IMG_3740 (resized).jpeg
Hopkins 25 May (resized).jpg
76F39BFA-7D9A-47D6-98C5-A110EB410D18 (resized).jpeg
EBC1EEC9-905F-41AB-85D7-22DE134E516C (resized).png
7B177453-2DCE-479D-9C8A-96B885FA37B1 (resized).png
32AE8250-BFC5-433C-8330-5E4FCB8B9D0E (resized).jpeg
E990DD7D-FAFA-4341-A3ED-99134FAA68A7 (resized).jpeg
A1575986-AD78-4B59-952F-F3FC85B8D25A (resized).jpeg

There are 4,785 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 96.
#451 9 years ago

Ok I just bought a ticket and it said one left so I think I got # 200
image-391.jpgimage-391.jpg

#452 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Ok I just bought a ticket and it said one left so I think I got # 200

yep they are gone.

#454 9 years ago

Whoo Hoo! Now on to #6!!!!! I took over my 12 yr old's Leaf Blowing business just to fund my charity habit!!!

#455 9 years ago

Has anyone been able to enter into drawing #6? I can't find the link to enter.

#456 9 years ago
Quoted from Flack:

Has anyone been able to enter into drawing #6? I can't find the link to enter.

Hasn't gone up yet from what I can tell - no message on their Facebook. I'm waiting for it to pop up too.

#458 9 years ago

sttng.jpgsttng.jpg

#459 9 years ago

Perhaps putting us on hiatus in turn ups the future demand. Maybe waiting another 6 months before having the next set of drawings isn't a bad idea...

#460 9 years ago

This is just a short break while a new way of paying is set up. I talked to Dan today and he is working hard on a new setup with more options.

#461 9 years ago

Bumping to see if anyone's heard any word on Project Pinball?

#462 9 years ago

I talked to Dan and the Sweepstakes is BACK UP AND RUNNING!

I'm not privy to all the details but he was trying to fix some issues that paypal had due to some fine print in their rules. So now there is a slight change in the way the tickets are sold. This is similar to what I have seen from some local charities. Basically you buy a Project Pinball sticker for $50 and get a free entry into the raffle. So the deal is exactly the same as before but everyone gets a sticker mailed to them to proudly display!

Follow the link and begin buying! There is already one drawing sold out to be drawn during Free Play Florida and it would be cool if there would be at least two more.

http://www.projectpinball.org/sweepstakes/

#463 9 years ago

They have only made it confusing now! Nowhere on the page does it mention a sweepstakes, much less state you get a free entry for buying a sticker. Also right below is another area to donate that appears unrelated to the sweepstakes. I could see someone donating there thinking they were entering the contest. As they missed 4 days of donations to revamp the site I would have expected it to be clearly laid out.

#464 9 years ago

It is not clear at all that any raffle is tied to the donation for a sticker.

#465 9 years ago

seriously?

#466 9 years ago

It looks as though the "win a pinball" days are gone.

#467 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

It looks as though the "win a pinball" days are gone.

Not necessarily... Paypal doesn't do raffles. I've run into this problem myself. Any reference to a "raffle" is a red flag and will get your account locked pretty fast. When I did something similar, I just had people send money as gifts and put a keyword in the notes.

#468 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

Not necessarily... Paypal doesn't do raffles. I've run into this problem myself. Any reference to a "raffle" is a red flag and will get your account locked pretty fast. When I did something similar, I just had people send money as gifts and put a keyword in the notes.

I thought they just had four successful raffles...? Was Paypal involved with those or not? I ask, because I recently used Paypal to buy one of the last remaining tickets for raffle #5. I arrived to this thread late and missed the first 4.

#469 9 years ago
Quoted from cheesewhisperer:

I thought they just had four successful raffles...? Was Paypal involved with those or not? I ask, because I used recently used Paypal to buy one of the last remaining tickets for raffle #5. I arrived to this thread late and missed the first 4.

It's not an instant flag, but if Paypal catches a sniff of a "raffle" they put a halt to it. They're usually caught on to the scent by a sudden in-flux of deposits equaling the same amount.

It's actually pretty scary how much control they have over your Paypal account.. they can freeze and withdraw from them any time they like it seems. I'm surprised there isn't more government regulation over Paypal, the amount of $$$ passing through their systems daily HAS to be equal to the big banks by now.

Also their fees and exchange rates suck. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

#470 9 years ago

Nothing changed about the sweepstakes just the way it is presented through Paypal. We are not happy about this as well. We are still looking for the best ways to serve the pinball community and the charity with complete transparency.

All the winners of all the sweepstakes have been taken care of. The winners have received or are receiving their choice of pinball machines at this time.

We are still holding the sweepstakes. Number 6 is open at this time, with a $50 LE sticker purchase/ donation is the way to enter the sweepstakes drawing. The winner for sweepstakes #5 and all sweepstakes that sell out will be announced on November 23rd as stated.

Paypal approached us about their return policy. They had issues with the possibilities of a disgruntle donors that were not chosen to receive a pinball machine. To be fair they did listen and tried to work with us to resolve their issues, but remained to be heavy handed on certain things. We told them how we were supported by our great pinball community and that possibility did not exist with our dedicated donors. They listened and still decided to have us change our wording or revoke our account.

We looked at a couple other avenues but none that we found were feasible at this time and are still looking for a better solution to bring back the clear perspective that we always desire.

WE are continuing to hold the sweepstakes because we are still going to placed machines, with your help, in the Children’s Hospital. Also, we have some special announcements coming soon for the pinball machines and their hospital locations. We are working with these Children's Hospitals to try to get as many pinball machines in place before the coming holidays.

If you having any questions, feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Thank you for your support,

Daniel Spolar

#471 9 years ago

Thanks for the explanation Dan. So the raffles are still up and running. Time to buy some more tickets!

#472 9 years ago

Good explanation. Thanks

#473 9 years ago

In.

#474 9 years ago

Will there be a "sticker" tracker, wink-wink, so we know the progress of number 6?

#475 9 years ago
Quoted from Flack:

Will there be a "sticker" tracker, wink-wink, so we know the progress of number 6?

Maybe the limited edition stickers could be numbered?

#476 9 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

Maybe the limited edition stickers could be numbered?

This.

#477 9 years ago

Number the stickers 6-1, 6-2...6-200. Then 7-1, 7-2...7-200.

Each time someone purchases one (or more), update the site to display the current sticker number available.

#478 9 years ago

I'm in and if I win it will be a tough choice. 1st world problems i know

#479 9 years ago

So, any idea how many sold in Sweepstakes #6 so far? I have a feeling with the lack of info there will be no drawings in December

#480 9 years ago

when is the #5 drawing?? im in, just totally missed the drawing date

#481 9 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

November 23rd.

#482 9 years ago
Quoted from osudrummer:

So, any idea how many sold in Sweepstakes #6 so far? I have a feeling with the lack of info there will be no drawings in December

The Sweepstakes #6 Tracker is on the http://www.projectpinball.org/pinball-machine-sweepstakes-details/

Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

The Sweepstakes #5 winner will be drawn on PAPAtv Live at 2:00pm est on November 23rd at the Free Play Florida Show. If Sweepstakes #6 sells out before November 23rd, it will be included to be drawn on that date as well. If Sweepstakes #6 is still open on November 23rd then it will be drawn on December 21st at 2:00pm est.

#483 9 years ago

someone's gonna have a very Merry Christmas!

#484 9 years ago

image-969.jpgimage-969.jpg

#486 9 years ago

thanks for all the info guys

Quoted from Mole:

The Sweepstakes #6 Tracker is on the http://www.projectpinball.org/pinball-machine-sweepstakes-details/

The Sweepstakes #5 winner will be drawn on PAPAtv Live at 2:00pm est on November 23rd at the Free Play Florida Show. If Sweepstakes #6 sells out before November 23rd, it will be included to be drawn on that date as well. If Sweepstakes #6 is still open on November 23rd then it will be drawn on December 21st at 2:00pm est.

#487 9 years ago

Great! Thanks for the info, I'm in also.

#488 9 years ago

I'm in too.

I was a little confused at first until i read the posts.

#489 9 years ago

In again!!! I put in a couple times on the first set of drawings but didn't win. Oh well, money went to a great cause and I'm proud to be a part of it. Can't believe how this has slowed down though. I hope it picks back up so I can get in on one more drawing before the 23rd.

#490 9 years ago

At 19% for this drawing. Free Play Florida is fast approaching. Need to sell this one out!

#491 9 years ago

I just got in....for number drawing #6. Great cause - even if we don't win we create new pinball dreams for the kids. What a great idea!

Hopefully, more people join #6.

#492 9 years ago

I'm in

#493 9 years ago

Thank you Daniel for the opportunity to donate to a great cause.

Being a firefighter, I have helped out at the burn foundation and it was a very humbling experience and it is good to know you have this program up and running and doing well. Keep up the great work!

#494 9 years ago

1 in 200 ain't bad odds!

#495 9 years ago

Come on guys we have to finish number 6!!!

#496 9 years ago

Just bought 2.

#497 9 years ago

I'll pick one up tomorrow.

#498 9 years ago

Could be a big announcement coming!! Check back around 8pm eastern time!

#499 9 years ago

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Interactive
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
NinjaCamp Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
There are 4,785 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 96.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-the-children-and-win-a-new-stern/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.