IMG_3740 (resized).jpeg
Hopkins 25 May (resized).jpg
76F39BFA-7D9A-47D6-98C5-A110EB410D18 (resized).jpeg
EBC1EEC9-905F-41AB-85D7-22DE134E516C (resized).png
7B177453-2DCE-479D-9C8A-96B885FA37B1 (resized).png
32AE8250-BFC5-433C-8330-5E4FCB8B9D0E (resized).jpeg
E990DD7D-FAFA-4341-A3ED-99134FAA68A7 (resized).jpeg
A1575986-AD78-4B59-952F-F3FC85B8D25A (resized).jpeg
There are 4,787 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 96.
#1901 7 years ago

I'm about to head over and buy a couple of tickets. Let's get this sold out.

This truly is a worthwhile charity. They continue to install new pinball machines in children's hospitals from coast to coast on a regular basis all while verifying the installed base of machines is constantly maintained in clean working order. It is an enormous amount of work and dedication. The results in joy and therapy that it has brought to children and their families is also enormous. Check out the updates and thank you notes on their Facebook page and you can't help but be choked up at least a little bit!

www.facebook.com/ProjectPinball

#1902 7 years ago

Here are direct links to both of Project Pinballs current raffles:

https://go.rallyup.com/projectpinball-fallpro

https://go.rallyup.com/projectpinball-batman66

#1903 7 years ago

Maybe it's the Halloween bourbon talking, but I'm in for both. Bourbon or not, it's a great cause!

#1904 7 years ago

I'm in for BM66

#1905 7 years ago

Just a heads up I can't find any link to the fall pro sweeps on your website www.Projectpinball.com

#1906 7 years ago

Edit. ...

#1907 7 years ago

It is .org. not .com.

#1908 7 years ago

oops yeah well I meant http://projectpinball.org No link to fall pro sweeps there either

#1909 7 years ago

Have to get this of my chest because it's been bugging me for a long time. I entered a part raffle motivated in equal parts by the idea of sick children having a diversion and having a new diversion for my family that would otherwise be out of my price range. All I ever got was a receipt from PayPal for sending money. I received NO acknowledgement from the charity, no updates on when the raffle would occur, no updates on who actually won, no updates on where the charit machine ended up, and not that I care about this last bit, but I never got a sticker either. Add that this seems to be illegal in California (where I live) and the whole thing left me with a negative suspicious impression of this. Due to the totally unresponsive mature of my experience I still harbor lingering suspicions that this is a scam. At best it is VERY poorly run from an outreach standpoint. Come on folks - sending some automated email receipts and confirmations is basic child's play in this day and age.

#1910 7 years ago

The email must have gone to your spam folder, they send an email when the raffle sells out with drawing dates and a list with all the names so you can make sure you're on there. They post on their FB and website when they put new games in hospitals.
It is for sure not a scam, they're really making a difference for sick children and people like you and me who could win a brand new game.

#1911 7 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

The email must have gone to your spam folder, they send an email when the raffle sells out with drawing dates and a list with all the names so you can make sure you're on there. They post on their FB and website when they put new games in hospitals.
It is for sure not a scam, they're really making a difference for sick children and people like you and me who could win a brand new game.

Yep. They have a pretty public and transparent appearance. Images of winners - including some Pinside members, images of the games in hospitals. I get emails and updates too.

1 week later
#1912 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Yep. They have a pretty public and transparent appearance. Images of winners - including some Pinside members, images of the games in hospitals. I get emails and updates too.

Yeah with over 20 pins in Children's hospitals and counting (including two in California), the legitimacy and efficiency of this charity is plain for all to see. Also, the accounting system for the drawings is checked multiple times for each drawing. Every single entry goes into the mix and has an equal chance of winning.

http://www.facebook.com/ProjectPinball

http://www.streetinsider.com/Press+Releases/Project+Pinball+Charity+Group.+Inc.+Delivers+Healing+Fun+to+5+Childrens+Hospitals+Nationwide/10689170.html

http://theexaminer.com/stories/news/project-pinball

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/59-PPWRIST

#1913 7 years ago

Let's get the 2nd Batman raffle filled.

I tried to do my part by going for several entries.

This is a win-win for everyone.

#1914 7 years ago

Sorry for the delayed response pinsiders. We were busy putting together another campaign to place another 5 machines for the kids just in time for the holidays.

Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Have to get this of my chest because it's been bugging me for a long time. I entered a part raffle motivated in equal parts by the idea of sick children having a diversion and having a new diversion for my family that would otherwise be out of my price range. All I ever got was a receipt from PayPal for sending money. I received NO acknowledgement from the charity, no updates on when the raffle would occur, no updates on who actually won, no updates on where the charit machine ended up, and not that I care about this last bit, but I never got a sticker either. Add that this seems to be illegal in California (where I live) and the whole thing left me with a negative suspicious impression of this. Due to the totally unresponsive mature of my experience I still harbor lingering suspicions that this is a scam. At best it is VERY poorly run from an outreach standpoint. Come on folks - sending some automated email receipts and confirmations is basic child's play in this day and age.

Thank you for your help and donation.

It has been a long time that you held this in. We haven’t used Paypal since April and made the switch to make the sweepstakes more informational when a donation is made by using a different system called Rallyup. Check it out here: www.go.rallyup.com/projectpinball-fallpro

Not sure if you even read this post thread since we make it habit of informing here when the dates are for these drawings will be, sharing videos of winners’ names being drawn and to share of our charity’s news and pinball machine/ dedication events. Plus we are located on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and of course our home page at www.projectpinball.org, all used to share information about our charity’s intentions and goods deeds. We can be reached by email, [email protected] and you can call me direct at 239-287-5497, if you have any questions. We provide this contact information routinely on all of our charity’s informational sites.

We have sent out thousands of stickers and have several packages returned due to undeliverable addresses that were provided by the Paypl account owner. If you can provide me with your proper name and address, I will personally send the sticker(s) owed to you.

To use the words scam without looking at the facts or doing any research to support your words here doesn’t sit well with me. You state that we are tricking people in helping us place pinball machines in 22 children’s hospitals with 5 more to be placed. We have placed pinball machines in your home state, California, a Star Trek in San Francisco’s and the other a Spider-man in Los Angeles, seems odd you do not know this. Please refrain from posting things that are not true.

I think our outreach is getting better and growing every day to prove how a pinball machine can have a positive impact on our children lives when placed in our hospitals and schools.

If you or anybody else ever has a problem or question about the sweepstakes, please give us a call directly at 239-287-5139 or email us at [email protected] - this way we can remedy any confusion. These sweepstakes are a part of our growing process that we always strive to improve.

Thank you for everyone who enters our sweepstakes and supports what we do. You have helped Project Pinball Charity and gave us the ability to place five more pinball machines starting December 5th in the Northeast region! More information to come!

Best wishes,

Daniel Spolar
Senior Director/ Founder
Project Pinball Charity

Quoted from pinheadpierre:

1 week later
#1915 7 years ago

Excitement is in the air for us over at Project Pinball Charity!! Soon we will be hitting the road and going on our 2016 Northeastern Tour. We will be stopping at five different children’s hospitals, in five different states and dedicating a pinball machine to each!

Our first stop is Neptune, New Jersey, where we'll be running with raptors and other dinosaurs of Jurassic Park. Dorothy and the munchkins of Oz will have a new home at the second stop of the tour in Stony Brook, New York. In New Haven, Connecticut The USS Enterprise will be headed to Beam Us Up, Scotty! Afterward we head a bit west to Columbus, Ohio to dedicate a new VPCabs virtual LCD screened pinball machine. Lastly we’ll cruise over in the Batmobile and drop off the Dark Knight in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

From the bottom of our hearts we’d like to say that we truly appreciate every single person who was involved in any way of making this amazing tour take place. We couldn’t have been able to make it all happen without your love, generosity and support. We hope all the machines that are being placed in their new homes during this tour make the lives of numerous children across our nation happier.

We hope you join us on this exhilarating journey by staying updated with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter! If you see us on the road be sure to hashtag! And please share this post to raise awareness and support! #NETOUR2016
NE TOUR 2016 (resized).jpgNE TOUR 2016 (resized).jpg

#1916 7 years ago

Awesome Dan. Five more machines!! Glad to see the Ronald McDonald houses getting involved. That is amazing.

#NETOUR2016

#1917 7 years ago
Quoted from Project_Pinball:

Excitement is in the air for us over at Project Pinball Charity!! Soon we will be hitting the road and going on our 2016 Northeastern Tour. We will be stopping at five different children’s hospitals, in five different states and dedicating a pinball machine to each!
Our first stop is Neptune, New Jersey, where we'll be running with raptors and other dinosaurs of Jurassic Park. Dorothy and the munchkins of Oz will have a new home at the second stop of the tour in Stony Brook, New York. In New Haven, Connecticut The USS Enterprise will be headed to Beam Us Up, Scotty! Afterward we head a bit west to Columbus, Ohio to dedicate a new VPCabs virtual LCD screened pinball machine. Lastly we’ll cruise over in the Batmobile and drop off the Dark Knight in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
From the bottom of our hearts we’d like to say that we truly appreciate every single person who was involved in any way of making this amazing tour take place. We couldn’t have been able to make it all happen without your love, generosity and support. We hope all the machines that are being placed in their new homes during this tour make the lives of numerous children across our nation happier.
We hope you join us on this exhilarating journey by staying updated with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter! If you see us on the road be sure to hashtag! And please share this post to raise awareness and support! #NETOUR2016

Very cool!

#1918 7 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Awesome Dan. Five more machines!! Glad to see the Ronald McDonald houses getting involved. That is amazing.
#NETOUR2016

Yes! This has been a productive and busy year for the charity. Next year we are opening up new avenues, programs, more machine dedications and have growth has a focus for continued success.

Thank you all,

Daniel Spolar

#1919 7 years ago

Here's a cool video showing Dan's involvement as he delivers a machine here in Omaha.

#1920 7 years ago

We are very excited to announce our #NETOUR2016 kicked off yesterday with our first dedication of the Jurassic Park pinball machine in New Jersey at the K. Hovnianan Children's Hospital in Neptune, NJ! The machine also got a custom made Jurassic Park topper!

jurassic park (resized).jpgjurassic park (resized).jpg

#1921 7 years ago

Check out this link to hear our new podcast interview with Jeff Teolis! We are extremely overjoyed with this amazing trip we are on right now delivering 5 pinball machines in 2 weeks! Check it out on iTunes too! https://www.facebook.com/groups/pinballprofile/permalink/636474833198140/

#1922 7 years ago

If you have not seen it already you have to watch this video that we are so glad to be able to share!
This is a wonderful video that shows the coming together of people, ideas, and pinball to make a lasting impact in our communities' hospitals. Thank you to Ash at the Beercade, Dylan and crew from Hearst Television, and VUZ for making this happen.
Please share this video to help promote the coming together of people to help others in need! #projectpinball #projectpinballteamsup #beercade #forthekids

https://www.facebook.com/WatchVuz/videos/1186787758073404/

#1923 7 years ago
Quoted from Project_Pinball:

We are very excited to announce our #NETOUR2016 kicked off yesterday with our first dedication of the Jurassic Park pinball machine in New Jersey at the K. Hovnianan Children's Hospital in Neptune, NJ! The machine also got a custom made Jurassic Park topper!

Dan, thank you for helping the kids in my area.

#1924 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Dan, thank you for helping the kids in my area.

It is our pleasure to have this opportunity to do so much good in 2 weeks. Going to New Jersey was very special for us and we will be posting pictures of the dedication soon!

#1925 7 years ago

We here at Project Pinball would like to give a huge thank you to PinballSTAR for donating the Wizard of Oz machine to the Stony Brook Children's Hospital in Long Island, New York! We are beyond grateful for your support and cannot thank you enough! #forthekids #projectpinballcharity #projectpinballteamsup #grateful #NETOUR2016

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1926 7 years ago

Here are some pictures from our New Jersey Dedication! The Jurassic Park Machine was a hit!

K. Hovianan Dedication (resized).jpgK. Hovianan Dedication (resized).jpg

k hov (resized).jpgk hov (resized).jpg

#1927 7 years ago

The holiday season is soon beginning and Project Pinball Charity is hitting the road again. This time to share joy in more children’s hospitals plus adding Ronald McDonald Houses to our “to do list”.

We are achieving planned goals and breaking through new boundaries and we have a lot of “firsts” for our charity this time out.

A Project Pinball first- we will be placing 5 machines in 5 different states after traveling over 4000 miles in less than 2 weeks time.

A Project Pinball first- We will be placing a pinball machine to be used for children with special needs. A doctor has asked to team-up with Project Pinball to start some research and collect data that can be used to develop programs to help these children through the benefits of pinball play. This has been the jump start needed to begin our 2nd phase of our elaborate mission plan.

A Project Pinball first- We have teamed up with Brad Baker, owner of VPcabs. He was thrilled to jump on board after he heard about our charity’s mission to help others through pinball. We will be placing our first video pinball machine that has been carefully handcrafted to add custom features to our machine that will give patients a greater variety of game play options.

A Project Pinball first- We will be introducing our charity’s service to, not one but to two, Ronald McDonald Houses, which are located in Columbus and Milwaukee. This opens a new brand new area of reach to add to our charity’s influence across the United States.

A Project Pinball first- We are adding new states to our pinball machines placed. We are excited to be entering New York, Connecticut, and Wisconsin.

A Project Pinball first- We have a new sponsor that has reached out to assist our charity with a new Star Trek pinball machine. Michael Daddona Jr., owner of Automated Services understands the impact that this new machine will have on the children and their lives.

Plus we have Joe Newhart of PinballSTAR Amusements helped us with the WOZ that will be introduced to the Stony Brook Children's Hospital. Thank you Joe for being so caring and supportive by giving these gifts!

All delivered and setup just in time for the holidays.

We hope you join us on this exhilarating journey by staying updated with us on Pinside, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter @ProjectPinball.

Best Wishes,
Daniel Spolar

#1928 7 years ago

We are beyond excited to tell everyone about this custom virtual pinball machine that @VPCabsvirtualpinball made especially for #projectpinball that will be delivered to the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Ohio on Tuesday! We cannot wait for this dedication! Thank you so much VPCabs Virtual Pinball! #NETOUR2016 #forthekids #Virtualpinballmachine #projectpinballteamsup

virtual pinball machine (resized).jpgvirtual pinball machine (resized).jpg

#1929 7 years ago
Quoted from Mole:

A Project Pinball first- We will be placing a pinball machine to be used for children with special needs. A doctor has asked to team-up with Project Pinball to start some research and collect data that can be used to develop programs to help these children through the benefits of pinball play. This has been the jump start needed to begin our 2nd phase of our elaborate mission plan.

I will be interested to see the results (I work a lot with the local spinal cord injury association). We have a 1986 Bally Motordome that was converted by ArcadeAccess for use for people in wheelchairs and other disabilities...cabinet is out out with special wider legs, caster wheelse so can be moved to a person sitting in a stationary chair, large buttons on front for easier access, sip-puff controller for people with no hand function. It's ok - but would really like to adapt some newer pins (and better overall games...Motordome is not great play-wise and is showing it's age in wear-wise).

WC-Pinball (resized).jpgWC-Pinball (resized).jpg

#1930 7 years ago

Thabk you very much for this info. The links have been very helpful.

#1931 7 years ago

Na Na Na it's Batman! Want to win a Batman 66 Premium?

Donate today, $75 gets you entered for a chance to win! All proceeds go to helping place more pinball machines in more hospitals across the country! Receive the chance to win by entering today!

Enter here at Projectpinball.org/sweepstakes!

Batman 66 Sweepstakes Poster (resized).jpgBatman 66 Sweepstakes Poster (resized).jpg

#1932 7 years ago

Here are direct links to both of Project Pinballs current raffles bump:

The fall pro raffle seems to have been forgotten:

And of course the BM66:

#1933 7 years ago

I'm in for the Batman! Such a great charity!
Thank you!

#1934 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Here are direct links to both of Project Pinballs current raffles bump:
The fall pro raffle seems to have been forgotten:
And of course the BM66:

Thanks for the bump. I bought $250 in tickets between both raffles (I know it's a donation...but let's face it I bought a chance to win some free games!). I was gonna donate anyway but this also fulfills my greed/gambling instinct so it's win/win.

#1935 7 years ago

Bought 2 tickets of each raffle bump

#1936 7 years ago

Season’s Greetings! In warm appreciation of Project Pinball's success during the past year, we extend our very best wishes for a happy holiday season to all of our partners and followers of Project Pinball Charity. We could not be where we are today without everyone of you! Have a happy and safe holiday to all!

Sincerely,

The Project Pinball Charity
#projectpinball #forthekids #support #donate #happyholidays

IMG_0146 (resized).JPGIMG_0146 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#1937 7 years ago

80% sold out of 200 entries! Let's give this amazing Batman 66 Premium away! $75 dollar donation gets you an entry! Only 200 entries total! Get yours today!

15747826_1017233268382088_110147171302228032_n (resized).jpg15747826_1017233268382088_110147171302228032_n (resized).jpg

#1938 7 years ago

Just a few more entries left...

#1939 7 years ago

Just bought two. I really would like a BM66, but on the other hand I know my money is going to a great cause either way. The accomplishments of Project Pinball are very impressive to say the least.

#1940 7 years ago

when is the drawing?

#1941 7 years ago
Quoted from nowakster:

when is the drawing?

Can't hold a drawing until all tickets are sold! Once that happens, they tend to hold the drawings within a week or so unless they're saving the drawing for a live event (like a pin convention or something).

#1942 7 years ago

figured what the heck I will buy one more ticket earlier and glad I did as this sold out!

#1943 7 years ago

Now there's only 2 things left to do:

1 - Hold the drawing.
2 - Pick me.

I bought an LE, but I purchased a couple tickets for friends.

#1944 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I purchased a couple tickets for friends.

Heck of a nice gesture!

#1945 7 years ago

How are tickets still being sold after the limit is reached?

#1946 7 years ago
Quoted from ACcookDC:

How are tickets still being sold after the limit is reached?

I suspect the extra money came from direct money contributions, not ticket sales.

#1947 7 years ago

I've got two tickets and I can't wait for this to be drawn! Super cool thing that this charity is doing

#1948 7 years ago

Good luck to everyone on the bm66 raffle. Someone's going to start this year off with an awesome game!
Also pro raffle still open , still quite a ways to go on that one
https://projectpinball.rallyup.com/projectpinball-fallpro

#1949 7 years ago
Quoted from hipsmart:

I suspect the extra money came from direct money contributions, not ticket sales.

Yes. We were limited to 200 entries.

#1950 7 years ago

Batman 66 Premium Sweepstakes #2 Drawing Winner to be announced on Sunday, January 8th, 2017 at 7pm EST. (*edit- it was a video posted here that shows the lucky winner's name being drawn. This Sweepstakes video is located on Page 40 on this thread.)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

7,600 (OBO)
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 4,787 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 96.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-the-children-and-win-a-new-stern/page/39?hl=nowakster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.