IMG_3740 (resized).jpeg
Hopkins 25 May (resized).jpg
76F39BFA-7D9A-47D6-98C5-A110EB410D18 (resized).jpeg
EBC1EEC9-905F-41AB-85D7-22DE134E516C (resized).png
7B177453-2DCE-479D-9C8A-96B885FA37B1 (resized).png
32AE8250-BFC5-433C-8330-5E4FCB8B9D0E (resized).jpeg
E990DD7D-FAFA-4341-A3ED-99134FAA68A7 (resized).jpeg
A1575986-AD78-4B59-952F-F3FC85B8D25A (resized).jpeg
There are 4,787 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 96.
#551 9 years ago

I got a few of my friends at work to enter today.

#553 9 years ago

Just wondering if we are supposed to get a response of any kind after entering? I don't recall getting an email other than the paypal email? I had purchased 2 entries on Nov 19th.

#554 9 years ago

Pro drawing #6 is up to 76%
The Walking Dead LE drawing is 22%

#555 9 years ago

We have a page dedicated to "thanking everyone for their help" after their transaction is done, but paypal and their link seems to fail at times. This has no effect on the transaction being finalize, completed and sent to us. We will look into why this thank you page is not loading proper and try to get it to work has it should.

Again, this does not have any effect on the information being received by us. We have been receiving the contact information needed and all the donations being sent. We have been able to register everyone that completes their transaction.

Some people that entered have contacted us directly to found out if we received their entry, in every case we have satisfy their questions. I am thinking those individuals would speak up here if there was problem.

Thank you for your questions and hoped this help to answer those questions.

Daniel Spolar

#556 9 years ago

Only 36 entries left for Sweepstakes #6. Get them now before they are soldoutl

This Sweepstakes will be drawn on December 21 and some lucky winner will have theirselves an awesome gift.

#557 9 years ago

Only 29 left on Sweepstakes 6. Lets sell this one out so we can have two plus an LE drawn before Christmas.

#558 9 years ago

Hey guys - I'm new here.

I've been wanting to buy a pinball machine for awhile, but old house had no room. We just bought a new place earlier this year, and once I finish the basement, there will be plenty of room for a table. I wonder if that one table will turn into 2, 3, or more, but we'll cross that road when it comes.

I don't know much about the hobby itself - but I've been reading about it on and off for a few years. This thread convinced me to register. I bought 4 for the general sweepstakes, and one for the Walking Dead LE table Friday night (I've never even seen a TWD table yet though). I'd obviously love to win (and we're in the process of adopting an older child from foster care, so I bet a pinball table would be awesome for the future kid too!), but if I don't, the money sounds like it's going to a good place.

#559 9 years ago

im a sucker for a chance to win a nib pin

#560 9 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I'd obviously love to win (and we're in the process of adopting an older child from foster care, so I bet a pinball table would be awesome for the future kid too!), but if I don't, the money sounds like it's going to a good place.

Welcome to Pinside and good luck with the adoption!

#561 9 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

and we're in the process of adopting an older child

Fezmid awesome that you're adopting an older child! Best of luck to you!!!

The hobby does become addicting. Not too many out there that have just one machine and those that do, more than likely, it's not the original one they purchased!

A lot of kids today arent into pinball with all the video games but you may find that your kid(s) take a liking to it. My son (now 16) loves it. I always laugh as I am the one the spend the money and puts all the time into fixing/restoring them and he in turn kicks my a** when I play against him!!!

Good luck with the hobby and the adoption!

#562 9 years ago

Thanks, guys. The process sucks -- paperwork hell -- and when we moved, we had to start the whole process again (argh), but hopefully sometime in 2015... And if the future kid ends up not liking pinball, well... More for me.

Quoted from meSz:

The hobby does become addicting. Not too many out there that have just one machine and those that do, more than likely, it's not the original one they purchased!

My concern is that I have no idea how to maintain a machine -- I don't know how to solder or anything (although I want to find time to learn!). But I'm willing to learn.

#563 9 years ago

Another lucky winner! Patrick was the winner from the Sweepstakes #5 which was drawn by Josh Sharpe and Adam Lefkoff at the FreePlay Florida Show- two weeks ago.
Patrick copy copy.jpgPatrick copy copy.jpg
Looks like he is very happy with his New Walking Dead pinball machine.

#565 9 years ago

Ahh hell, I just grabbed a 2nd entry for this one. Someone is going to have an awesome Christmas =)

#566 9 years ago

if only I had an extra 450.00.......

#567 9 years ago

Well, is project #6 good to go?

#568 9 years ago

Thank you!!! Sweepstakes #6 is Soldout!
Gauge61 copy.pngGauge61 copy.png

#569 9 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

My concern is that I have no idea how to maintain a machine -- I don't know how to solder or anything (although I want to find time to learn!). But I'm willing to learn.

I was in the same boat years ago! I use to pay a guy to come out and fix my machines. He would teach me stuff along the way and then I found out about RGP (another site like Pinside but generic). With RGP and Pinsiders help I know am able to fix most of the issues with my machines!

Any time you have an issue with your machine search on Pinside as someone else may have already had the issue. If you don't find anything then put a post up asking for help. I can never think of a time that I did not get someone's assistance. Someone is always willing to try and help (especially this guy Lloyd), this is one of the great things about Pinside.

Lastly, fixing a machine is a hell of a lot easier than adopting a kid!!!

#570 9 years ago

Thank you for all your help for another successful sweepstakes! We have been working hard to make a difference for our kids in the Children’s Hospitals.
Thank you.jpgThank you.jpg

With your help through these sweepstakes, we will be able to offer more kids a chance to play their own pinball machine. A single pinball machine when placed in a hospital setting can be use as a helpful and powerful tool with therapeutic benefits to help these children.

We have a mission plan that will require your continuing help to accomplish so we can do great things through pinball.

Thank you,

Daniel Spolar
Project Pinball Charity

#571 9 years ago
Quoted from Mole:

Gauge61 copy.png 241 KB

Now lets sell out that LE drawing!!

#572 9 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Lastly, fixing a machine is a hell of a lot easier than adopting a kid!!!

Well, I know there's a heck of a lot less paperwork involved, that's for sure! LOL

#573 9 years ago
Quoted from Mole:

Woohoo!

#574 9 years ago

Just sent my donation! Do we get any type of confirmation that our donation was received?

#575 9 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Do we get any type of confirmation that our donation was received?

I'm assuming my paypal email confirmation is enough?

#576 9 years ago

I hope they continue to do these sweepstakes, Lots of fun, congrats to all the winners and the people that got pinball machines

#577 9 years ago

Do we get any type of confirmation that our donation was received?

Yeah, I mailed about this because it's a little confusing, but Daniel confirmed that the PayPal receipt confirms entry. Apparently there's supposed to be another link or something, but it frequently doesn't come through like it's supposed to. Regardless, he was able to confirm all four of my entries for the sweepstakes, as well as my one entry for TWD LE, so you should be good to go as well.

(my first helpful post! )

#578 9 years ago

I just purchased a lovely Walking Dead LE sticker. Oh, and maybe I will win a pin.

#579 9 years ago

Bump for everyone to buy an LE sticker or two!!

#580 9 years ago

When is the Drawing for #6?

Edit: Never mind found the information

#581 9 years ago

Last week for the Sweepstakes #7 to win a pinball machine!

Let's get this done so we can help more kids and their families through pinball.

We are getting a tremendous amount support and more and more opportunities to help our Children's Hospitals across the nation. We really need your help to make this a reality. Please, reach out in your online communities and help us by sharing our page links. Ask family and friends to donate to win a pinball machine.

We are pushing to get donations so we can forge ahead with these new locations.

A new hospital location as been confirmed and will be announced later this evening.

Thank you for your support!
Daniel Spolar

#583 9 years ago
Quoted from Mole:

Last week for the Sweepstakes #7 to win a pinball machine!

What happens if the #7 drawing doesn't get filled in the 7 day window? Does it get extended?

Is there a way to confirm that our entries were received? I sent anyone this morning in an attempt to fill up the #7 drawing.

#584 9 years ago

What happens if the #7 drawing doesn't get filled in the 7 day window? Does it get extended?

Is there a way to confirm that our entries were received? I sent anyone this morning in an attempt to fill up the #7 drawing.

From what I'm led to believe, it's drawn with simply however many people have registered for it under 200. So if anything, you have a better chance of winning if it doesn't fill up.

#585 9 years ago
Quoted from Krankor:

From what I'm led to believe, it's drawn with simply however many people have registered for it under 200. So if anything, you have a better chance of winning if it doesn't fill up.

That can't be right. If they don't sell half the tickets they wouldn't break even.

#586 9 years ago

I believe when reading the rules for round six, if they didn't sell out all money would be refunded automatically.

#587 9 years ago
Quoted from Krankor:

I seem to recall reading that if they don't sell all 200, they refund those who purchased in on the sweepstakes. Mole will have to confirm though.

I'm confused on why the $50 ones are filling up pretty quickly, but nobody seems interested in the $75 one for TWDLE.

#588 9 years ago

because its 50% more and people dont like twdle?

#589 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

because its 50% more and people dont like twdle?

But it's also worth roughly 50% more, so would be able to be sold to get a wanted NIB (with extra cash enough to pay the taxes on the winnings). And based on the TWD threads I've seen here, most people seem to like the table, so.... /shrug

#590 9 years ago

6 DAYS LEFT!!!

Let's fill up this last drawing. I just bought my sticker!

Speaking of stickers, it looks like the sticky fell off this post.

Edit: stickies don't show unless there are unread posts, duh.

Post edited by NextoPin: Head Space and Timing.

#591 9 years ago

I got a ticket in both twdle and pro, im hoping to win both. Lol

If i won twdle id keep it though

#592 9 years ago

In for 1 each, and I would be happy to win either... lets hope #7 sells out so everyone gets a chance to win a pro.

#593 9 years ago

5 days to sell 144 Walking Dead LE stickers.

#594 9 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

5 days to sell 144 Walking Dead LE stickers.

Thats a shame..Hope it happens.
I did my part also.

#595 9 years ago

I think the WDLE is going to run until it sells out if I read it correctly...the pro sweepstakes will end on the 20th and refunds made if it doesn't sell out.

#596 9 years ago
Quoted from NoClassHuman:

I think the WDLE is going to run until it sells out if I read it correctly...the pro sweepstakes will end on the 20th and refunds made if it doesn't sell out.

I'd buy another "sticker" to avoid the refund, I hope other folks who can spare the change do too..

#597 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I'd buy another "sticker" to avoid the refund, I hope other folks who can spare the change do too..

I agree. If the worst happens and refunds are offered, I hope that we are given the option to refuse the refund and have the charity keep the money.

#598 9 years ago

I think we are toast on the regular one too. It's only at 25% with 6 days to go. Too bad they won't extend it.

#599 9 years ago

Grabbed another, great cause!

#600 9 years ago

I think we are toast on the regular one too. It's only at 25% with 6 days to go. Too bad they won't extend it.

It's cool to run a sweepstakes every month, or couple months or something, but I think the problem is running them one after another, and even trying to fill 2 simultaneously. Not all of us on here have that much extra cash to be donating $50+ every week and/or another $75 for the LE one.

Still a great cause, but might want to pace it a little slower? I think the well might be drying up. I'm sure you still have your deep pockets guys that would keep going infinitely, but everyone might not be able to keep up. (Me included)

That said, I am hoping to pick up maybe 1 or 2 more this Friday after I get paid.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

6,495 (Firm)
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 4,787 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 96.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-the-children-and-win-a-new-stern/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.