• 3,081 posts
  • 434 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Project_Pinball
  • Topic is favorited by 145 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 226 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D33C5731-EB6E-43B2-BFA2-BB7525FDA6F2 (resized).jpeg
Baby Shoes (resized).jpg
Sold Out Raffle (resized).jpg
F9D88EAF-6409-423A-A3B7-1AFE0B9AAB96 (resized).jpeg
3 days (resized).jpg
LAA 2019 Are You Ready. We Are (resized).jpg
20190524_191928 (resized).jpg
Before pic (resized).jpg
Glen Connoly Munsters Prem Winner Thank you  (resized).jpg
Glen Connoly Winner of Munsters Premium March 2019 (resized).jpg
t-shirt (resized).png
IMG_1467 (resized).jpg
IMG_1464 (resized).jpg
Sold Out Raffle (resized).jpg
Shrek Puss in Boots Big Begging Eyes (resized).jpg
Iron Maiden (resized).jpg

There are 3081 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 62.
#51 4 years ago

Bought in! I have half a mind to buy in for another pin just to further the cause, but I'm spread a bit thin at the moment.

Good luck with the raffle!!!!

#52 4 years ago

Either way, I hope the children get hours of endless enjoyment out of the games just as we all have. Glad to be able to participate.

#53 4 years ago

Just entered! I hope the kids enjoy the games!

#54 4 years ago

Sticky this AWESOME POST FOR AN AWESOME CAUSE

#55 4 years ago

I'm going to buy in tomorrow. Added topic to favorites.

#56 4 years ago

I've also added a little sticky star to it in the events bargains section.

#57 4 years ago

Thanks Tiger, I just saw this and was going to try to sticky.

FYI to everyone.. mods can only sticky to the sub forum. If you want it on the main forum page, Robin has to do that. He doesn't read all the threads of course, so if you ever need anything big stickied, PM him directly.

#58 4 years ago

Worthy cause...check
Donation complete...check
Feels good to help out...check
Take delivery of my winnings...pending

#59 4 years ago

Just curious, if I win do I need to report the cash value of the prize as income for tax purposes?

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

4 of us here bought tickets the day this was announced. We know the Project Pinball people first hand and they are a great group doing awesome things.
Buy tickets with confidence that you are really helping kids.

This is what I was also wondering just making sure this is not a Nigerian scam.

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Just curious, if I win do I need to report the cash value of the prize as income for tax purposes?

"Need to" meaning are you legally required to? Yes.

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

"Need to" meaning are you legally required to? Yes.

I'm no expert on this, but I believe the charity will be required to report the winner to the IRS as well. Just in case you "forget".

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

I think it's a great idea, a great cause, and a good way to do it (i.e. having a Pro as the prize).
I guarantee Stern isn't providing the pins, so the $10k they take in per raffle allows them to spend half on the winner's prize and the other half on the pin they donate to a hospital.
As someone with a son who spent a lot of time in a children's hospital, I can say things like this are good for the kids...and good for the parents.
Just bought two entries...and may buy more.

As someone very close to this charity, I just wanted to point this out as a great post.

Yes, this is a donation to a great charity and with each drawing a single collector will win an NIB game and so will a hospital. These games are not only played by the kids. They are played by the families and the doctors sometimes slip out and play with the kids too! Think about it though; these kids aren't able to throw down the Xbox controller and go outside and play basketball. They are stuck in these places. A pinball machine is a real thing, with a real ball that they can play with. I get choked up every time I think of it.

Stern has been a great help to this charity so far with donations of parts to fix machines and supplying many prizes used in the IFPA tournaments that were held to benefit ProjectPinball.org around the country in July. The ever increasing numbers of machines in hospitals can only help coax Stern into greater involvement.

At this point I have shopped out a couple of games and gotten them bulletproofed for the children's hospitals. To me the best way to go is to buy NIB machines rather than the older games because they will be the easiest for the local volunteers to maintain and the most reliable. Stern normally has at least one family friendly game available. We also recently acquired an HUO Shrek in trade - which is to me is a great title for this application.

I don't want to give the idea that I am an officer in this charity. I am simply big supporter and donator of both time and financial support to this great cause.

#64 4 years ago

Just found out that over 80% of the tickets for the first drawing have been sold! That is 160 of 200. If you want to get in on this first drawing, better do it soon.

#65 4 years ago

I'm in! As a pediatrician and pinball enthusiast how could I not?

#66 4 years ago

Up to 92% sold for the first drawing!

#67 4 years ago

I was going to buy two more tickets in raffle #1, but I think I'll wait until raffle #2.

...and raffle #3!

I think I've developed a gambling problem. Anybody have that 800 number?

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

800-333-4673

LTG : )™
Disclaimer : I bet you don't have a problem. $5 ?

#69 4 years ago

98% sold for the first drawing. Just four entries left!

#70 4 years ago

Yeah, I'm in. For the record, raffles are not tax deductible.

#71 4 years ago

GONE!! First drawing is SOLD OUT!!

Quoted from kid_ego:

I was going to buy two more tickets in raffle #1, but I think I'll wait until raffle #2.
...and raffle #3!

Same here. I will buy into raffle 2 tomorrow. I am shooting for an Ironman VE by the way.

#72 4 years ago

We all think that there are only 3 drawings. There are three drawing dates but I do not see it limited to 3 drawings. Each one is limited to 200 tickets but if we can sell 1000 tickets there should be 5 drawings. More chances for us and more pins for the kids.

#73 4 years ago

In

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Yeah, I'm in. For the record, raffles are not tax deductible.

Damn it, I imagine you're right, but that's just not right!

I don't see why a donation should be different just because it's associated with a raffle, especially when the winner has to pay taxes on the full value of the prize.

Oh well, I guess I better stop there before I go on a political rant.

I just hope a Pinsider is the winner.

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from WonkoTSane:

We all think that there are only 3 drawings. There are three drawing dates but I do not see it limited to 3 drawings. Each one is limited to 200 tickets but if we can sell 1000 tickets there should be 5 drawings. More chances for us and more pins for the kids.

If they keep selling...I'll keep buying.

Gotta get a pin for the hospital my son spent weeks of his life in...

...and gotta win a new pin for the basement!

Zach chose IM VE. We'll get TWD next spring/summer when his zombie callouts are integrated.

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from WonkoTSane:

I think it would be interesting to just do a drawing immediately after every 200 tickets and see how many games that would buy for the kids.

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from danisme:

I think it would be interesting to just do a drawing immediately after every 200 tickets and see how many games that would buy for the kids.

Oct 19th corresponds to the last day of Expo in Chicago, Nov 23rd is the last day of Free Play Florida (huge new show in Orlando every year) and Dec 21 is just in time for the Holidays!

And yes, the more tickets bought the more drawings that will be added. Would be awesome if we could get up to a handful of drawings on each date!

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from WonkoTSane:

It is not limited to three drawings, just 3 drawing dates. From the Project Pinball web site:

This sweepstakes will open at 9/24/2014 at 10:00 am edt. It will be $50 Paypal donation for a single chance. There will be 200 chances in each sweepstakes offering. After 200 chances are sold that sweepstakes offering will be closed and another sweepstakes offering will be started until the next 200 chances are sold and will continue as long as interest is held or sweepstakes end as been reached on 12/29/2014 at 12:00 am est.

Those sweepstakes that are sold-out will be drawn live on Sunday October 19th at 2:00 pm cst at the Chicago Pinball Expo by to be broadcasted on PAPAtv LIVE.
The sweepstakes that are realized after October 18th will be drawn on November 23rd at 2:00 pm est the Free Play Florida Show in Orlando to be broadcasted on PAPA LIVE

The sweepstakes that are realized after November 23rd will be drawn on December 21st at 2:00 pm est.

#79 4 years ago

Round 2 is now open for purchase.

#80 4 years ago

Great place to help and I love to gamble on new pinball games! 2 entries for game 2, TWD here I come!

#81 4 years ago

Did they seriously misspell Metallica on the flyer...

...and none of you have noticed for two pages??

#82 4 years ago

Yes, these are Ultra Limited Edition Metallic Pinball Machines. They are identical to the regular Metallica Pro in everyway except where I have to take a black sharpie to blackout all the “A”s on the cabinet, playfield and back glass. And for a limited time only, I will throw in a custom Metallic flyer as well. This has caused a lot of work for us here to customize these machines but we wanted to give you something very special!!

Have Fun,

Daniel

PS Thank you pmwolf. :^) We have corrected the promo cards.

#83 4 years ago

Quick, do game should I select?

My choices are Met pro or TWD? I have IM, ST and AcDc and have no interest in Mustang.

#84 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Quick, do game should I select?
My choices are Met pro or TWD? I have IM, ST and AcDc and have no interest in Mustang.

If I win....TWD all the way.

Pete

#85 4 years ago

Definitely hope to see some Pinsiders take some of these home!

Entered for TWD.

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

If I win....TWD all the way.
Pete

Quoted from AloneMordakai:

Definitely hope to see some Pinsiders take some of these home!
Entered for TWD.

I entered for TWD and IM (I'd keep that for trade bait).

too bad Stern is not producing any all age games like PotC, I can just imagine with Metallica and AcDc all the curse words and TWD all the killing, not a very pleasant or child friendly pin.

#87 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I entered for TWD,
too bad Stern is not producing any all age games like PotC, I can just imagine with Metallica and AcDc all the curse words and TWD all the killing, not a very pleasant or child friendly pin.

Well, Mustang, Star Trek, and Iron Man are pretty much all-age.

#88 4 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Well, Mustang, Star Trek, and Iron Man are pretty much all-age.

I agree with you, also this contest is very cool, I'm 'out of room' so my wife won't allow me to buy a new game, but if I won that's another thing.

2 tickets for round #2 (IM and TWD) I already own IM but it's such a cool game, I am not sold on TWD or Met.

#89 4 years ago

In for a ST. Good stuff.

#90 4 years ago

I'm in for round 2!

#91 4 years ago

In for a great cause.

#92 4 years ago

10k per machine. that should make some good money. Great idea.

Should have had it

$20 per entry for the Pro list Max 400
$50 per entry for the premium list Max 200

i would be curious to see which ones would sell out.

#93 4 years ago

Love this cause... A chance at winning a pin is just a bonus. Donated.

#94 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

10k per machine. that should make some good money. Great idea.
Should have had it
$20 per entry for the Pro list Max 400
$50 per entry for the premium list Max 200
i would be curious to see which ones would sell out.

You missed it, they are giving away 2 pins each time, one to the winner and one to a children's hospital.

#95 4 years ago

Just joined Pinside, and had to join in this too!

#96 4 years ago
Quoted from Renouart:

Just joined Pinside, and had to join in this too!

Welcome to Pinside.
Your addiction just got worse.

#97 4 years ago

I'm in for the second drawing. Wow, I can't believe how fast the first drawing filled up. Keep up the great work. I've had the pleasure to see all the work and dedication from the volunteers that have and continue to volunteer there time and energy to get pinballs into hospitals. Thanks for all you do!

#98 4 years ago

I just picked up a ticket for the second drawing. Once again for IM VE. The second drawing is 1/3 sold already!

Can't wait to see these drawings live on Papa TV!!

#99 4 years ago

We are 1/3 of the way through the second drawing. We need to keep this going.

#100 4 years ago

Metallica Pro here I come!

I am a trust officer who administers over many private foundations. When I get the chance I always try to send money to children's charities like St Judes, Ronald McDonald, etc.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 299.00
Lighting - Interactive
...redshiftLED
There are 3081 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 62.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside