danisme:

Damn, I went from having a pinball addiction, to now I also have a pinball gambling addiction.

And so it goes, now in for TWDLE for the win!

#200 9 years ago

Come on Pin-heads! Donate! $50 to $75 is a drop in the bucket compared to happiness that it will bring Children (and families) who are battling health issues!!!!! It's a couple of week's worth of coffee!

Open your hearts!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

There are 4,787 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 96.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-the-children-and-win-a-new-stern/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.