New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 104236)

Help the Children and WIN a NEW STERN

By PunishersLEMC

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3,726 posts
  • 476 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by PappaDubz
  • Topic is favorited by 186 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 287 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Tour Jersey 2020 (resized).jpg
Blown Up Tour Jersey 2020 (resized).jpg
For the Jpy of Pinball - ZEN (resized).png
Bob Matthews Superstar of 2019 with P.P Shirt (resized).jpg
Thank You Image copy (resized).jpg
Thank You Image copy (resized).jpg
Love Across America Coming Soon (resized).jpg
Avenger LESoldout (resized).jpg
10906055_376689055842108_1671528059755577436_n (resized).png
Stern FB Avengers (resized).jpg
Thank You Image (resized).jpg
20200709_213527 (resized).jpg
20200709_203717 (resized).jpg
ORMC Child Playing 07-2018 (resized).jpg
ORMC Group Pic 07-2018 (resized).jpg
IMG_6882 (resized).jpg

There are 3726 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 75.
#1701 4 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Why are the tickets going so slow? The last few raffles I was in went relatively fast.

Not everyone can afford to be in every raffle I would say so the earlier ones usually sale faster.

#1702 4 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Why are the tickets going so slow? The last few raffles I was in went relatively fast.

I just realized there were/have been 2 different raffle style things going. I haven't donated to this one in a bit as I forgot!

#1703 4 years ago

Bump

Let's get some more tickets sold!

#1705 4 years ago

When was the last time a pin was won here?? By who???

#1706 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Here is a list of winners from their website...not sure if they are on Pinside or not. I know at least one is on Pinside as a couple pages back on this thread he said he won.

Past Sweepstakes Winner’s List
Congratulations to our Winners!

Ghosterbusters- Premium Edition #1 Sweepstakes Winner:

Ronald Hallett

WOZ/ Hobbit #3 Sweepstakes Winner:

Pam Albert

Pro Model Sweepstakes Winner:

George Sinchuk

Game of Thrones- Limited Edition Sweepstakes Winner:

Name: Joseph Oravec

KISS PREMIUM Sweepstakes Winner:

Name: Jason Clark

WOZ/ Hobbit #2 Sweepstakes Winner:

Name: Jeph Stahl

KISSPRO#1 Sweepstakes Winner:

Name: David Constancio

WOZ/ Hobbit Sweepstakes #1 Winner:

Name: Daniel Sade

Sweepstakes #8:

Name: Ron Williams

Sweepstakes #7:

Name: Jimmy Leingang

Sweepstakes #6:

Name: Jarred Lauder

Sweepstakes #5:

Name: P. OGrady

The Walking Dead LE:

Jason Werdrick

Sweepstakes #4:

Name: Shivonna Randazzo

Sweepstakes #3:

Name: Bryan Emmett

Sweepstakes #2:

Name: Robert Toughill

Sweepstakes #1:

Name: Jonathan Stromme

ALL WINNERS have be notified and have received their prizes.

#1707 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

The last one was about a month ago if you scroll back in this thread and he was on pinside.

#1708 4 years ago

In preparation for our July Campaign, we have streamlined our Sweepstakes! We want to introduce Rally-up to all the supporters of Project Pinball!
This will provide a second by second update for both sweepstakes and a central location for everyone to find the information they need.
All previous entries have already been transferred over into the new system and are all accounted for, thank you so much for all that have entered!
Please visit https://rallyup.com/projectpinball-sweepstakes/WXEBU5 to enter today!

Rally_Up_Social_Media_Push_(resized).jpg

#1709 4 years ago

The total sales seems off on the site...just letting you know maybe they didn't transfer or the site isnt updated on the transferred tickets?

#1710 4 years ago

I haven't entered a sweepstakes for a while, but just did through Rally Up to see how that works. Hopefully this brings more attention and donations through to Project Pinball.

#1711 4 years ago
Quoted from Project_Pinball:

In preparation for our July Campaign, we have streamlined our Sweepstakes! We want to introduce Rally-up to all the supporters of Project Pinball!
This will provide a second by second update for both sweepstakes and a central location for everyone to find the information they need.
All previous entries have already been transferred over into the new system and are all accounted for, thank you so much for all that have entered!
Please visit https://rallyup.com/projectpinball-sweepstakes/WXEBU5 to enter today!

Rally_Up_Social_Media_Push_(resized).jpg

The new site looks good, but the numbers appear to be off for the current premium sweepstakes. It was > 90 tickets sold on the last update on the old site, but showing only 1 sold on the new site.

#1712 4 years ago

It's definitely off. There was 161 entries for the pro on April 15th. It only shows 13 now

#1713 4 years ago

Hey all, I emailed RallyUp about the missing entries and this was their response. To include the previous entries they needed to be manually entered as "paper tickets". Hopefully they can get things back soon, we are doing all that we can on our side to ensure every entry is accounted for! Thanks to everyone for such patience and support!
email_from_rallyup_(resized).JPG
-Amber

#1714 4 years ago

Hm. Hopefully this doesn't put those of us who already purchased tickets in the old system at a disadvantage.

#1715 4 years ago

Me too. Bought my tickets a month ago or so for the premium

Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Hm. Hopefully this doesn't put those of us who already purchased tickets in the old system at a disadvantage.

#1716 4 years ago

Entered. Good luck to all and thanks for supporting another great charity!

#1717 4 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

I'm sure they'll straighten this out.

#1718 4 years ago

The way the entry tickets are drawn everyone has an equal chance mathematically. There can be no advantage or disadvantage.

#1719 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

The way the entry tickets are drawn everyone has an equal chance mathematically. There can be no advantage or disadvantage.

Unless they don't transfer your name to the new system

#1720 4 years ago

If transferring is an issue, then they should refund the money ASAP so we can all re-buy into this new system.

#1721 4 years ago

With the split, how close is the pro drawing to actually happening?

#1722 4 years ago

I hope that gets fixed, have 3 entries for the premium going..

#1723 4 years ago

I really hope this gets fixed soon. I hate when companies say " We'll work on it" and days go by without resolution.

#1724 4 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

With the split, how close is the pro drawing to actually happening?

If the new entries are added to the previous 161 it's at 181/400

#1725 4 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Unless they don't transfer your name to the new system

It's not like the drawing will be in the next few days. They'll get everything straightened out and verified inside and out long before the drawing.

#1726 4 years ago

In for two more entries on the Pro raffle.

#1727 4 years ago

I think the premium drawing should be over halfway sold out by now but the new site still hasn't been updated yet.

Also there is a service fee for buying raffle tickets now? Just bought three tickets and was charged a $17.84 service fee

#1728 4 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I think the premium drawing should be over halfway sold out by now but the new site still hasn't been updated yet.
Also there is a service fee for buying raffle tickets now? Just bought three tickets and was charged a $17.84 service fee

That seems extremely steep. Hopefully an error of some kind, or there's a way to get around it? Charities shouldn't be paying 1/3 just to collect the money.

EDIT: I was assuming you were buying the $25 standard tickets when I said 1/3. It'd be more like 8% if you bought three premium tickets. But that still seems quite high for a charity operation.

#1729 4 years ago

Those fees sound way expensive...hope this isn't the case otherwise I say go back to Paypal are they not 3%?

#1730 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

go back to Paypal are they not 3%?

Paypal does not allow sweepstakes. Eventually they figure out what is happening and shut them down. It also appears that all of the other services charge fees - even to a charity.

#1731 4 years ago

They lost my interest for entering if someone is profiting from my charitable entry.

#1732 4 years ago

Both premium and pro models show 12600 raised on their site:

http://www.projectpinball.org/premium-edition-pinball-machine-stickers/

This does not seem right.

Why is project pinball not responding here?

#1733 4 years ago

+1 Bad communication there

I'd be ready to buy my tickets, but this sounds really a mess at the moment

#1734 4 years ago

Post Deleted
My bad... I confused this and the pinball edu raffle

#1735 4 years ago

Let me be direct. We do not reside on Pinside for our commutations to our charity. We come here to share our charity’s achievements with you so you feel your influence through our charity and impact that we have together. This among the several other daily tasks, functions and details that make up the operations of running our charity dictate our freedom to have real time monitoring abilities here.

We have always given out contact information, email and phone numbers for direct contact. We cannot answer questions that were not bought to our attention. If anyone has a problem or concern- you, they or whoever, please feel free to talk to us directly. Projectpinballcharity@gmail.com

Rally-up has been working on the problems that we contacted them about. The data migration/ merge seems to be the problem for them to give the site true real-time status and data update. Which is ironic, because that was the real reason that we shifted to their site versus past sites. We want to give real-time feedback so everyone that enters can be accounted for instantly and without delay.

We have no problem with accountability with who is in the sweepstakes. Everyone that entered before the Rally-up shift will be included in sweepstakes and will have the same chances to win as the new entries. All 200 premium entries will be accounted for just like all of the 400 Pro entries will be recorded. We know the exact details for each and every individual entry in all of our sweepstakes- past and present. We have all the data submission from all of the sweepstakes since we have been offering these pinball machine sweepstakes since 2014. We have always used a redundant stop check to make sure everything is correct and fair. We run through verification process multiple times to make certain everything and everyone is accounted for before each drawing.

There is a cost to doing business, even as a charity. There are costs associated to every aspect of putting pinball machines in Children’s Hospitals for the kids to have. The cost of organizing this type of sweepstakes fundraising seems trickier than most others. We do enjoy offering a way for the pinball community to have fun, receive stickers and maybe get a very special reward back. We rely on several different ways to be funded so we can continue to do the great things that we are achieving at our Children’s Hospitals.

We would like and need your continued help us to reach our goals. We are placing 5-8 pinball machines in July & August and that takes funding from people that believe in what our charity stands for. We are always and actively looking for way to cut and maintain overhead with the effect of doing much more for these hospitals. Like all things there is a balance.

There are several different ways you can show your support.
• We have items for sale like T-shirts, stickers, artwork and bracelets.
• You can donor directly through Paypsl email address at Projectpinballfundraiser@gmail.com or website donation button at http://www.projectpinball.org
• You can enter the pinball machine sweepstakes by check. Send us your check, contact information, address and sweepstakes selection and we can enter you into the sweepstakes of your choice. We will include your entry to the sweepstakes currently offered.

-Mailing Address: Project Pinball Charity, PO Box 368022, Bonita Springs, Florida 34136

If you have any questions, feel free to contact us direct.

- Email: projectpinballcharity@gmail.com

Help us continue to do great things through pinball!

Respectfully,

Daniel Spolar

Founder/ Senior Director
Project Pinball Charity

#1736 4 years ago

Thanks for the clarifications Dan.

Quoted from Mole:

We are placing 5-8 pinball machines in July & August

It is amazing the actual tangible achievements that have been performed by Project Pinball. I know from first hand observation that this charity is being run in a manner to minimize overhead and maximize the end product; which is helping the children. The donations do not sit around, they are put to work quickly and wisely. Each hospital is a unique location and setting with unique requirements and expectations. Each requires hours and hours of coordination and paperwork. That doesn't leave a lot of time for Pinside.

#1737 4 years ago
Quoted from Mole:

You can enter the pinball machine sweepstakes by check. Send us your check, contact information, address and sweepstakes selection and we can enter you into the sweepstakes of your choice. We will include your entry to the sweepstakes currently offered.
-Mailing Address: Project Pinball Charity, PO Box 368022, Bonita Springs, Florida 34136

Thanks for pointing out this option, probably the best way to enter for those of us that still have a checkbook, envelopes and stamps! This ensures that all the money goes to Project Pinball as opposed to overhead for the electronic payment processing folks.

Keep up the good work!

#1738 4 years ago

Great clarification, thanks

#1739 4 years ago

So does the service fee go to you guys or rally up? I only ask because pinball edu does their raffles on rally up as well but do not have a service fee.

#1740 4 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

So does the service fee go to you guys or rally up? I only ask because pinball edu does their raffles on rally up as well but do not have a service fee.

Actually EDU entries do have the same fees and the fees all go to Rally Up. The difference is that Project Pinball gives an option to pay the fee so the charity does not have to. I just bought two entries in the Premium drawing and will send in a check.

#1741 4 years ago

How are we looking for the prem raffle? Any closer to selling out?

#1742 4 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

How are we looking for the prem raffle? Any closer to selling out?

The premium is at 113 and the pro is at 189.

The site is updated now you can check it out here https://rallyup.com/projectpinball-sweepstakes

#1743 4 years ago

Getting closer - Premium @ 121/200 & Pro @ 193/400. https://rallyup.com/projectpinball-sweepstakes

I really like how the new site updates entries in real time. I just wish they'd take down the old tracker from their main site. Until I did some digging and discovered the new site, I was worried that the tracker had not been updated in over a month.

#1744 4 years ago

Hey all, just wanted to share with you the cards we received from UNC thanking us for the pinball machine! It could not have been done without all of you supporters, so thank you all so much!

20160503_111451_(resized).jpg

#1745 4 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

The premium is at 113 and the pro is at 189.
The site is updated now you can check it out here https://rallyup.com/projectpinball-sweepstakes

Nice - this includes the paypal donations as well, right?

#1746 4 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

Nice - this includes the paypal donations as well, right?

Yes, the upcoming sweepstakes will include both Rally Up entries and the paypal entries that were done before the switch over.

I bought two entries via check through Rally Up. It worked out great. I got a receipt and entry numbers from Rally Up when right after entering. Then I sent a check to Project Pinball and got a second confirmation email from Rally Up when the check was received. To me this is the best way to do it now because there are no fees.

1 week later
#1747 4 years ago

Memorial day bump.

#1748 4 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Memorial day bump.

Yeah lets sell this out!

Quoted from Project_Pinball:Hey all, just wanted to share with you the cards we received from UNC thanking us for the pinball machine! It could not have been done without all of you supporters, so thank you all so much!

Thanks for all the charity does. It is great to see actual results and feedback from the kids. The number of pins in children's hospitals is steadily growing because of Project Pinball. I know Dan will be headed out to dedicate a handful of games this July just like last July. Here is my favorite video from last year's dedications:

http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/Childrens-Hospital-Receives-Pinball-Machine-For-Play-Room--319763011.html

#1749 4 years ago

Wow, what a great video John. Thanks for posting and keep up the great work Project Pinball!

#1750 4 years ago

Less than 60 tickets left let's sell out premium!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 3726 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 75.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside