IMG_3740 (resized).jpeg
Hopkins 25 May (resized).jpg
76F39BFA-7D9A-47D6-98C5-A110EB410D18 (resized).jpeg
EBC1EEC9-905F-41AB-85D7-22DE134E516C (resized).png
7B177453-2DCE-479D-9C8A-96B885FA37B1 (resized).png
32AE8250-BFC5-433C-8330-5E4FCB8B9D0E (resized).jpeg
E990DD7D-FAFA-4341-A3ED-99134FAA68A7 (resized).jpeg
A1575986-AD78-4B59-952F-F3FC85B8D25A (resized).jpeg
There are 4,787 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 96.
#1451 8 years ago

so where's the live drawing going to be watchable from?

#1452 8 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

I wanted to ask if the machines are actually donated to the hospitals or does Project Pinball "place", as their website states, the machines in the hospitals and retain ownership of the machines? If they're placing machines and retaining ownership that means they can pull the machines out at any time and have a nice collection of machines, sell them and make a profit!
I will apologize up front for the post as I think it's great that Project Pinball is doing this for the kids whether it be for a year or for the life of the machine.

All good questions. I went into some detail, but not all, due to the length of this reply would require to convey our charity's mission operating procedure.

Project Pinball retains ownership at all times. These hospitals have not the experience, willingness or time to maintain a pinball machine in a hospital setting. This is how our charity got started. A Spider-man pinball machine was donated to a hospital but was never maintained. We adopted it and repaired it to factory condition and since then it has been on a monthly service plan.

As a charity we place, maintain, and service our machines monthly. We pay for the machine, the materials for servicing/cleaning and parts when needed. Also, we do background checks on all volunteers going into that hospital setting. We make it completely hands-free and worry-free for our hospitals.

We retain ownership for several more reasons. What if the game malfunctions or gets old? We can switch the machine with a new one at our discretion, without a committee or board approval. We already have line items in our financial plan for each machine for maintenance and other upkeep. We would like to have the versatility to switch games from hospital to hospital to keep things fresh and entertaining.

We also make it so that the hospitals can not move our machines. Project Pinball has to be notified to do so. We need to stay in control of the machine that people donated to and helped us place in specific family rooms in these hospitals. We don’t want these machines to be moved to a place that the patients could not access them. Maybe to a different area of the hospital or wing, cafeteria, maybe a janitor’s closet. Our charity mandates that the machine always be available for use by the children.

If the hospital abuses the machine or similar, we can pull the machine out, this of course is the last measure, and can move it to a different hospital that might be better suited in helping children again.

If the hospital owned the machine, they could sell it if they wanted to and make a profit. If we ever made a profit on selling a machine, it goes right back to the charity so we can do more to help others. No nefarious scheme to be implemented if we make a profit. We have people working for the charity that have modest and reasonable pay just like a company would for productive people. Again, I am not one of those people. I chose not to collect a salary at this time. (As far as for my collection, I have 80+ games at the Pinball Asylum so the charity games are not needed for my collection.)

Every charity has an overhead and it should be run like a business. If you stated any other goal to the IRS, you would hard press to get your status. Look at the Children’s Hospitals themselves. They are very efficient charities and collect millions in donation a year. It all comes down to the percentages, how the charity chooses to spend the money.

Personally I have sacrificed a lot to help others my whole entire life. Just two days ago, I was very humbled when a former employee of my former company called me just to stay thank you for me teaching him the things he needed to succeed.

I state that as a character testimony, that my heart is pure in the spirit of giving back to those in need. I watch our percentages closely.

I hope this helps our supporters to understand that our charity has the details in place to make the greatest impact for these children that we serve. Your belief in our charity is earned by our actions and results, as it should be.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Daniel Spolar
Senior Director/ Founder
Project Pinball Charity

#1453 8 years ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

so where's the live drawing going to be watchable from?

There will be a link added here, on Facebook and our homepage.

#1454 8 years ago

Thanks for all that your charity does. Sounds like you've got a good handle on things..glad to hear that you've got things running smoothly.

Pete

#1455 8 years ago
Quoted from Mole:

I state that as a character testimony, that my heart is pure in the spirit of giving back to those in need. I watch our percentages closely.

Thanks for all you do, living in Florida I had the pleasure to see first hand how much energy and time you have put into Project Pinball. We're in good hands with you behind the wheel!

#1456 8 years ago

I am very happy to continually contribute to this charity. If I were to win that would be a huge bonus, but I believe in the spirit of this charity.

To help me keep track of which ones I donated to, I could use some help. I can look back and check my emails to see the last time I donated. I can't easily find when the last drawings closed for each raffle. Having those available in the absence of a list of entrants would help let me know if I am entered currently or not.

Thanks if this can be updated. If not, I think it's great work you're doing anyway! Keep it up!!

#1457 8 years ago

Tick tock. The raffles happening today.

#1458 8 years ago
Quoted from bkfiv:

I am very happy to continually contribute to this charity. If I were to win that would be a huge bonus, but I believe in the spirit of this charity.
To help me keep track of which ones I donated to, I could use some help. I can look back and check my emails to see the last time I donated. I can't easily find when the last drawings closed for each raffle. Having those available in the absence of a list of entrants would help let me know if I am entered currently or not.
Thanks if this can be updated. If not, I think it's great work you're doing anyway! Keep it up!!

Send us your name and we can tell you every single time and date that you entered and which sweepstakes you were in.

#1459 8 years ago
Quoted from Mole:

Send us name and we can tell you every single time and date that you entered and which sweepstakes you were in.

Thanks you!

#1460 8 years ago

The Pro Model December Winner is...

Please watch this video for the winner's name and more special announcements.

Thank you for all the people that continue to be the driving force behind our charity. :^)

Have a great holiday,

Daniel Spolar

#1461 8 years ago

Congrats to the winner.

#1463 8 years ago

congratulations! this is such a great cause and such a great reward! although I like the 200 entry only approach it makes the odds feel a bit more realistic in my opinion. either way I'll continue to support project pinball and hope to see a machine placed in a hospital here in VT.

#1464 8 years ago

WOZ/Hobbit contest is at 64% with only 73 tickets needing to be sold. Let's get this guy done before end of year!!

http://www.projectpinball.org/hobbit-wizard-of-oz-pinball-machine-stickers/

#1465 8 years ago

Congrats to Daniel!!

#1466 8 years ago

So there are 400 tickets at $25 a piece for the next pro drawing?

Gonna try and buy another hobbit ticket or two, would be great to have this one finished up soon too!

#1467 8 years ago

I donated for a premium ticket. If it does not fill before the 31st, do you refund everyone and then same one starts over in Jan and I just buy it again?

#1468 8 years ago

Congrats to the winner and the children!

#1469 8 years ago

In for a woz / hobbit. I actually like the 200 chances instead of 400 but understand. Good luck everyone.

#1470 8 years ago

I purchased a sticker for the Woz/Hobbit contest. I plan to be a regular contributor to this great cause.

#1471 8 years ago

Just got 3 stickers in the mail. Very nice.

#1472 8 years ago

Yeah I got 2 in the mail as well. Let's keep up the contributions!

#1473 8 years ago

Can you guess how many Titan Rubbers are in our sweepstakes box? Post your guess below! The closest number without going over wins a Project Pinball T-Shirt and A Twisted Quarter Gift Card! Guesses will be welcome until 11:59 PM EST New Years Eve (12/31/15)!

20151224_103926_(resized).jpg20151224_103926_(resized).jpg

#1475 8 years ago
Quoted from Project_Pinball:

Can you guess how many Titan Rubbers are in our sweepstakes box?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1480 8 years ago

#1482 8 years ago

#1484 8 years ago

#1487 8 years ago

#1488 8 years ago

#1490 8 years ago

#1491 8 years ago

#1494 8 years ago

#1496 8 years ago

#1499 8 years ago

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 16.00
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

6,495 (Firm)
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 4,787 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 96.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-the-children-and-win-a-new-stern/page/30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.